TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You get a like just for that Tom Cruise laughing in the Scientology video gif! :D But yeah, that would be terrible.

Realistically, it is tough to see a win for either team, but I viewed it more of a possibility. I could see the Jags beating the Bears. I could see the Jets beating the Dolphins. It's unlikely, but possible. I don't see the Jags beating the Packers or Steelers. I don't see the Jets going on the road and beating the Rams or Seahawks. You never know though. That is why they play the game! Although with Gase, you kind of do know! :rolleyes:

REVISion, Snatch Catch and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

At this point, I think we’d have a better chance at beating the Pats than the Dolphins...the Patriots stink this year...we should have won that game...

I really just want to see 0-16 for two reasons...(1) I don’t see the Jags winning another game and so we need to go 0 for the season to earn the first pick, and (2) I really believe that it will take 0-16 to get Gase fired, and honestly even then I worry that the Johnsons will STILL not fire him

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I have never been this torn as a Jets fan.

1. I don't like losing. It sucks. I want my team to win. For many years I would cheer to be (4-12) than be (1-15). The 3 extra wins were nice. In reality? They just dropped the Jets in the draft order.
    2. I like Sam Darnold. I think he has all the potential in the world to be a great QB.
    3. Adam Gase needs to be fired as HC of the NYJ. He is pathetic.
    4. Trevor Lawrence looks like a potential Franchise QB who can return the Jets to a place they have not been in 52 years.

So 1 and 2 make it tough to cheer for the Jets to lose. I like to win, and I want Sam to succeed. However, 3 and 4 can only happen if the Jets continue to lose. At (0-9) there really is no point to cheer for wins from here on out. Again, that has never been my style. I want to win every week. However, that has never benefited the Jets in the past and it certainly would not now with the season already ruined.

I've never said it before in my life, but for once, I support the tank. Go Chargers! Go Dolphins! Go Raiders! Go Rams! Go Seahawks! Go Browns! Go Patriots!

Then, after January 3, 2021, I hope Jets fans never have to cheer against their team for a very long time. :)

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

But root against those teams every other week they play a non divisional opponent in case it comes down to strength of schedule.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

6. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

All of you guys must have lost your mind if you think Lawrence or Fields comes to the Jets and puts this team on their back. Two QBs coming from the best systems and surrounding players in entire college football.

We need to trade the pick, solve the OLine protection, and draft or sign literally a pair of edge rushers and Z style wide receivers.

You can always find a QB....look at Justin Herbert. I bet nobody even heard of the kid and he's playing better than Burrow this year. Burrow who outplayed Lawrence in the BCS game. remember?!?!

7. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

"You can always find a QB like Herbert".

Really? You mean the same Justin Herbert who went top 10 and drafted 6th overall, that one?

And please tell me which Z style WR's (after trading down) and 2021 edge rushers you're talking about drafting over TREVOR LAWRENCE... This way I can respectably laugh @ those players.

You mean the same Burrow who was a 5th year developed player last year compared to a 2nd year pup in TL, remember?

Trevor Lawrence was rated as the #1 HS prospect within the entire Country (like Elway/Manning), remember?

Trevor Lawrence became the 1st and only True Freshman to ever win a National Championship Game straight out of HS since dating back to the year I was born 1985 of 35 years ago, remember?

Trevor Lawrence is ranked as the #1 NCAA prospect within the entire Nation (like Elway/Manning, remember?

Trevor Lawrence will become the 1st ever QB (outside of only Elway/Manning) to rank #1 out of HS, #1 out of college and drafted #1 overall into the NFL, remember?

Clemson lost their 2nd game without Trevor Lawrence, remember?

Trevor Lawrence is 76-1 dating back to HS during his last 77 games (35-1 @ Clemson), remember?

And you're willing to pass that up all because it took a 5th year developed Burrow as the ONLY ONE who could beat this kid dating back to 77 games ago? lol I think you're the one who's lost your mind...

The last time the Jets traded away our #1 pick we missed out on a HOF LT in Orlando Pace, remember?

I'm sure we can find good Z WRs and edge rushers with our A+ available salary cap + two Seattle 1st rounders along with the most amount of draft picks (compared to every other team) under JD over the next 3 years, no? So why would JD have to trade out of the #1 pick in order to find these players you speak of?

#608 DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Fifty years of Jets history says you're wrong.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The 6th pick in the draft and you think he has just sneaked through the system as an unheralded player and found himself selected in the top 10?

#610 K'OB, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  11. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

While it doesn't take away from your larger point (Lawrence has some generational hype), this framing makes it seem like he was far and away the best HS QB recruit in the country in 2018, but he and Fields were actually neck and neck. They were ranked 1-2 in every major ranking, with ESPN actually having Lawrence 2nd (Rivals & 24/7 had him 1st). Yes, there were more people that had Lawrence as #1, but Fields had his share of "#1 HS prospect in the entire country" in 2018, too.

[​IMG]

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, we don't need to trade the pick. That would be absolutely the worst possible move that Douglas could make. Do you not understand that QB is THE most important position in the game and that the Jets have not had a great QB since Namath? A great QB elevates the play of those around him. If Douglas proves to be a dumbass and doesn't build around the QB, then yes, he will fail, but then so will the Jets. The Jets' only hope for becoming a solid, stable franchise is for Douglas to draft Lawrence or Fields, build a great offense around him, and then add the defensive pieces we need.

With regards to the bold, ROFLMAO! Dude, sorry, but you couldn't possibly be more wrong. If that is the case then why are there so many lousy QBs in the NFL and why are teams always willing to trade up to get one? You must have just started watching football one minute ago.

You bet wrong. You obviously don't follow college football or the draft. Many of us do. Herbert is NOT outplaying Burrow. SMH

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Great post NC and I agree with everything you just stated and mentioned.

However. You're wrong in one regard.

Herbert is playing better than Burrow (believe it or not).

ESPN mainstream media just doesn't want to admit/acknowledge it because Burrow is their #1 overall pick Golden Boy; but Herbert has Burrow beat within each and every Quarterbacking statistical category known to man kind (on a per game basis).

Herbert: 7 games.
    181/269 (67.3%).
    2,146 passing yards.
    8.0 yards per pass attempt.
    306 passing yards per game.
    17 TD's/5 INT's.
    3.4 TD-to-INT Ratio.
    33 rushes, 166 rush yards (5.0), 2 rush TDs.
    QB Rating: 104.7.

Burrow: 8 games.
    221/330 (67.0%).
    2,272 passing yards.
    6.9 yards per pass attempt.
    284 passing yards per game.
    11 TD's/5 INTs.
    2.2 TD-to-INT Ratio.
    35 rushes, 130 rush yards (3.7), 3 rush TDs.
    QB Rating: 91.4.

I actually love Herberts 6'6 size a whole lot more than Burrow's 6'3 frame too but yea, Justin Herbert is actually the one who's enjoying the greatest rookie season out of a QB of All-time (with Burrow a close 2nd).

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  14. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Lol if we pass on Trevor. We gonna end up with Cam Newton?!!!!

15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I love these photoshops but I feel like I'm setting myself up to have my heart broken when we win 2 meaningless games to secure the #3 pick.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Same here. For like 15 seconds I changed my avatar to a TL photo but quickly changed it back to my Jets helmet out of fear of TL being snatched away from us within a blink of an eye.

Therefore I will patiently remain optimistic however if we do land Trevor #1 overall?

I'm immediately changing my Jets Avatar to Trevor Lawrence along with OffenseWinsChampionships (OWC) as my future user name; and before our Seattle pick of the 1st round too (instantly).

I'm ready for a change and a new culture/posting style (I can almost TASTE it).

REVISion likes this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yeah. We should have a parallel conversation going on.

18. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

As far as the Jags go, it would seem our best shot is the Vikings game or if the Colts rest their starters....yikes

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . Same here.

Brook! likes this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

They could upset GB tomorrow (classic NFL/Vegas trap game).