Harbaugh = Instant Credibility

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 5, 2020.

?

Would you want Harbaugh?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’m down. Set up the gofundme site. TypeOnegative is good friends with George Soros, he’ll get him to pony up.

stinkyB and Brook! like this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think emphasizing the tough is the right way to go. Your players for the most part need to feel like they are always being tested and narrowly passing the test. For the great players the tests are easy and for those guys you need to make them feel like the world is within inches of their grasp as long as they keep working hard.

Brook! and Footballgod214 like this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Enjoyed reading this.

So yesterday PFF morning show said teams hiring their kids is what's ruining football and keeping minorities from filling the lower ranks, which in turn leads to fewer minority GMs and HCs. Chris Simms agreed. Knuckle Heads!

Br4d likes this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's important to remember that the 'kids' of the 50's and 60's were different than the 'kids' today. Those boomer kids weren't extremely wealthy because the NFL (the old NFL) wasn't a huge wealth-generating juggernaut like it is today. That makes a genuine difference in the circumstances in which they rose to prominence.

It's a poorly kept secret that wealth ruins many kids lives. The wealth prevents them from seeing the full range of outcomes in their lives and elsewhere. This in turn makes them both less driven to succeed (because they were born on 3rd base) and more likely to take big risks (because there is a double-reinforced safety-net below them.)

I'm not saying that rich kids are less able to perform than their middle-class counterparts, just that there is less incentive to perform extremely well and less of a guarantee that performance achieved will be performance sustained.

The Pratt-Whitney Trusts (the Rockefeller partner trusts) were often set up to begin paying out to their beneficiaries only when the person reached the age of 25 or for women when they married and had children. This was both to prevent youthful follies and indiscretions and to empower the trust class to continue to do as well as their parents and grandparents had.

5. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Harbaugh might actually come on the cheap given the way Michigan has looked this year. Currently down 28-3 in the 3rd, and in danger of falling to 1-3 after being ranked 13th in the nation. Same record as Rutgers. Dude might get straight up fired.

[​IMG]

Completely unrelated note: O-H!

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think Harbaugh's time in Michigan is done. Question is, will he want to jump back into NFL or just wait a year or two to rest? If he wants to come back to NFL Jets will offer him the best prospects due to draft position, cap space etc.

94Abraham and Br4d like this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

His team did REALLY good yesterday!!!

94Abraham likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Team looked disinterested for sure. I also think Harbaugh's run at MI is over. Again, does he jump back into the pros OR takes some time off.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

For his sake, a year off might be good. For Jets' sake, I hope he doesn't.

stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I say no Harbaugh.
    I don’t think his schtick will last in NY. nor will he.
    I am not looking for a coach who gives a competitive couple of years and leaves.

The Jets need to find the guy that will be successful and our coach for a decade or more, that ain’t Harbaugh.

Plus on the asshole scale, I don’t know who weighs more Gase or Harbaugh but it is definitely close.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Would not be a fan of this move - too much drama

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Hardbaughs that guy that would instantly turn us around then you add Trevor Lawrence and your talking about a completely diffrent franchise.I dont see it happening but you never know now that Woody Johnson will be returning after Trump and his fanatics finally give up there pretend cheating claims.It will be good to never see Christopher Johnson again...

Fiftynine and Cman68 like this.
  13. Cman68

Truer words were never posted..

14. Cman68

The Jets have never had a 10 year HC in their history. I'm good with a competitive team on the right path with a good foundation. If Harbaugh walks after 2 years, fine as long as the Jets are light years from where they are today.

15. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Quote from Harbaugh after the game

“We were thoroughly beaten in every phase, really did not do anything well,” Harbaugh said. “Did not play good, did not coach good. Not in a good place with the execution, not in a good place with adjusting. … Not a good place as a football team right now, and that falls on me. We’ve got to evaluate all things, everything that we’re doing.”

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_...mbarrassing_loss_to_wisconsin/s1_127_33322970

Can't wait for them to play Ohio State and see if Ryan Day gets his team to " hang 100 on them" after his little spate with Harbaugh during a coaches conference call..

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we all know the reason why.
    Most of the guys that you would name if asked about past or present spent long runs with a team.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you've set the bar so low.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That, right there, demonstrates the difference between Gase and Harbaugh - Gase would have just stated the first part but using the third person plural rather than the first person and left off the last part completely.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  19. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

You are absolutely correct with that. At least Harbaugh admits that the team was bad and so was the coaching. Gase would just have gone off on one of his third person ploys, where he tries to distance himself from everything happening, even though he is the Head Coach.

20. Cman68

Gotta start somewhere...Right now that bar you're talking about actually is a tunnel.

KurtTheJetsFan, Brook! and stinkyB like this.