Mekhi Becton and Mann: Currently leading in AFC Pro-Bowl votes.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

NFL fans are just trolling us and making fun of us by voting for our punter (only because we punt more than any other team).

But Becton's votes are real deal. NFL fans have never seen him perform at a level that's anything other than absolute dominant; fans of the 49ers and Chargers will all vote for him after witnessing Becton shut down both the Bosa brothers.

I've said it once before but he's the most dominant Jet I've watched since #24 Darrelle Revis.

He's an exciting player as a Franchise LT (already) and Football fans around the league want to see this ROOKIE perform during the NFL's All-Star game and I'm absolutely loving it.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

So now you've going to repetitively post about Becton, because Adam's is sucking it up in Seattle?

Red Menace and Noam like this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. I will always support my favorite players who are fun for me to watch (it's just the natural homer in me).

Jamal Adams netted us a Khalil Mack type of haul with two first round picks (2021/2022) and a 3rd (2021) and I'm thankful for him as a Jet too; because I'm now already looking forward to building around Trevor Lawrence with players (with our Jamal picks) such as Kyle Pitts, Devonta Smith, Rondale Moore and Travis Etienne with our Jamal pick of the 1st round.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/thr...mal-pick-the-seahawks-tankathon-thread.94641/

I was a Jerry Jeudy/CeeDee Lamb fan during the offseason but Mekhi Becton has taken me by storm throughout the regular season, haven't seen a Jet as dominant since #24 Darrelle Revis and because of Mekhi Becton I'm currently dreaming of Trevor Lawrence having his blindside protected by our Franchise LT for many of years to come.

Does JD messing up on Robby Anderson (who I absolutely loved and supported) mean that I'm not allowed to get excited over an A+ prospect and talent in Denzel Mims who I celebrated for on draft night?

Listen to yourself and then please, grow up.

PS: I enjoy rooting for and supporting my favorite Jets who become fun and exciting players for me to watch; and I'm oh so sorry if you don't... To each our own.

#3 DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Ray Lucas and azhar80 like this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

New York is the biggest NFL market. No surprise there. Tons of Jets and Giants fans are voting currently. Mekhi is #1 not because he is the best but because he represents the biggest NFL market in the league.

5. Brook!

He is quiet about Adams lately. Probably because Adams is a product of Greg Williams and he is being exposed in Seattle currently.

azhar80 likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

If that were the case Brook, we'd be sending multiple players to the pro bowl each and every year.

However that's not the case because dating back to 2016 we've only sent 2 (non special teams players) to the pro bowl; Leo and Jamal Adams.

Becton could only become our 3rd over the last 5 years.

So I'm sorry but that's the absolute wrong answer.

7. Brook!

Okay DWC. You believe what you want to believe.

I am not like you. When I am presented a counter argument, I make peace with it, respect the counter argument and move on. :)

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Actually it's the other way around, Brook.

Gregg Williams is becoming exposed without Jamal Adams (as a JET).

5th in yards per rush against.
    11th in run defense (yards allowed).
    20th in passing TDs allowed.
    23rd in rushing TDs allowed.
    23rd in 3rd down defense.
    24th in defensive INTs.
    27th in defensive sacks.
    28th in total defense.
    29th in average yards per pass attempt against.
    29th in pass completions allowed.
    29th in 1st downs allowed.
    29th in sack yardage.
    29th in QB Rating against.
    30th in QB pressures.
    30th in defensive penalties committed.
    30th in passing defense.
    31st in points allowed.
    32nd in defensive penalty yardage.
    32nd in pass completion percentage against.

And contrary to popular belief Seattle's defense is better than ours throughout a lot of these categories (multiple) so please do me a favor moving forward Brook, never slight Jamal Adams as a way to talk up Gregg Williams ever again because look in your own mirror (our 2020 Jets Defense is an absolute laughing stock).

And the real reason why I've been quiet about Jamal Adams lately is because of A.) He's no longer a Jet? B.) He's now in Seattle? And C.) I'm excited over the Khalil Mack haul we received consisting of two 1st round picks and a 3rd due to his All-Rookie selection, 2 Pro Bowls and 2 All-Pros throughout a 3 year Jet career and am super excited for these next two upcoming drafts because (unlike yourself) I'm a big time NCAA Football Fan and love scout players on Saturdays from my living room as future potential Jets (see for yourself).

https://forums.theganggreen.com/thr...mal-pick-the-seahawks-tankathon-thread.94641/

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  9. Brook!

Okay. I believe you.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

If anything they could both ne missing one another and are both becoming exposed without each other as a match made in heaven? lol

But yes in regards to the Pro Bowl voting NY being a big media market isn't why Becton is being voted in man he's been absolutely dominant on the field (games missed or not) and we can count on our hands how many Jets have been voted into the league over the past 20 years @ non special team positions... One thing about Jet fans we don't praise players who don't deserve praise (we do the complete opposite and crap all over them).

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ok lock this crap thread up mods I just wanted to celebrate Becton being recognized but somehow someway this thread was derailed into another "Jamal Adams thread" by you guys and I bit the bait. Good job. Lock it up.

I'm done. You guys win here. Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow TGG.

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

While there’s truth in your statement Mekhi has been lights out when healthy and fans have taken notice. The #1 LT? Probably not yet but if he continues on this path he will be soon......

Jets81, Brook! and CotcheryFan like this.
  13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Lawrence is loving the possibility of Becton in his blind side for the next decade

14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Not bad, 2 rookie pro bowlers in his first draft, let's hope JD keeps drafting well, we have a lot of Draft capital in the next 2 years.

15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Joey Bosa played one series vs. Becton & decided to take his game to the other side of the line. Says a lot about Becton's dominating play. Joey must have gotten the word from his brother that trying to go against Becton is a waist of time.

16. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Not to mention Mims who is really looking good. They should have a stat for how many penalties a WR draws....This looks like it's going to be a big part of his game that won't show up on the status sheets. Last week he drew 2 long PI not to mention a 3rd that should have been called near the end of the game.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Since a kid I've loved researching statistics and the idea of how many penalities an offensive player can draw is something that I've never once even thought about; you my friend are a stat thinking genius.

Ray Lucas and BudJet like this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When Jamal went to Seattle I remember a sports writer saying Jamal will get bored with the Seattle defense where players stay in their lane 90% of the time, compared to Gregg's defense that has players like Jamal moving all over the defense. A different assignment every snap.

On Becton, Giants made Andrew Thomas the first tackle taken and Thomas has already been benched for his piss poor play. Becton? He's gone up against some of the top pass rushers and shut them all down. Thomas will get better, or course, but so will Becton, who was the third tackle taken. I wonder how excited JD was when Becton fell into our laps! I know I was. When Cleveland selected Wills I couldn't believe it.

19. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

No shit.

apjbfc, ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yup.

And I think Mims would have been a pro bowler if he had a good QB and was healthy. You can see how good he is going to be just in the last couple games. And that's with Flacco throwing to him