If we don't get TL, there's always this guy

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Cman68, Dec 17, 2020.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

His skills position players are not nfl caliber by any stretch. His coach call d-2 plays. Hey it works for him.

Wilson will get in an NFL offense that uses him correctly, and he will soar.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think a lot of that would depend on the haul that the Jets would get from trading down. If we just get a 2nd and a 3rd? Sure, might as well just take Wilson/Fields and go from there but if trading down to 10ish gets us an extra 1st next year, and maybe a couple of extra 2s? I absolutely trade down and try to build this team up. If we don't get Wilson because of that? Oh well, maybe go for Lance/Trask/etc. or even punt on QB this year, sign a stop-gap vet to run things and then go after Howell/Slovis next year at the top of the draft.

Just for arguments sake, let's say this plays out. Jets are picking 2 (PLEASE GOD NO!!). Philly is drafting at 10 and they love Fields. Would you drop back to 10 if Philly offered 10, their 2nd rounder this year, their 1st round pick next year, their 2nd round pick next year, and some change? I like Wilson but I don't think he'd be worth passing on that offer, especially with all the holes we have on this team. That would give us 5 picks in the first 2 rounds next year, plus an extra fairly high 2 for this year.

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Hard to say. It would really just depend on how far we went down and how enamored a team is with Fields/Wilson.

Just guessing, but I would imagine the starting price for 2021 2nd overall would be 2021 1st, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, and some change (think a 4th this year and a 5th next year, maybe).

The draft value trade chart lists 2 overall as 2600 points. 3rd 2200, 4th 1800, etc. This isn't an exact science but it does give you a general idea on value of picks. So the further down you go, the more value (picks) teams would have to give up.

I'll link the website that has the value chart so everyone can check it out.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=NYJ

ouchy likes this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I don't believe that valuation but I would love it if you were right.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You got one with fuck ups so we can see the downside as well?

It isn't like we didn't know Darnold was INT machine in college.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm in the minority I'm sure, but if I've identified a stud, especially a stud QB, and I have a need for that, I'm not going to gamble on losing him because I was greedy. Now someone like Parcells who believed his coaching could make up for a certain lack of talent at QB, he'd certainly do that trade, but maybe I'm not that good of a gambler. I'll take the "bird in hand" over the "Two in the bush". If I did consider trading back, for a top 10 QB I'd want more than what you suggested - probably their 1st rounder plus another one this year, and a second this year, and probably their 1st next year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have a feeling that tape will be almost impossible to find... :)

K'OB likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

Well Dude, i certainly give weight to your opinion, given you watched the whole game (sorry I didn't know that when I suggested you look at the video I posted), and that you obviously follow college football closely. Not having watched the whole game I'm not going to pretend to argue with you, but from what I saw in that game and the other video I've seen, Wilson is a good QB. I think Carolina Coastal was fired up and played a good game against him - that happens to even the best QBs, even Brady. And I'll go so far as to freely admit that because I haven't been able to watch every minute of every game he's played I really can't say for certain if he's as good as he looks to me, but until I see evidence to the contrary I'll stick with my assessment.

IDFjet likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's possible except dak will sign somewhere before the draft. If they don't resign or tag him then I could see them drafting a QB

JetsKickAss likes this.
  10. K'OB

Has he deleted them all :p:p:p

Cman68 likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

I have no clue. bridgewater has been good . they signed him for 3 years in the offseason at a reasonable price. he's only counting 14mil this year and 23 mil next year and 26 mil in 2022. they have weapons on offense with mccafrey and davis at RB and robby, samual and moore at WR. both anderson and moore will finish over 1k yards barring injury. they need defense or o-line i can't see them grabbing a QB right now

ouchy likes this.
  12. K'OB

Probably because Teddy is still a sack away from being one legged.

So if they draft a qB they then can sit him and let him develop at his own pace behind a steady QB that can teach the rookie how to play NFL QB, it is probably quite sensible tbh.

NCJetsfan and ouchy like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The point is a good one. But Wilson has nowhere near the physical talent that Allen had. Allen has an absolute cannon when fading away and moving. Wilson can throw on the run but he doesn't have the ability to rifle the ball into a tight window as he tends to float balls to the sidelines more than he should. He's not a long strider or as big and strong as Allen was. He has short choppy steps which will ultimately make him a bit slower in the NFL.

He also couldn't reach the end zone from his own 40. That's not a huge indictment on him but it was discouraging considering he threw his entire body behind a throw to only get it about 50-55 yards.

You can float balls outside the numbers a bit more in the college game because the underneath defenders aren't as fast or long or heady enough to get under deep outs. I'd like to see how he looks in workouts throwing with some more zip outside.

I think it was @Darnasty that said he looks like a second round prospect. He may jump though.

JetsKickAss, KY Jets Fan and stinkyB like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

Since you watched the whole game maybe you can tell me: on that "hail mary" at the end of the half - I assume that's the pass you're referring to here - was he hit as he threw, or impeded in stepping fully into it? Seems to me on another video I watched that might've been the case but I can't find that video now. I was thinking that he was impeded and then hit late which is what caused the fight to break out.

15. ColoradoContrails

Well who does have an arm like Allen? Maybe Mahomes. But Wilson has waaaaay more accuracy, and I believe is a more elusive runner. If the Bills can make Allen into an All Pro, surely someone can make Wilson into at least that.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yeah, that's was my point....
    he looks more fundamentally sound, but doesnt have the physical attributes that Allen has

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Unimpeded my friend.

Got it, man. Agreed - my bad. I meant that to sound more in agreement than it did.

ColoradoContrails and stinkyB like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

watching that video wilson looked ugly TBH. his mechanics are awful and he doesn't have the arm to make up for them. he locks into 1 read and waits it out. I didn't see much good form him on that game film at all that would translate to the NFL

JetsKickAss and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

He reminds me a lot of Mitchell Trubisky. And I think he's going to be a trendy riser like him too.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

Thanks! Well I think that was still a pretty good throw - 60-62 yards. You think that's his limit?