If we don't get TL, there's always this guy

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Cman68, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

You wouldn't take him at #1 would you ?

Where would you feel comfortable using a 1st-rounder on him ?

2 ?

5 ?

Cman68 likes this.
  3. Cman68

2 absolutely as he won't last past 3. Not 1 though. I'm thinking if the Jets do something as stupid like win a game and blow the #1, I would take Wilson over Fields at 2.

4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

You think he's going 3rd or even 4th (since if Cincy drafts 3rd they are NOT taking a QB) ?

Have 3 QB's ever been taken 1-2-3 ? Maybe Cincy trades out of 3.

apjbfc and ouchy like this.
  5. Cman68

I dunno if 3 qb's were ever taken 1,2,3. but there's always a first time. I do know there are teams hungry enough for a FQB that they will put together some awesome packages to get in the sweepstakes. Make Cincy an offer they can't refuse and they'll take it I'm sure. They need as much help as we do and if they could parlay 3 into a Jamal Adams type haul or even better, they'd be crazy not to do it. I know everybody looks great in their YouTube highlight collage but I just see something in Wilson. Call it swagger if you want, but the kid seems to have that "it" factor imo. Accurate and a rifle makes a nice skillset for a QB playing outdoors in the NE. He also plays with "Tude" and that alone will endear him to the NY media market.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Cinci needs o-line help more than anything else, especially on the heels of the Burrow injury. I don't think there's any chance they pass up Sewell at 3. There's an argument he's the best player in the draft and he's a perfect positional need for Cinci.

7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

He kinda reminds me of Drew Breese in that clip but that clip is very deceiving though... Here’s the thing I watched his last 3 games and ti be honest it looked like division 2 football. Wilson showed flashes of brilliance and flashes of not a professional QB.. he’s probably something in the middle. Going from BYU to the NFL will be like going from grade 1 to grade 8. If he gets the chance to sit behind a vet for a year or two and get brought up to speed it could work because he has a live arm and good instincts. If he’s thrown into a bottom feeder team and forced to start he will be ruined the same way Sam was.

Lawrence like Luck is pro ready and can only get better with reps. Where Wilson needs to watch reps and run the 2s for a while to have a chance.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He throws a pretty ball and their offense has wrinkles in it that the Chiefs do....very vertical oriented. If we don't get Sunshine somehow I'd be all in on Wilson.

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Cincy wont trade out. They want (need) that tackle too much. Atlanta could end up at 4 and take him though.

JetsKickAss and REVISion like this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Ive been talking about him for weeks now. Garnered some hate

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hes an amazing talent and doesnt have a great team around him. Hes accurate and smart. Nothing division 2 about him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. Cman68

Worse comes to worse, Zack could always sit behind Flacco if Big Joe is still on the roster next year. That buys JD more time to get the OL and WR situation settled.

ColoradoContrails, boozer32 and ouchy like this.
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He reminds me of Joe Montana the way he throws the ball. Nice touch on his passes.

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

1999. The top 3 picks. Couch, McNabb and Akili Smith. Not sure the order except Couch was 1.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

At this point Zack Wilson would feel like coal in the stocking. The Jets are locked into a top 2 pick at this point which should mean Lawrence OR Fields.

Wilson is completely overrated at this point, he’s a second tier QB prospect(3rd tier in this draft) that has faced zero competition in college and shit the bed the one time he played a solid D.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The first legitimate team Wilson and BYU played last week was Coastal Carolina and he looked incredibly pedestrian.

He's OK. But the same people that knock Lawrence and Fields for having talent around them and throwing to wide open receivers are the ones that didn't watch him throw lollipop 9 routes to receivers against Houston and Texas State and North Alabama (whatever division that is).

#16 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm not cold on him as a prospect, but I wouldnt draft him, unless it involved a solid haul to trade down.

Allen played against inferior competition also (that was my knock on him as well) but he has the qualities you cant coach (size, speed and arm) so if they traded down enough to get Wilson mid-to late rd, ok..... but this is a consolation prize in cas they JETS themselves out of drafting Lawrence.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Rockinz

I didn’t say he was division 2 I said it looked like division 2 football... meaning the football he played was not very good. BYU made Coastal Carolina look like 85 Bears

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You're equating 1 players play to an entire team effort?

He was the best player in the field. The talent around him limits him.

His coach limits him. He is actuate and decisive. Not his fault his coach is d-2 and so are his skills positions.

20. Rockinz

He’s got talent no doubt. Live arm, athleticism and awareness. What I’m saying for us it would be a dumpster fire just like Sam. If he sits behind a solid vet he has a chance to develop but throwing him from BYU to the NFL would be a disaster

Cman68 and zace like this.