TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Watson is having a better season than he did last year so far...

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Houston sportswriters disagree. Check out Solomon, Smith, McClain over at The Chronicle.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah i was thinking if it were a team that just drafted a qb or has an established qb. like houston who miami has their pick or cinci. were the next few teams to pick after the jets. its literally insane how many 2 win teams there are.

i wouldnt have a problem with swapping picks with 2 bringing in whatever you can get for that swap and then take fields at 2. i just dont feel like trevor lawrence is that much better than fields. i think they should both be great qbs and the last generational qb didnt really end up being all that spectacular or play that long in andrew luck. i sure would hate to be wrong though.... again... marino, obrien.

JetsKickAss and barfolomew like this.
  4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Good local info. Thanks for the insights. Are you from houston?

JetsKickAss likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that Fields will go #2. There would be no trading down and taking Fields. Someone would trade ahead of the Jets and take him.

I wouldn't trade picks with #2, either. IMO that's getting greedy, and is likely to bite the Jets in the ass. Douglas should have a clear idea of which QB is better and a better fit for the Jets' new system by the draft. He needs to take that QB and not settle for second best, just to add another draft pick. It would be so totally Jets to trade down to #2, Lawrence would go #1 and go on to a HOF career, and Fields would wind up being a bust or just "meh" in the NFL.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, or they wouldn't trade down, Lawrence will be Tebow2 and Fields will be the greatest of all times. Jets.

7. JetsKickAss

NYC and suburbs.....:D....but I scour the web for the best info I can get. Locals are usually a good source.

#727 JetsKickAss, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    barfolomew likes this.
  8. JetsKickAss

I am now seeing articles -- including by several Dallas sportswrites -- that as long as you can "tank" to the #2 spot, it's worth it.

There are a bunch of 2 and 3 win teams that.....if they are still at 2 or 3 wins in a few weeks.....will REALLY be giving strong consideration to a tank to get a QB for 5 years at $6 MM/yr.

You think Jerry and Stephen Jones haven't looked at both Trevor and Fields and wondered about getting the same type of performance from someone at a cheaper rate than Dak....or maybe getting 90-95% of the performance at 25% of the cost ?

If the Jets and Jax are 1-2 in a few weeks and nobody is near them or can catch them even if both teams win 1 or 2 games the 2nd half of December....no worries.

But we gotta keep losing....and I'm telling you....watch those 2 and 3 win teams. Esp. the NFC East teams who KNOW they can't even get that 3rd WC playoff slot. Washington, Dallas -- hell....maybe even Philly !!! -- are DROOLING over both those guys. And who knows....maybe another QB (Jones, etc.) slides into the Top 10 and maybe even #3 !!

9. JetsKickAss

The only teams with a shot at finishing 1-2 who would consider trading down -- and probably only from the #2 spot -- are the Chargers and other teams with a QB that is young, on a rookie deal, looking up.

If the Texans somehow ended up #1, Miami would have a monstrous decision to make on Tua. At #2, they trade the pick or take their non-QB choice. I still think the Texans can win 4-5 games but maybe not -- the organization is in turmoil, the HC is in over his head, nobody is in charge in the FO, the owner totally screwed things up in giving 100% control to the now ex-coach, and Watson has regressed.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The thing that hurts the NFC East teams is they play each other. Someone has to win so it doesn't allow them to tank like the Jets playing the Bills, Dolphins and Patriots or the Jaguars playing the Titans, Colts and Texans. They each get to play the Bengals too, while the Jets play a really tough NFC West and the Jaguars play a pretty tough NFC North, although the Bears don't look great lately.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  11. JetsKickAss

Good points, DK.....and you NEVER know, of course.....I still can't figure out how Jax beat Indy in Week 1 !! :D

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

There's a glass? Better than I thought then. (I think I've gone a little dark side this year).

13. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Week 11 going well so far.

Titans, houston wins help with the jags SOS

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

14. JetsKickAss

Texans get 3rd win.....Miami has that draft pick, the more it is closer to or above 10th, the better for us. Don't want Miami getting to pick 3rd or 4th coming off a playoff year.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. JetsKickAss

Jacksonville lost again....I think they are going 1-15 so if we want TL, we're gonna have to join the Browns and Lions and Bucs (014).

16. JetsKickAss

If the Jets win 2 games, there's a decent shot we fall to 3rd in the draft, IMO. Depends on if the other 2-loss teams (plus Jax) stay at 2 or less.

17. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Honestly 2 wins and we'll still pick 1 or two. Cinicy have that draw which helps.

Jags have browns, chicago as home games left. Wouldnt be supprised to see them pick up 1. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

JetsKickAss likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Too much clarity after this week. With only 6 weeks left to play, Jets are 3 games behind every team except Jaguars.

At this point, I say we are almost guaranteed to pick either 1 or 2.

This really was a good week for Tank crowd!

Cromartie's_kid and Noam like this.
  19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We need more separation from Jags, if we win 1 game and tie, they would surpass us right?

REVISion and stinkyB like this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

They would. We are still ahead of them on SoS rankings so we win 1 game and we will drop to #2 in draft order. There is like 5% chance for Jags to go ahead of us in SoS.