TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Trubisky looks like Mike Glennon.

NOBODY is talking up Trubisky. The fears about him pre-draft are now his resume.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Still anonymous teams? Why don't you name the teams that you think are getting in this bidding war if it's so clear?

And you still haven't explained why you think the Jets have to trade him at all, even if they draft a QB with the first pick.

You don't really think that because Darnold was drafted third a few years ago that means anything compared to his NFL performance, do you?

#702 Ralebird, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

jets fans should be smart enough to know that anything we openly want will find a way not to happen. please stop embracing the tank and rooting for it. all the bad jets fan juju will fucking ruin it.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This is a pretty even battle
    Jets typical luck v Gase ineptitude. Unstoppable force immovable object

5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Parcels did, in my opinion in hindsight should have stayed pat... so not fan of trading!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Well Joey Bosa is playing!

We are getting a pretty much fully healthy Chargers team, we will be on the road and are missing several pieces on defense.

We should lose this game, but if we win, it really will be because the young guys are super promising.

NCJetsfan, The Dark Knight and Jets79 like this.
  7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yes...we could’ve had Orlando Pace....instead we got Farrior who was barely average for us...though he did go on to play better for the Steelers

I just think in football, go with the superstar talent at a key position over quantity any day

if we get the first pick...we HAVE to take TL. The second pick I guess we’d be looking at Fields and honestly I haven’t seen him play so can’t say if he’s legit or not....there aren’t too many Ohio State QBs in the league so I don’t know if that makes any difference....

Sack exchange likes this.
  8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

yeah, not quite sure how I feel about this

I guess if the talent is QB I agree

but one stud non QB player like Herschel Is not quite equal to 5 good starters...

but a true stud like Manning might be better than 6-7 good starters. Really hard to say and anyone who has a definitive answer is full of shit.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you need both, and if the jets can hit on these draft picks they can have their cake and eat it too. i also think if fields will be available at a #3 or #4 i would think really hard about trading down and taking him while continuing to stockpile picks. that could bring a number of extra picks in the next couple drafts and i really think and hope fields is going to be a top tier nfl qb.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Less than a year ago TGG was raging about Lamar as an unstoppable force we shoulda drafted. But now he's just another QB who's fallen back to Earth.

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Are you really digging at people who were slightly sick at not picking up a guy with the 32nd pick whilst we ourselves traded the farm to get Sam?

A guy who did this

NFL records
    • Most rushing yards in a season by a quarterback (1,206) (2019)
    • Most rushing attempts by a quarterback in a season: 159 (2019)
    • Most perfect passer ratings in a season (tied with Ben Roethlisberger): 2 (2019)

TDINT: 56–14
    Passing yards: 6,090
    Passing Attempts: 818
    Passes Completed: 522
    Completion percentage: 63.8
    Passer rating: 102.0
    Rushing yards: 2,425
    Rushing touchdowns: 15

I know I have gone a bit DWC but fuck how could you not.

Pick any part of that and tell me Sam beats it, just one part, off you go?

This season he is still probably pissing all over Sam.

Give us back our 2nd picks, Mac you are an utter buffoon.

I think there was only one person who liked him before the draft but when you see what he delivered how the fuck are you not a little gutted, whilst we still flounder for a QB.

Even Luton hasn't looked as out of place as Sam as at times so far, let that sink in

REVISion, Brook! and alleycat9 like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

A glass half full post. Nice! Rare to see on TGG. :)

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am really scared about this game. We are playing a 2 win team that is really really good at losing games they should win. It is our best chance at a win and a game we should win quite easily. We really need a true Gase like performance to lose this game. We essentially have to be perfect to get the number one pick the last 7 weeks. This game is our super bowl and the game we need our worst performance (other than the Denver and NE games). I don't know how many times we can pull the rabbit out of our hat and find a loss where the other team is begging us to beat them.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  14. JetsKickAss

Every major columnist has been listing their names: Denver...Pittsburgh....SanFran....Chicago....Indy...plus a few others. Indy has the line and had him #1 on their board in 2018. Bob Kravitz and the Indy Star lead columnist (forgot his name) have mentioned Sam SEVERAL times.

Only fly in the ointment is if 6 QBs go in the 1st round this year and reduces the demand from the better teams.

You think we can KEEP Sam and draft Trevor or Fields ?

All I am saying is that unlike Trubiskey, after 3 years Sam is still getting very high PR from ESPN, NFLN, SI.com, etc. I don't see ANYBODY who is going to rip a team who gives us a pair of #2s or a conditional #1. Not like someone trading for Trubiskey after this year even if he had another year on his deal.

Gase is looking like another good OC who simply can't manage an entire team as a HC.

If Hill is starting over Winston this week, maybe the Saints are players for Sam, too.

15. JetsKickAss

Parcells TOTALLY SCREWED up the 1997 draft. He was OBSESSED with getting back picks to offset the stuff we sent New England as compensation. He ended up trading down twice and we ended up with NOTHING important and NOTHING at all in 5 years.

Pace was an All-Pro for a decade.

Parcells also wasn't sure we could "afford" Pace with the new salary cap. And the NY press gave him a free ride because he was the Jets Savior and they loved him (NYP and NYDN both never questioned the draft trades).

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. JetsKickAss

Fields is going #2 at worst.....draft stuff I read says he would be the #1 QB in virtually ANY YEAR except one where a generational talent like Trevor L. is going #1.

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. JetsKickAss

I wasn't. Most of these "hot QB's" that play well above their expectations come back to Earth. Even Deshaun Watson looks alot worse without Hopkins.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

This made me laugh lol

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't think there's a bidding war for Sam at all, bro. Especially when we'll have the #1 pick and will obviously be trading him. We'll get a second or a third. Maybe a conditional 5th/6th in there too.

He's been a bottom 5 QB in the NFL all three years in the league. And whether they were bizarre circumstances or not, he's now missed games in all three seasons.

Teams don't look at the situation and say well he has more value because he's sucked but so has everyone around him. They call day and say he sucks but we'll take a flyer on him because QB's are a premium position so how about a second? You have to trade him away...

REVISion likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No, I don't see a bidding war developing over Sam Darnold and I'd be surprised to see anyone with a decent reputation suggesting such a thing - that's why I asked. Darnold has shown nothing in three years to indicate that kind of interest would be warranted. Simply because a team has a vacancy is no reason they'd be in the market for a guy who hasn't lived up to his billing.

But yes, I absolutely believe the Jets could, and probably should keep Darnold for a year or two to see if he changes with the proper coaching to increase his value or be a viable backup. I'd give him a two year contract after this season for about the same as what the one year option would cost. I would not expect his value to lessen in the first year and it may increase if things go right when you have a better idea of what the guy you draft can do in the NFL.

I don't care about Trubisky and don't see the comparison. PR is talk, talk is cheap and comes from people who are not making the investment.

I don't care what Gase looks like as long as I only see his taillights as he leaves town.

JetsKickAss and REVISion like this.