Harbaugh = Instant Credibility

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 5, 2020.

?

Would you want Harbaugh?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! Whatever. Carry on being a nattering nabob of negativity.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Pick yourself up off the floor - all that rolling around and cackling does nothing to help the validity of your opinion, Spiro.

I look at reality straight on - you must be the only person alive who doesn't see the negativity in 7 - 17. Do your glasses have one green lens and one rose?

"The best GM we've ever had?" Really? Hah!

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Can't deny the 9'ers job he did.
    I'm a Michigan fan and I'll saym having him in NY might be a disaster or what we need.
    I think he's a hands on control guy so no way he'd work in this rapunzel hierarchy the jets have.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, let us know when you wake up from dreaming. Ain't no way Harbaugh is coming to the Jets.

5. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

If I was owner of the Jets...

Donkey: Are you Adam Gase?
    Literally Anyone: No.
    Donkey: Welcome aboard.

ukjetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaugh is an inherently unstable human being. The New York Jets are an inherently unstable organization.

Yes, he would be the most qualified and most talented HC since Parcells--however, when he inevitably loses his shit and hits the road, this franchise will be right back where it is right now.

Thus, I see zero point in hiring him. There are any number of less talented, less capable head coaching candidates who would, nevertheless, almost certainly improve the overall state of this franchise and leave it better than they found it.

Snatch Catch, NCJetsfan and jacktucky like this.
  7. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

that's definitely a fair question. I think it's hard to grade his tenure for 2 reasons: first we fired Mac and hired him after the draft — which is a very uncharacteristic thing for the NFL (if it was to get a head start on getting JD is a question), and second, it's pretty hard to grade GMs after 1 or 2 years except when you immediately know that they are not any good (Idzik for example). He's done some good: e.g. I don't think anyone expected to realistically get the haul we did for Jamal, and some bad: not extending Robby.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yes, it's hard to grade someone after a year and a half, especially when he's been given a six year contract - that's why I objected to the guy who called him the best GM the Jets have ever had when he's on a 7 - 17 run and the roster is worse than when he took over. By what could such a claim be justified?

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Harbaugh has been out of the league for at least 5 years. The Jets have had 2 bad coaches and you never mentioned him. Now its a bazillion stats
    Yeah that looks real good for a decades old record. Heck hs record is not even better than the current Stanford footbal coach. Maybe Douglas will swing for the fences and bring in someone like Harbaugh. I just think there is something about him that is turning off NFL teams from giving him a shot. Which is unfortunate because I was a fan of his when he played at Michigan.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I basically agree, but you don't know that a number of those candidates who have never been a HC before are less talented or less capable than Harbaugh.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

True enough--my point is that even if the Jets hired a guy who was less talented/less capable, they could easily still a better hire than Harbaugh. If they are legitimately better, then obviously, that would be better.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Petey

Petey Active Member

No. If the Jets go the college route, I'd rather them pursue Matt Campbell. Until Harbaugh proves he can update his offensive philosophy, I'd stay away.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So we want a guy whose never won double digit games in any year as a coach?

Harbaugh runs the spread option at Michigan...

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly

Hey.

Let's pass up on Jim Harbaugh who coached up and developed a Freshman and Sophomore Andrew Luck into the greatest QB Prospect since dating back to Elway/Manning and talk bad about him; all because of his .795% NFL winning percentage (3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance throughout 4 years with the 49ers) along with his .706% winning percentage @ Michigan (48-20)...

But yet talk up MATT CAMPBELL who owns a less than impressive record of 31-27 and a whopping winning percentage of only .534% throughout 5 years @ Iowa State... And who's never won jack squat on an NFL level?

Hypocritical, much?

15. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Yes, but we have pretty clear evidence that he _can_ run an NFL offense at a high level, and he _has_ grown a team with a young quarterback and a strong defense. We don't really need to project here.

Can he do it again? Especially in Jets-land? Who knows, but to me it's a better bet than any other case where we don't have near as much data.

Br4d likes this.
  16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaurh is overrated as hell. I don't get people's obsession with him.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Your definition of an NFL offense is the under center 11 personnel play action style offense that Iowa State runs. Yet most NFL teams run a variation of a spread offense.

Shea Patterson the last two years before he graduated and Brock Purdy aren't that different in terms of production. Slightly better out of Purdy but nothing extremely different. Purdy's also regressed this year and they lost to a Sun Belt team to start the year.

Harbaugh has had a top 25 scoring defense ever year he's been at Michigan. Iowa State's highest ranking was 26th under Campbell.

I don't discount Campbell as being a decent enough option. But there's really no comparison. Harbaugh is far and away the choice.

18. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Yup. I've said before but he's my favorite coaching candidate for us (he was also back in 2018). From what I can tell, he would bring a CEO type of energy as HC and that is what a large percentage of our fan base (from what I can see) want from the next HC.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

https://www.nj.com/jets/2020/11/mic...wrqbWe0NRJhE_z3_e4SCW-f5BOlv3NDIL3fIDg5rR40pY

If TL saw such a move done by this franchise, all the speculation about him and the Jets would vanish overnight. This is one time Chris just needs to keep his dumb ass on the sidelines and just sign the f'n check to get Harbaugh here IF he wants to save what's left of the New York Jets' viability as a competent franchise.

Hess recognized this decades ago when he fired Kotite and hired Parcells. Chris/Woody needs to do the same or just sell the f'n team and move back to Park ave.

This version of the Jets is pretty much in the same hole that version was. Do the right thing Chris and just stay out of the hiring process. If you fuck this up again, you can kiss the fanbase goodbye as we'll all just say fuck it and simply not give a shit anymore.

If there's one thing the Jets need more than TL, its credibility...

#119 Cman68, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Harbaugh or Bienemy are the right pick. Harbaugh first and foremost if he's available. The Jets and Jets fans need to stay away from wanting a trendy flavor of the month guy like Campbell or Arthur Smith and I definitely want nothing to do with Greg Roman.

Make the right choice, Chris.