States who deserve an NFL Franchise?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There's also too many competition issues with it. Can you imagine the Rams having to fly to London or vice versa? 9 hour time difference? West Coast teams struggle in 1PM East Coast games and East Coast teams are generally out of whack on the West Coast. I can't imagine throwing another 6 hours into it. The London team would be 8-8 every year.

The league would just need to look at the splits between the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors in home and away games. They played with Boise State within a score and are a far inferior opponent. But they played at home. And they can't win on the mainland.

stinkyB and Br4d like this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

NY deserves a football team, NJ has two

Noam and stinkyB like this.
  3. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

Not necessarily a state but I think Toronto could work. They already have the Leafs, the Blue Jays, and the Raptors, so adding another american major league sports team seams like it could make sense. I know the cfl has the Argonauts and I'm not sure if the politics get mutled up there or just how loyal the fans are, but if those get sifted out there could be potential.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

No thnx. Canada already has the Buffalo Bills, ay lololo

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  5. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

Hahahaha! Touche, Buffalo is a different breed hahaha!

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. They are.

This reminds me (the words different breeds) when I was younger I had an older Cousin who caught a bad trafficking in Marijuana charge during the mid 90's. He told me that while @ Rikers waiting for trial the CO's were street guys from mostly Queens/Brooklyn/Bronx etc. However when he went to Prison up state? He told me holy crap little cousin as soon as I got off the bus I knew I was somewhere I never been to before and was in deep shit he told me their CO's were Country Rednecks 6'8-6'10 250-300+ lbs ANIMAL'S and more evil than all Riker Island CO's combined. He told me word for word those upstate COs were different breeds and people he'd never seen or been around before.

Long story short. They scared him straight and he's never been in trouble again and he's told me so many stories of up state prison to the point I'm scared to even get a TRAFFIC TICKET as a grown man lol

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

True. I live in Tennessee, and I can get to a Cincinnati, Atlanta, or Charlotte home game just as easily as I can get to a Titans home game. The Oilers should have been moved to Memphis, instead of Nashville--I don't think they're drawing much of anybody from outside of Nashville's immediate suburbs, even when they're good.

8. TwoHeadedMonster

I was in Virginia from 1983-2001. For a good chunk of that time, the Redskins were pretty good. Still, the only Redskins' fan I've ever met, to this day, was another soldier I met in California when I was in the Army. He was from Wyoming. Virginia has lots of Ravens fans and lots of Panthers fans, depending on how far north or south you go in the state. If there are Redskins fans outside of the D.C. suburbs, I don't know where they are.

I think the Norfolk/Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach/Newport News (#37 on your list, above Jacksonville and Buffalo, which have teams) would be a very viable spot for another team. It would pull from North Carolina as well, since the Panthers are all the way at the other end of the state.

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i stand corrected, thank you for the info.

10. TwoHeadedMonster

My evidence is anecdotal, of course, but it is honest. I knew Lions, Colts, Bengals, Oilers, Raiders, and Bears fans when I was there--not a single Redskins fan.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd move the Chargers and stick them right in the heart of the south; Tuscaloosa, Alabama; where that city continues to sellout Bryant-Denny Stadium with a max capacity of 101,821 fans in the stands on Saturdays.

A college town would then become rabid NFL fans as crazed Football junkies and Tuscaloosa is less than an hour drive away from Birmingham and less than a two hour drive from Montgomery.

I believe in my heart Alabama fans deserve an NFL Franchise and it'll become an NFL CONCERT every Sunday.

5. Alabama
    2018: 101,562
    2017: 101,722
    2016: 101,821
    2015: 101,112
    2014: 101,534
    5 Year Average: 101,550.20
    Stadium Capacity: 99.73%
    2018 Attendance Ranking: 3

Plz NFL give these crazy fkers an NFL team to support because they'll become rabid crazed!

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that is far beyond my evidence, i only said it was redskins area because of the proximity.