boozer32's Entire Jets 2021 Offseason Projection

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Nov 30, 2020.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree its should be Trevor all the way anything else would piss me off to the highest of pisiitivity.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Would you want a solid team top to bottom that knows how to win with an avg QB (sam), or a team full of holes that finds a new way to lose every week with a 'generational' QB who'd be generational on any other team?

boozer32 likes this.
  3. boozer32

It's not personal view I borrowed it from another site and posted here for some converstaion. No way would I not take Lawrence.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Maybe but Sam is a bad quarterback right now. One of the worst in the NFL if not the worst at the moment. So who is the average QB we'd be working with?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

What?? None of this is your work? You posted it as your own in the thread title dude...

MoWilkBeast, Jets81 and FJF like this.
  6. boozer32

Great point. But why can't we do both and be like the Steelers, Saints, Green Bay and Seahawks who seem to be reload every year it seems. But I like your thinking and I'm sure the Jets brass has had that talk.

7. boozer32

Not how I intended it to role out. I did in the first paragraph state that this was not my vision for the Jets offseason. I just thought it was something people would like to see and discuss besides losing every game for a whole season.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

What?

FJF likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I can’t get on board with moving Becton to right tackle when he’s already trending towards elite at left. 7.4 for fant is worth it. Good effort on the mock but not a fan.

10. boozer32

Well I promise you I wrote out that this was another site. I also look at it and saw someone injected Boozer32 in the title. I just edited but could not remove the Boozer32 from the title.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm glad that it wasn't your view and that you want Lawrence.

boozer32 likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I want a solid team top to bottom that knows how to win with an above average to elite QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

It doesn't have to be one or the other. That's ridiculous!

REVISion likes this.
  14. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

I got angry reading that.

15. NCJetsfan

Me too. It was probably written by a Pats, Bills or Dolphins fan. It repeats every mistake the Jets have made over the last 10 years or so...passing on an elite QB prospect, doubling up on a position of strength (OT and TE) and ignoring other positions of need, drafting too much defense high rather than building around Sam, hiring a defensive-minded coordinator, rather than one who will focus on offense to help ensure that Lawrence and the offense succeeds, and has crazy things like FAs signing here on a "prove-it" deal, and Chuba Hubbard falling to the 6th round. People who write crap like that should stick to Madden.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If Sam showed any promise this year, the Jets probably do the Jax trade adding to a ridiculous amount of picks in rounds 1-3 over the next 2 drafts.

But the reality is Sam looked horrible yesterday. Even more concerning, if yesterday was Sam healthy he needs a fresh start somewhere with better structure.

ouchy and mrjet80 like this.
  17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

There are exceptions to the rule though. It's not completely wrong what he said... The draft flow chart Is there as a foundation, every year, teams will trade under or over that chart.

Then you have exceptions to the rule. TL would absolutely be that exception, you just don't see It often because most teams are smart enough to take a generational talent when they see one. They are rare, so the only reason It doesn't seem that way, Is because of the rarity of It.

..but, obviously, there has been ridiculous trades in NFL history. Often one-sided In hindsight. Usually picks for players are the biggest lop-sided stories In history.

Point Is. There Is no reason to think that regardless of where you are picking In the draft, that a kings ransom wouldn't be asked for the chance to draft TL. It would happen. It should happen, otherwise, why wouldn't you just take the generational talent?

I don't think JD Is that idiotic. So, I'm not concerned with that scenario, but If you can outright steal that many picks from another team, It would be wroth considering at least.

I would still take TL though, but, If that was the loot I would get from the Jags. While also getting the second best QB In the draft. A QB that would certainly go #1 overall In a lot of other drafts. Yeah, I would consider that. No way I take a lineman though. Not there.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Oh crap I didn’t see that ....lol.

boozer32 likes this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It really is a shame for a lot of reasons......Darnold not being “ the guy “ sets the rebuild back obviously. If Darnold isn’t the franchise QB it’s just about back to square one. I really feel you are correct - if he gets a new start somewhere else with better coaching and a better team structure he can be a good QB - he does have the talent.

Even worse if Darnold did turn out to be the franchise QB and the Jets still wound up with the #1 pick JD could trade down and get many high kicks in return and speed up the rebuild. Imagine JD trading down and getting two or three first round picks in subsequent years and maybe even a second round pick along with that. That would have given the Jets at least two first round picks in the next three to four years ( counting the Adams trade ).

Lastly I feel bad for Darnold. He seems like a good kid, never complains, just tries to go about his job. He’s had terrible luck, between the mono and the injuries - due in part to Mac’s mismanagement of the OL and a lack of playmakers. If he is traded or winds up on another team I hope he finds himself ( as long as it’s not the Patriots of course ).

ouchy likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

Yes, there are exceptions to every rule, but they are "exceptions" for a reason, i.e., they don't usually happen. It is also common sense. A team is going to have to give up a lot more to move up to the #1 spot from #18 than they would from #2. Yes, to pass up on taking Trevor Lawrence, it would be steep to move up from even #2, but it would be a lot more steep from #18. I didn't say that it wouldn't be steep. Of course it would be, and should be steep if you're gonna pass up on a QB prospect like that. The only reason a team should do that (pass up on a prospect like Lawrence) is if they already have a FQB like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady in their prime. Of course, teams with those QBs aren't going to be drafting #1 in the draft.

I don't think that JD is an idiot at all. He's not going to pass up on Lawrence. That would be a career-defining and most likely, a career-ending mistake. The only scenarios in which I could see JD passing on Lawrence is if: 1) JD sees Lawrence and Fields as even and he gets blown away with a ridiculous offer like the Herschel Walker trade or the Mike Ditka trading his whole draft for a player (Ricky Williams?); 2) perhaps Fields is a better fit with the new HC's offense; 3) Lawrence's throwing arm/shoulder get seriously injured such that it could be a chronic issue; 4) something shocking comes out about Lawrence's character; 5) Lawrence informs JD that he won't sign with the Jets.

Yes, there have been ridiculous trades in the NFL thanks to idiots like Mike Ditka and whomever was the GM of the Vikings in the Herschel Walker trade. As dumb as Mac was, even he wasn't dumb enough to give up 1st round picks to move up to take Darnold.

#40 NCJetsfan, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    IIMeanDeanII likes this.