Anybody know why Gase is still our HC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I think it was mentioned that they don’t want to tarnish careers, that is why they kept Mac for the draft. But Gase wanted him out after draft, and lobbied to make it happen.... also Gase as part of hiring JD plays in the reason as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noam likes this.
  2. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 Sack exchange, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  3. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

I really believe Gase and JD are in the tank together. I think CJ signed off on it. Gase is not making moves a coach trying anything to win would make . Does he want to go 0-16 no. Yet no one is speaking out on the team. If they believed Gase was a goner with his record , they would be killing him.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The Jets fired Charley Winner in midseason with a 2 - 7 record. 0 - 10 is much worse. Overall his head coach record was 44 - 44 - 5. 30 - 44 much is worse. The record is not changed by the number of people in the stands or how many are sick. Why should anyone care in the slightest what Gase is telling them? He has proven he is inept.

Gase should not have been hired and he should have been fired already.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Firing coaches in mid-season generally fails as a strategy.

Exceptions would be when the coach is fighting with management or has given up on his team. Gase will be gone at the end of the season. The only question is whether the Jets will have a few wins and no franchise QB or will have Lawrence for the next guy to work with.

Leicester Jet and Snatch Catch like this.
  6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I honestly believe when they hired JD, they agreed that Gase and JD will get a full year together and after that they would reassess at the end of the season. It just so happens we are an abomination and it will only be one season together.

Gase is going to be fired on either black Monday or a few days after the last game.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The odds of a new coach winning are probably higher than that of Gase winning when he is trying. He is so bad, I am happy with the idea that he is trying to win. He will just continue to lose

8. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I mean....we’re not making the playoffs with a new HC this season. Whoever’s calling the plays, him, Loggains, me....it’s still not quite working. 0-16 is an embarrassment even if we end up with the greatest QB of all time because of it. It appears he’s genuinely trying to win games, which makes him look worse imo. 0-16 is a pretty strong indictment at the end of the season. Let him dig himself in deeper.

If we’re looking at coaches already, I’m thinking he’s gone already. Him trying to win could be an attempt at trying to show he’s a nfl caliber coach. What good coach would come in during the middle of a losing season anyway? We need a good HC.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

there has only been 1 season out of the last 10 where a coach has not gotten fired mid season. I agree completely that the longer the team waits the more damage they do. those saying its because they know he will tank are talking like fans not nfl decision makers. i can almost guarantee thats not the thinking. i am confident that the likelihood of him staying is better than they arent firing him because they have embraced the tank.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-coaches-fired-resigned-season-2000/

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I believe Greg Roman is not going to be available till the Ravens are out of the playoffs, so why rush to fire Gase.

11. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Agreed. And also it seems like an aspect of tanking that is being ignored is the idea of starting fresh. You tank to get the best pick, but with a new GM there's also the desire to start completely over. I think when this season went off the rails Douglas took the long view and decided to let it burn out rather than waste time/effort/resources in a salvage attempt. Installing a new coach midseason would just be another waypoint to the desired destination - complete overhaul.

Waiting it out until the offseason allows more of a blank slate and a cleaner sense of direction on the rebuild.

Falco21 likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The bold is what scares the hell out of me with this Jets organization.

#32 Red Menace, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    alleycat9 likes this.
  13. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

i am confident that the likelihood of him staying is better than they aren’t firing him

I believe this too. There is no way professional coaches and players are tanking on purpose. Despite improvements in the last two games the record is 0-10 for a reason but they are trying to win.

As for what’s going on with the owners I have no idea other than financial motives. They are clearly not concerned about being competitive on the field or they would be doing something differently. Like taking an active interest. We could draft the second coming of Joe Montana and Walter Payton and have them coached by Chuck Knoll and still not win the AFC East. Ain’t gonna make shit of difference until the Johnsons sell up.

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Going 0-16 would cement this team as the worst in Jets history, and possibly the worst in NFL history.

That's an indelible mark on CJ, Douglas and Gase, one they will have earned and will never live down.
    They are not trying to lose every game, that's fan fiction. They are just that bad.

Gase should be long fired by now.
    If for no other reason to remove the utter apathy this team currently has on it's track to go 0-16.
    The team has quit.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Worse is much.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Gives us the best chance to lose at this point.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Ravens don't look like a team that's headed for a deep playoff run. They're down to their 4th string C, their LT is out for the season, and Lamar has regressed.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Don't say that....don't you dare say that!!!!

[​IMG]

Red Menace likes this.
  19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

of all the years to go 0-16 as an owner this is the one. no fans, no loss of ticket sales, parking, concessions. they dont lose any money from the tv deal but in the long run they will. they have not showed a single game on tv outside of fairfield county ct. usually 3/4ths of the games are on the ct channels. and its not even because the patriots are on, they are choosing the bucs, steelers, browns, literally ANY game to show other than the jets. and as a team with a smaller than usual fanbase any time they are not on tv its an opportunity for fans to get interested in other teams or for new fans to not get exposed.

god i hate this ownership.

20. There are alot more Jet fans in CT than you think.And not just Fairfield/Litchfield counties either

Red Menace likes this.