TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Trevor lighting up Notre Dame.

JetsKickAss and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Trevor or bust. Fuck Fields. Let another loser franchise deal with him.

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

That makes perfect sense to me. I just view both of them as equals in terms of being QB prospects at the next level.

Clearly, they both bring different things to the table but I think both of them will need either time to develop or a good team around them early to be in a position to succeed.

Hopefully JD has been watching the first half of this Clemson/ND game. If so, Morgan should be the starter down the stretch. Full tank.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

At this point in time, Morgan is possibly better than Sam, even with no NFL experience. Be careful what you wish for!

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

After watching that Clemson-Notre Dame game, I don't want to sound extreme, but I will be very disappointed if the Jets win a game and blow the chance to draft Trevor Lawrence. He is going to be a star. You don't go (0-13) to just blow it at the end and miss out on a wonderful QB like him. I'm not saying I would stop being a fan, but I would care much less. This season has been tough, but it could be worth it in the end.

Fields, on the other hand, looked terrible today. He can make up for it in the College Football Playoff, but he is not close to Lawrence. Maybe even a Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf gap from #1 to #2. (at least today)

6. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Us winning a game and not drafting Lawrence will be the biggest disappointment for our fan base since losing to Pittsburgh in the championship game....not sarcasm

This is a chance to turn things around for the next 15 years, not to mention the domino effect:

1) Attain first pick
    2) Attract top level coach and staff
    3) Attract and afford top level free agents
    4) Have a star on his rookie deal and have more cap space for years while the majority of NFL feels effects of cap space issues from COVID

Us winning 1 meaningless game would prevent all of this. It's up to ownership and Joe D to have a plan for the next 3 games to ensure this doesn't happen. LA and Browns should be fine, but that Pats game is a huge ? right now without some creativity.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Agreed.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

i came here to post something similar.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if the Jets lose the top pick, Douglas should be fired along with Gase. Becuase that makes it clear that either Douglas is clueless or incapable of standing up to other people who are clueless. Either one is a fileable offense.

NYJetsO12 and JetsKickAss like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OMG! I just saw the funniest thing. Some guy's kids took a shot at the Jets in their father's obituary:

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Field sucks

period

he would fail as Jets QB no question...he needs a dominant OL with no pressure and wide open receivers

He is Haskins 2.0
    Like I thought Ohio State produces OL and running backs, not QBs

hard pass for me

I’d sooner trade out of #2 if we end up with that pick than take him.

Noam, ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

We should all chip in and have some Covid-19 infected food delivery kid visit the Jets at Florham Park so the Jets are in lockdown mode the final 2 weeks of the season.:D

13. JetsKickAss

But what are you saying they should do -- we all know that a team can LEAN towards a tank with personnel choices over 6 months but there is no way you can tell Gase or the players to deliberately lose on a given Sunday ?

14. JetsKickAss

And great LB's (Bosa, Young).

Jets79 likes this.
  15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

This weekend if the Jags beat the Ravens and if NE beats Miami we essentially locked up Lawrence

JetsKickAss and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Talk about a Christmas miracle! :D;)

Noam and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. JetsKickAss

The Jags beating the Ravens would be like me winning Powerball. :D

I don't know why NE-Miami is related to our securing the #1 overall pick. We just need to lose out or get 1 more win from Jax.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Front office decision: We want to evaluate our bubble players, and we don't want to risk injury to anyone valuable going forward. So none of the following should be playing Week 17: Crowder, Mims, Perriman, Herndon, Becton, McGovern, Fant, Henry Anderson, Q Williams, Maye, and Austin. Essentially treat it like it's Week 4 of the preseason. Gase should have no say in this decision and should be fired before the game if he refuses to abide by it. Also, Douglas should have an idea if Darnold is in fact significantly better than Morgan. If so, Morgan should be starting.

Noam and JetsKickAss like this.
  19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Never know.. Ravens coming off a huge divisional win on a short week. They might over look the lowly Jags. Sprinkle in some Minshew Magic and now there is a chance

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Meh....as far as we all should be concerned their only chance of winning is the Jags playing Chicago next week

The Ravens got a scare from Cleveland and should be ready. They are not beating the Colts 12/27 unless the game is handed to them