Travis Etienne or Kyle Pitts? Who would you take and why?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Nov 20, 2020.

?

If both are there at Seattle's pick, who would you take, Travis Etienne or Kyle Pitts?

1. Kyle Pitts

24 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Travis Etienne

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's not likely, but is possible that both Kyle Pitts and Travis Etienne could be there at Seattle's pick in the draft. If so, and you're the GM, who would you take and why?

Pitts should be a stud and a huge mismatch in the NFL. He would provide a great target and safety valve for Lawrence or Fields. He's a pretty good blocker too although he can get better in that regard.

Etienne is clearly the best back in the draft, is a great runner and receiver, and would take a lot of pressure off of Lawrence. It would also be great because as teammates at Clemson they have chemistry, timing, comfort level and confidence together.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Very interesting question. Tight End is a true luxury position. While a great TE helps an O, it's never built around an O. RB, touches the ball 50% of the time, is a major weapon so I would go Etienne. The problem is a RB always gets hurt...they always do. Just look at the history of RB's. I voted Etienne for his skill but it's so risky to take any RB in round 1. But he's a stud though. He would help Lawrence a lot in year 1 more than a TE. For as good as Pitts is, he is like the size of DK Metcalf..would rather gor for the Penn State kid anyways with our poor OL play.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Unless Entienne is another Zeke Elliot you take the receiver over a RB ..just saying

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Kyle Pitts because @ 6'6 he's the next NFL version of Claypool ala a TE body with WR type of athleticism, speed and playmaking ability.

Also, a RB such as Najeee Harris (who I absolutely love) should be available and ripe for the picking with the first pick of the 2nd round.

But unfortunately after Seattle's win last night I no longer have any hope for Kyle Pitts because chances are he goes top 10-18 and probably won't get past N.E.

I've began to put my focus on WRs such as Terrace Marshall Jr of LSU (check him out @NCJetsfan he's a freak of nature) and also Rondale Moore of Purdue who reminds me of a Desean Jackson/Santana Moss/Tyreek Hill type of clone.

5. NCJetsfan

I think Etienne is better than Zeke Elliot. I think Lawrence having Etienne would give him additional confidence and comfort, and Etienne is a great, great back. That said, I think I would go with Pitts too, as he looks like he could be a monster in the NFL.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. wellemann

wellemann Member

Pitts. 100%.
    TEs seem to have a long lifespan than RBs. They don't take the same pounding.
    A good RB can be found in round 2 or 3 or we can get a rental in free agency.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

My thoughts exactly.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Didn't watch either. Don't watch college football except when Jets are in need of a QB. For the first time in a very long time I watched a game on DVR by fast forwarding Indiana posessions to watch Fields.

That said, if both are graded for first round I will always pick a stud TE over an RB.

RB's can be found in lower rounds and they have low shelf life.

Give me the TE please.

9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I pick Pitts. I wanna give Lawrence as many reliable weapons as possible and Pitts is absolutely destroying SEC defense this year.

Plus there are some solid RB options later too. Najee Harris in the 2nd or Javonte Williams/Kenneth Gainwell in the 3rd could all be solid starters IMO.

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Either.

I don’t think Pitts will last to the Seattle pick. I think Etienne will. I don’t see us selecting him though.

stinkyB likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

I do too. So are you saying that you don't think Etienne is a weapon? I like Harris, Williams and Gainewell and they could indeed be solid starters, but they aren't as dynamic as Etienne, and Lawrence doesn't have experience and chemistry with them. Having Etienne would give Lawrence a big advantage from the start.

12. NCJetsfan

I agree with Pitts, but I just want to point out that QBs can be found in lower rounds as well, and normally, they're nowhere near as good as those taken in the 1st round. Etienne is a special back. He is a complete back. He has 3 years experience with Lawrence. None of you guys seems to realize that that would be a huge advantage for Lawrence and the Jets' offense. They already know what the other needs/expects and have chemistry. It would ease Lawrence's transition to the NFL and should help him to play better his rookie season. I don't think that should be ignored or underestimated.

In addition, Pitts will probably already be gone by Seattle's pick. Etienne could be too, but he has a better chance of being there at Seattle's pick. If he is, unless Jaylon Waddle drops, or one of Freiermuth or Terrace Marshall, Jr. is there, I'd take him. With Mims and Crowder, Lawrence, Etienne, and either Pat Freiermuth or Brevin Howard at the top of the 2nd round, the Jets have a dynamic offense even if they didn't sign one of Allen Robinson, Chris Godwin, or Kenny Golladay in FA.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You are the boss NC. You know football better than me. No argument there. :)

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Definitely Pitts, there aren’t too many I’d take ahead of Pitts with that Seattle 1st at this point. Pitts is a better talent imo and the drop off to the next TE is far greater than the drop off from Ettiene to the next RB that we may be able to take with our 2nd.

I’d probably prefer to wait for RB til the 3rd but the 2nd could be a great spot if a RB we like doesn’t go 1st rd.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

No, I really like Etienne. I just don't think the drop off from Etienne to Harris/Williams/Gainwell is as steep as Pitts to Freiermuth/any other TE prospect.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be upset at all if they take Etienne over Pitts. We have the same thought IMO, in that we just want them to surround Lawrence/Fields/Darnold/whoever with legit talent on offense. I just prefer/value Pitts over Etienne, due in large part to how replaceable the RB is in the NFL nowadays.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I dont really know. Probably Pitts if I had to, but I have both positions behind WR and OL in the first two rounds. Assuming they get a second for Darnold, I'd be OK with TE or RB in that scenario, although I think it'd be defense.

17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

i may be in the minority but if Creed Humphery is still on the board when the Jets are on the clock with Seattle’s pick he has to be the choice regardless of the remaining playmakers. He probably won’t be but if JD is as smart as he’s supposed to be that’s who he takes. Another great piece for the OL at center. Slide McGovern over to Guard for now. Pick the best remaining WR at the top of round 2. That would be a haul right there and day 2 isn’t even complete.

Red Menace and IDFjet like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I wouldn't be unhappy with that, but I'd rather see one of the following:

1a. Lawrence
    1b. Pitts
    2. Etienne

or

1a. Lawrence
    1b. Pitts
    2. Terrace Marshall, Jr.

or

1a. Lawrence
    1b. Etienne
    2. Freiermuth

or

1a. Lawrence
    1b. Freiermuth
    2. Najee Harris

19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It’s possible to get both. Pitts might not be there with Seattle’s pick he’s a top 20 pick IMO. Would be pretty cool to get Lawrence, Pitts and Etienne with our first 3 picks and add Juju in free agency.

20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

While most of these scenarios look enticing I’m 99% sure JD will be selecting OL with one of those picks ( either Seattle’s or the second rounder ). Being a former OL he is not going to make the same mistake Mac made in regards to setting up a young QB (hopefully TL) for failure. JD is building from the trenches out. Protection comes first .....however the Jets should also be in good position to get At least two top skill players. There are a few nice looking RBs that should be available at the top of the third round.

Even looking way ahead at the ‘22 draft. I would expect another OL to be taken within the first two rounds....one solid piece at a time. I’m tired of these low round projects which never turn into anything more than a marginal back-up.

TL ( assuming its him ) needs to be kept on his feet while the playmakers are assembled.

Red Menace and Brook! like this.