If we don't get TL, there's always this guy

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Cman68, Dec 17, 2020.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Just make sure the talent is there, which i think they would.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree (at least at the moment). I need to see a LOT more film on him, but right now, if we miss out on Lawrence, I'd trade down and take Jamar Chase. I don't want Fields or Wilson or Lance or Sam. Don't like any of them. I'd rather roll with Morgan or a vet.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

From what I've seen of Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson, I hope they can get Trevor, but failing that I'd take Wilson, maybe in a trade back situation. He reminds me of Mahomes, without quite the arm strength, but he's at least as accurate, and maybe more so than Mahomes. The only question I have is can he do as well against much better competition? Looking at the highlight reel he mostly had DAYS to find his receivers - how would he do in the situation Darnold has had to be in? But he's much faster and more mobile than Sam and MUCH more accurate, and he seems to have an innate feel for the game around him.

stinkyB, Cman68 and JetsKickAss like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

Not against Coastal Carolina he wasn't! Based solely on that game, I wouldn't use a 7th round draft pick on Wilson. He was neither accurate, nor decisive in that game. What he was was awful.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dude he absolutely was, its amazing how many people base team performace on a college players actual skill.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Red Menace and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

But if they want that tackle Sewell....coming off Burrow's ACL.....they don't want to move down and risk blowing the OT.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. JetsKickAss

You don't like Fields ? If he has 2 or 3 good games starting this Saturday, would that change ?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Wilson looks very good in this highlights video, but every player looks great in a highlight video. His play wasn't against SEC, Big 10 or ACC teams, but the likes of LA Tech, Troy, Navy, UT-SA, Houston , and Texas St. In this video he looks to have the ability to read Ds, make good decsions, a strong, accurate arm, is fast and has the ability to get yards with his feet. Again, however, one has to remember the level of competition. Until I see him do this against legit FBC teams, I wouldn't take him in the 1st round. Coastal Carolina isn't all that, and he looked confused and like dog shit the whole game.

At around the 7:37 mark, he is running the ball to the left. He has the angle and I think could have scored a TD or at least gotten another 10-20 yards, but he gives up and slides. I don't like that at all! When he throws into a tight window, his ball placement isn't very good. A lot of the passes he completed in this video would be knocked down or intercepted in the NFL imo.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

No, not at the moment, but I've only seen a little video of him. I need to see more of him. Right now, I like Wilson better than Fields, but don't really like either. For me, it's Lawrence or trade down and take Ja'Mar Chase.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

I don't recall if you said you watched the whole game. I didn't get a chance to, but I did watch several "composite" videos of the game, this one being the best I think:

IDK how you can say Wilson was terrible in that game. Coastal Carolina was the best team they faced and he did well. The INT was a "hail mary" at the end of the first half that was intercepted out of the crowd at the goal line. He made some great throws in that game, and many under pressure. I think you're being overly harsh.

Mogriffjr, Noam and Red Menace like this.
  11. JetsKickAss

Hey Guys....you can see Trevor, Fields, Mac Jones, and Trask of Florida this Saturday. Set your DVR's !!! :D

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I watched every second of that game, and he showed me nothing. I truly am puzzled why you like him so much. He looked like a 3rd rate QB to me.

I don't see how you can say how he did well? He was 19 of 30 for 240 yards, 1 TD and 1 interception. That's pretty mediocre imo.

#32 NCJetsfan, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    JetsKickAss likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

From the film I've watched, he's the most accurate passer I've seen, including TL and Fields, and he demonstrates a feel for the game. I guess if you don't see that we'll just have to ATD. I still take Lawrence, because he too is accurate and has a good arm, AND he's played in big games against good teams, but if they can't get him, Wilson is my #2.

JetsKickAss and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

I see that in the highlights video against inferior competition, but I need to see that against top notch competition.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

Well that's my concern as well. But he has shown he can do it, unlike when I watched Darnold, Allen, to name two. He was under some pressure against C.C. and still showed great accuracy in the pocket and on the run. I'd feel more confident if I saw him against some Top 10 schools, but I think he's going to be good in the pros, especially if he can sit for a year and get used to the speed of the pro game.

Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

JetsKickAss likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Who would he sit behind with the Jets?

18. ColoradoContrails

One possibility is Darnold if they keep him, but that's probably unlikely. Maybe Flacco, but I think he's shot and so also not likely. But there are enough vets out there that could serve the purpose. If you were asking them to come in and place hold for Lawrence, that might limit the list, but a lot of vets might think their chances of beating out someone like Wilson are worth signing up for.

Cman68, NCJetsfan and JetsKickAss like this.
  19. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

LOL. If we go through all this crap to end up with this dude?!!!!!

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Remember gents, this is a Plan B suggestion just in case. These are the NYJ's and they never seem to get things like this right. Maybe this time is the charm, but I have a nasty feeling the Jets will pull a win out this season totally unexpected. IF that happens, then Plan B becomes Plan A.