TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

It feels a bit premature to say Douglas is planning on stacking up on defense in the draft. I think we'll get a better idea after Free Agency.

If the Jets sign Thuney and Allen Robinson, I wouldnt be shocked at all if they took a CB or Pass Rusher with Seattle's pick. Same goes for the reverse, if they spend the FA money on defense, I expect the offense to be addressed early.

KY Jets Fan, Jets79 and Noam like this.
  2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

They have to trade him if they draft a QB #1 or #2 and the multiple bidders are becoming clearer.

Teams that are convinced Gase blows and Darnold is OK/Good will realize unless THEY tank in the next 2-3 years they'll never get a shot at a QB like Darnold (#3 overall).

3. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Atl trades 2 1st round picks for Julio Jones and despite what you think of ATL now, they were 1 stupid coaching decision away from winning it all. Then Buffalo trades for Diggs. AZ trades for Hopkins for Murray. Thats what teams do to help their young QB be successful, not draft defense.
    If they signed Thuney and Robinson, then yes consider using some early draft capital on defense. But I am still all in on using a plethora of those early picks on offense even if they sign these guys in FA. We need a game breaking RB, a C, another young WR (Crowder has 1 year left on his deal, so we really only have Mims as a long term answer on this roster) a TE BADLY, another guard, in addition to Lawrence going 1.

4. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I would do the same as you, I would love to see them legitimately attack the offense. If the Jets signed Thuney/Robinson, I'd probably draft a C with Seattle's pick and some skill position player with 33. Having said that, we're fans that have been burned by ugly offenses forever. I hope Douglas acts like we'd prefer, but I don't think he will.

5. JetsKickAss

Trevor looked ready for the NFL after his freshman year. That's why we are drafting him if we have a shot.

REVISion and 88toon like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well after an undefeated weekend it will be good to get back to business, Jags trying their hardest to make it look like they are not tanking, I wish they would hurry up and win another game, bloody teases.

#686 K'OB, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Last year the Jets started (1-7) and were able to finish (6-2). They had a weak schedule and the Bills laid down for them Week 17, but it is still a little worrying. I watched all 7 of the Jets final opponents yesterday and one thing is clear: They are all better than the Jets.

Even this week's opponent, the (2-7) Chargers. If this game was in New York, the Jets would have a pretty good chance to win. Flying to LA will make it tough. Miami looks pretty good. Unfortunate to say, but they are way better than the Jets right now. Thanks a lot, Gase!

The Jets beat the Raiders last year, but they look really good. Defense is strong, running game is tough to stop. The Seahawks and Rams will obviously be really tough. Cleveland isn't great, but I don't think the Jets will be able to stop their running game.

And finally, the Patriots. Could be a meaningless game Week 17 for both. If so, the Jets need to start Morgan, the entire practice squad, and maybe me at Cornerback.

8. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

LOL absolutely. The NE game week 17 scares me the most. If they are out of it, we will be seeing Bryan Hoyer or Bryan Cranston or any other Bryan at QB - whatever stiff Beli rolls out. All kidding aside, we see all these other teams over the past years starting rookie QBs and catching some lightning in a bottle. And we hear "Morgan isn't ready yet." Are you kidding? 0-9 non competitive laughing stock and we are worrying about Morgan not being ready as if we are clinging to a final wild card spot. I don't need to see any more Flacco.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

That's why I am rooting for Pats to still be in play off contention come week 17. Jets will make sure to play their best players to get a W. Draft position be damned.

JetsKickAss and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. K'OB

It will be Gase's final laugh at us before he gets the mallet.

The Dark Knight and Brook! like this.
  11. JetsKickAss

12. K'OB

The best thing about it is the so called shit trade with the Seahawks is getting better by the week :)

KY Jets Fan and JetsKickAss like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Us beating the Patriots in the last game of the season would be the worst possible thing that could happen to us aside from Gase being back as HC and the Jets deciding to stick with Sam at QB.

REVISion likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

KY Jets Fan, JetsKickAss and mrjet80 like this.
  15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I prefer the other guarantee.

16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Exactly ......

17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That draft would be too perfect to come true....

KY Jets Fan, 88toon and JetsKickAss like this.
  18. JetsKickAss

Lot of teams who thought their QB position was secure last year or this year may be looking for QB's in a year or two.

19. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Or they make a play for Trubisky who's probably got around the same stat line.

20. JetsKickAss

By then, Brook, we should know if we are drafting #1 or #2 no matter what. Hopefully, Jax lucked out to another win by then.