Harbaugh = Instant Credibility

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 5, 2020.

?

Would you want Harbaugh?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The problem is we need everything to go well for us to win in the East, the Bills have a good coach and a franchise QB that they have done a great job building around. The dolphins who we seem to follow with our rebuild plan have mostly hit homeruns with this draft and they have a draft this yr that has even better picks than we have plus a possible playoffs this yr. Then you have Belly as the weakest of the teams. This might be the best division in football for the next 5 yrs

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Michigan's down 17-7 to Rutgers at halftime, and #FireHarbaugh is trending on Twitter. So maybe it won't be that hard to get him after all...

3. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

If the Jets end up with the third pick, you get Harbaugh to revive Darnold and take that other enormous O lineman. Then add a receiver and another OT/center.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd get Chase at 3, then go IOL/TE with the Seattle pick.

KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Hardbaugh would turn this thing around with or without Lawerence...But we get him and Lawrence....We go from complete jokes to the Top of the AFC East.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Harbaugh's Wolverines currently trailing Rutgers in double OT 42-35.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO Harbaugh and his prickly personality is hardly the right guy to try to revive Darnold. If Sam can be revived (and that's a big IF imo), I think it will take a HC who is very patient, positive, and supportive, and that's not who Harbaugh projects that he is.

JetsKickAss and jetstopgun like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that. I think Darnold needs some "tough love". What I mean by that is a coach that works closely with him, but who doesn't hesitate to climb up his ass when he makes repeated mistakes - which has been his M.O. In my experience coaching young people, positive reinforcement often gets the best results, but there is also a place for some ass kicking when needed. It doesn't have to be the frothing, bug-eyed, screaming variety, it can be quiet and low key, but nonetheless an ass chewing. What Darnold has gotten from what I can see is pretty much the hands-off treatment, especially from Gase. When McCown was still on the team Sam had some actual support and that's when he did his best IMO. The Jets should've kept Uncle Josh on as a QB Coach, but of course that would've undermined the "legend" of Gase the "QB Whisperer".

I really don't know enough about Harbaugh to say, but I wouldn't rule out him being just what Darnold needs.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

What Sam needs is healthy weapons and an Oline that gives him time to scan the field and let it fly....w/o that, nothing else really matters. Oh, and a run game. A run game would be nice.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, he needs all of that, but he also needs a coach that knows how to use them.

11. NCJetsfan

I could be wrong about Harbaugh, but he just doesn't seem to be the supportive, positive type. I agree that Sam may need the tough love, and that it doesn't have to be the frothing, bug-eyed, screaming variety, but I just can't see Harbaugh kicking someone's ass in a positive way.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I followed Harbaugh SUPER CLOSELY on a weekly/daily basis for 4+ years when he was at SanFran.

He is a control freak and wants to be unaccountable to others. I'm not saying HE was the instigator alongside Jed York and Trent Balke and that salary cap guy (forgethisname)....but Harbaugh was a prickly thorn, too.

I do believe he would PROBABLY be on his best behavior because if he flops in NY he probably will NOT get another shot (except with Miami and UofM alumnis Steve Ross). If he comes to NY Jets and gives 100% to Darnold or Lawrence, then it can work. If he is insistent on undermining Douglas like Gase undermined MM, then we have a problem.

I could see Harbaugh pushing for Scott McCloughan as his handpicked GM, who he had at SanFran for a while.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Enough already. He also needs to learn how to read defenses and quick release the ball. He is missing wide open receivers and can not extend plays. He is absolutely shell shocked and has lost his confidence. He needs to deliver for a change and leverage his strengths.

Brook! and Footballgod214 like this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

well after today (loss to the bolts) we'll probably never know. At least not on the Jets. Looks like its gonna be the Trevor show now!

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You don't think the Jags have a better shot? Hope you are right.

16. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm torn so I didn't vote.

I thought he was great in SF and for a time I dreamed of him coming here but now in 2020 soon to be 2021 I feel he's been away from the pro game for too long.

Not that I would mind him coming here I just wouldn't know what to expect.

17. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

After barely sneaking by Rutgers in triple OT last week, Jim Harbaugh's Wolverines are currently trailing 0-5 Penn State 27-17 in the 4th quarter...AT THE BIG HOUSE.

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

No freaking way I want Harbaugh as our next HC.

19. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It would be typical Jets to hire him. Christopher Johnson will probably point to a Super Bowl that will be nine years behind us by then to say "Hey, this guy's a great coach" while ignoring everything that has happened since. Just like how Gase is "coaching to where football is going".

NCJetsfan likes this.