Harbaugh = Instant Credibility

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 5, 2020.

?

Would you want Harbaugh?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

speaking of Stanford..... while I doubt he'd leave......

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Exactly, and 40% against top 25 teams. He is a very good College coach but far, far from the HOF category Meyers, Saban, Stoops....not even as successful as Swinney. He came in as the second coming of the great savior and was good but not great.
    No matter the rhetoric, recruiting and talent assessment is not his strength, clearly not great at spotting young talent, as evidenced by the fact that during his tenure 31 kids were drafted from Michigan, not one higher than the third round. Yeh, he was good at Stanford, where the competition was average or weak, that is all.
    There is no way no how he can demand GM duties, and his market in the NFL under the shit storm he left behind is limited. The notion that NFL teams will jump to the opportunity is highly blown out of proportion by the usual suspects.
    He is a very good coach, a menace at the top as both GM and HC. Plus he is not a fit in NY with the media pressure. Next

#62 LAJet, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Leicester Jet, stinkyB and boozer32 like this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He will be a big improvement in the short term, eventually exploding because there is no way he can handle the pressure from the NY media.

Longsuffering88 and stinkyB like this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

My answer starts with F and ends with s!

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Good thing Ohio State doesn’t play in the AFC East then, I guess.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

No matter what you say about "Michigan" it doesn't change the fact that before Michigan? And on an NFL LEVEL he's 44-19 (.695%) throughout 4 years and LED his NFL teams to 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance (and Michigan, doesn't change that fact about Jim as an NFL HC).

I don't want Jim as my "college head coach" lol I want him as my NFL head coach because he's top 5 All Time in winning percentage @ .695% (44-19) and once again 3 NFC Championships and 1 SB appearance throughout his 4 years.

And I want him (as a former NFL QB of 14 years) coaching up and developing Trevor Lawrence as he once coached up and developed a young Freshman and Sophomore Andrew Luck into the Nation's highest rated QB prospect since dating back to Elway/Manning.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. He's trying to use his "Michigan" examples as a way of completely ignoring how on an NFL level he's still to this day ranked top 5 in All-Time NFL head coaching winning percentage (.695%) due to going 44-19 throughout 4 seasons including 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance etc.

He's also refusing to acknowledge how San Francisco failed immediately following Jim's departure and only went during 4 years after Jim... 21-43 (.328%) with 0 Winning Seasons and 0 playoff games which ended up getting their LOSER GM FIRED!

He also won't admit that Michigan only went 43-34 throughout the 6 years before Jim's arrival (.558%) compared to Michigan going 48-19 during his 6 seasons @ Michigan (.716%).

He's extreme.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

And Harbaugh doesn't coach there either

9. boozer32

Spot on correct. DWC is talking in the way, way back machine of Stanford and Oliver Luck. Harbaugh has some hiccup in his life that has scared off teams for sure. We need a new coach but I don't think Harbaugh has the stature or mentality to do it in New York.. I just don't know what kind of coach Douglas has in mind for the Jets but I hope its not Harbaugh.

Leicester Jet and stinkyB like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Harbaugh versus Ohio State record is reflective of the recruiting machine that is Ohio State and certainly not a reflection on coaching. Ohio State has NFL first round picks all over their rosters after year. Michigan has NFL third and fourth round picks all over their rosters every year.

People who don't watch college football would struggle to understand this and just look at the raw record without context.

It's like asserting that Auburn usually loses to Alabama simply because of coaching...

11. boozer32

Yes, he would be an improvement over Gase. But that is having the bar extremely low. I think the Jets need someone from a winning program. Hopefully offensive minded. If its a defensive coach he better have a good guy in mind for OC. No more boneheads like Bowles had as OC.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Or maybe that's because Michigan has out recruited Ohio State twice in a decade and sometimes finished twenty spots below them. Once was in 2010 which is irrelevant to Harbaugh and the only class he's personally beat Ohio State in recruitment numbers - those kids are sophomores.

You guys understand there's no recruiting in the NFL right...

13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I don't think you get to call out anybody for being overly committed to anybody.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You do understand there is a draft, right? And I don’t want JH to be involved with it like in SF.

boozer32 likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

JetBlue likes this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly.

Many people who judge Harbaugh due to "Michigan" seem to fail to realize that Michigan has not won a National Championship since dating back to 1997, and before that? lol 1948.

But yet people want to act like Jim took over an Alabama powerhouse and have since "failed" without understanding nor realizing that he's turned their Michigan football program around into an annual top 25 program ala Michigan only went 43-34 throughout their 6 years before Jim's arrival (.558%) compared to Michigan going 48-19 during their 6 seasons after Jim's arrival @ Michigan (.716%)

But yea, NCAA media driven pundits wouldn't understand nor comprehend any of the above.

2020: Currently top 25 (23rd).
    2019: Finished top 25 (18th).
    2018: Finished top 25 (14th).
    2016: Finished top 25 (10th).
    2015: Finished top 25 (14th).

2017 was the only 1 year where he failed to deliver a top 25 Football Program.

And as an FSU fan I deeply miss the days where we were ranked top 25 every single year because we haven't finished a season ranked top 25 since dating back to 2016 and it stinks.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. Exactly (again).

After their weisel GM fired Jim Harbaugh? lol over the next 4 years San Francisco had 0 winning seasons, 0 playoff appearances and a losing record of 21-43 (.328%).

Compared to...

44-19 (.695%) including 3 NFC Championship Games, 1 SB appearance and 0 losing seasons during Jim's 4 years as San Francisco's HC.

What's more impressive about Jim's top 5 All Time winning percentage of .695% is that he took over a team who only finished 6-10 the year before his arrival.

Harbaugh pundits seem to completely ignore how he coached up and developed a younger Freshman/Sophomore Andrew Luck into the greatest QB Prospect coming out since dating back to Elway/Manning and during Luck's Sophomore season they went 12-1 together... @ STANFORD!!!

I couldn't imagine what he could do with Trevor Lawrence (Alex Smith/Gimmick Kaep etc).

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

An improvement over "Gase"? lol

Dude. He's (still to this day) ranked top 5 amongst all NFL head coaches All-Time in NFL winning percentage @ 45-19 (.695%) and led average QBs like Alex Smith and Kaep to 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance and 0 losing seasons within a 4 year run...

Wtf are you talking about?!?!? Adam Gase?!?!?

If Trevor Lawrence lives up to his Generational QB hype on an NFL level lol omg I couldn't IMAGINE what a former QB who led his Colts to an AFC Championship Game appearance as a true offensive mind as a former NFL QB (who developed Andrew Luck) could do with TREVOR LAWRENCE as his Franchise QB; especially after leading the 49ers to a 44-19 record and a top 5 All Time winning percentage of .695% consisting of 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance alongside of average NFL QBs in Alex Smith/Kaep could do with... TREVOR LAWRENCE!

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hey. The people who I've went out on a limb for and committed to were guys like Jamal Adams who became our first All-Pro first team selection since dating back to Revis and Robby Anderson who's now putting up top 10 NFL numbers etc.

Sure beats riding the jock strap of Joe Douglas who's done nothing as an NFL GM except become Gase's do-boy with additions like FRANK GORE along with a 7-17 NFL GM record and 0-8 during his 2nd year.

JD is supposed to be some type of O-Lineman guru but yet outside of Becton he's gotten rid of Winter's who's now starting on a winning Buffalo team @ guard for Josh Allen, got rid of Beachum who's now starting @ Tackle for a winning Arizona team while protecting Murray and also got rid of Shell who's now starting @ Tackle for a winning Seattle team while protecting Russell Wilson etc all while bringing in a bunch of JAG FAs and absolute trash offensive lineman to replace the NFL starters mentioned above.

Let's face it. Be honest. The only thing JD has done within the NFL has been riding the jock strap of Ozzie Newsone up until 2014 (6 years ago) and it's obvious Ozzie doesn't miss JD because over the past 5 years Baltimore has gone 46-25 (.647%) while adding a Franchise QB in Lamar Jackson (all while JD has been no where in the building).

You see, Ozzie Newsome is self made and JD isn't. JD is all Ozzie Newsome hype just like all of NEs former DCs were nothing but Belly hype; nothing more and nothing less.

I'm willing to be patient with the rookie GM Joe Douglas but fk no I'm not willing to take his side over a guaranteed winning NFL coach in Jim Harbaugh and why should I? It's JD's fault that players like FRANK GORE is a Jet (Gase's little do-boy puppet is all he's been ever since arriving).

20. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Oh, the irony...