Harbaugh = Instant Credibility

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by KY Jets Fan, Nov 5, 2020.

?

Would you want Harbaugh?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Oh just give it a rest already.

He has a .716% winning percentage @ Michigan throughout his 6 season(s) from 2015-2020 and has done an outstanding job of turning that football program into a winning one (48-19 ala .716%).

And before you're too hard on his "Michigan failures" please understand and comprehend that 6 years prior to Jim arriving to Michigan, Michigan only went 43-34 (.558%).

Michigan hasn't won a National Championship since dating back to 1997 and before that, 1948 lol.

And while you're trying to talk bad about Jim? Please don't forget to mention that he developed Andrew Luck and went 12-1 @ STANFORD during only Luck's SOPHOMORE season! 12-1!

And don't try and ignore how as an NFL head coach he's ranked 5th All Time in winning percentage @ .695% (44-19) throughout 4 NFL seasons; and never once experienced an NFL losing season with records of 8-8, 11-4-1, 12-4 and 13-3 (including 3/4 postseason playoff appearance(s) and a Super Bowl Appearance).

Yea. Right. O.K. "So Toxic".

@ Stanford/San Francisco/Michigan he's got a combined head coaching record of
    121-59 (.672%).

You're wrong as wrong could be Boozer because Adam Gase is "TOXIC"; Jim Harbaugh (on the other hand) is an absolute winner & going 121-59 between Stanford/49ers/Michigan @ .672% doesn't lie.

And if we're to draft a generation QB prospect in Trevor Lawrence? Just remember that...

A.) Jim is an NFL former QB of 14 years years himself and knows the position as an offensive mind.

B.) Developed and coached up Andrew Luck into becoming the greatest QB prospect since Elway/Manning.

and...

C.) Andrew Luck (under Jim) during his Freshman and Sophomore seasons combined for 425/660 (64.3%), 5,913 passing yards, 45 TD's/12 INT's and a QB Rating and a WINNING RECORD of 20-6 (.769) and 12-1 during Andrew Luck's Sophomore season; before leaving Luck for the NFL.

Toxic? Toxic? HAHAHAHALOL Don't talk to me about TOXIC when your boy Adam Gase is TOXIC!

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

5th Winning Percentage in NFL??

DWC Does his HW again..goes to head of class!

Harbaugh? ...Sign This Beast

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No. The last thing I think the Jets need is another asshole that puts people off. We've had enough of that with Gase. As several of you have said, he wouldn't be here long, and we don't need that, either. We need stability. We don't need a HC who's going to get us turned around, then bails on us and then we'd be starting over. I'd accept him over Gase, but that's it. I could see the Johnsons going all in on Harbaugh thinking he would be another Parcells, and then he and Douglas wouldn't be able to work together.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. 5th All-Time (.695%).

And only behind the likes of...

Guy Chamberlin (.784%).
    John Madden (.759%).
    Vince Lombardi (.738%)
    George Allen (.712).
    Jim Harbaugh (.695%).

He's currently no longer in the NFL BY CHOICE (and not the other way around); always remember that.

Fans who would say NO to Jim Harbaugh when we're currently stuck with a toxic ADAM GASE are (I'm sorry) absolutely clueless and deserve Adam Gase as their head coach (imo)!

And if we're to land Trevor Lawrence? Always keep in mind that Jim Harbaugh is the former 14 year NFL QB who single handedly coached up and developed a Freshman and Sophomore ANDREW LUCK into becoming the highest rated QB Prospect to come out since dating back to John Elway and Peyton Manning (something that Jim Harbaugh haters refuse to acknowledge nor admit) and they went 12-1 together during Luck's Sophomore season... @ STANFORD!!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I want someone who will be around for 10+ years, not sure if Harbaugh's that guy. He can win in the NFL, but does his personality make it so he'll only last 4 years before a change is needed?

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Dude. Your little love of Joe Douglas is a little, extreme.

Has "JD" ever been to 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance during only 4 years?!?!? So for you to pick "JD" over JIM HARBAUGH is absolutely, disgusting!

Jim Harbaugh has a career head coaching record and winning percentage between Stanford/49ers/Michigan of 121-59 (.672%)!

WTF has Joe Douglas ever "accomplished" as an NFL GM?!?!? Absolutely nothingness because he's currently a laughable 7-17 as an NFL GM (.291%) and 0-8 during his 2nd season lol.

And PS: Riding Ozzie Newsome's jock strap doesn't count because JD hasn't been in Baltimore since 2014 and since leaving Baltimore, OZZIE's Ravens have since drafted Lamar Jackson who's 24-5 as a starting QB dating back to 2018. In other words, Ozzie and Baltimore doesn't need "JD". Joe Douglas, who?!?

And let's not talk about people "putting people off" because JD is the little DO BOY who allowed an asshole in Gase to convince him to get rid of players like Adams, Robby and Le'Veon while turning off Mosley to the point of not wanting to play for both JD/Gase here in 2020.

He's also a little DO BOY who allowed Frank Gore to become a JET in order so JD could suck off Gase and make him "happy" lol @ JD!

I'd throw away JD into NJ's dump within a NY minute if it meant landing Jim Harbaugh as the one to coach up and develop Trevor Lawrence as he once did Andrew Luck.

But yes. Wtf has JOE DOUGLAS ever accomplished outside of riding Ozzie Newsome's jock strap until 2014? 7-17 ala .291%? lol.

Bill Belichick during his first NFL stint only went 36-44 throughout 5 years in Cleveland (.450%).

Jim Harbaugh during his first NFL stint went 44-19 throughout 4 years in San Francisco (.695%).

So Bill Belichick deserved another NFL coaching opportunity (after a 4 year layoff) before landing Tom Brady but fans such as yourself wouldn't give Jim Harbaugh a 2nd chance alongside of Trevor Lawrence after a 6 year layoff? Weird.

To want to keep JD over JIM HARBAUGH is absolutely mind boggling to me especially since I feel and believe that Jim and Douglas would make a strong HC/GM duo together.

Jim led his San Francisco teams in only 4 years to 3 NFC Championship games and 1 SB appearance plz wake me up when "JD" does the same lololololol

#26 DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 5, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Rockinz likes this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Bill would have never lasted 20+ years in NE without Tom Brady.

You give Jim Harbaugh a Trevor Lawrence who's the highest rated QB prospect since Elway/Manning/Luck (who he developed @ Stanford) and we would see Jim/Trevor as a dynamic HC/QB duo for at least 10-15 years; no doubt about it.

The man in only 4 years in the NFL went to three NFC Championship Games and 1 SB wtf is wrong with Jet fans?!?!?

RochesterJet likes this.
  8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

100% agree

If Harbaugh wants to come here and the only casualty is JD then so be it. Or we will try and sign a “Todd Bowles type top coordinator” And hope for the best? Makes zero sense.

If you have a shot at a big fish you try and take that baby home to Mama!

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yep all that noise you making no team in the NFL is even interviewing him. The Mr. Successful guy. Ohio State wipes the floor with Wolverines every year Harbaugh has been there.

10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Exactly the perfect wording wears out his welcome. San Fran had enough of his act too.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I really think the Harbaugh wants full control as a GM thing is overblown. He wanted more input over personnel decisions because Trent Baalke was a moron that won the owners over and as I'm sure Harbaugh probably predicted - he ran the franchise into the ground before getting fired.

I think he wants a competent GM just like his brother has and he didn't have that in San Francisco.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This is more my worry. The fact that he might jettison once he fixes things just like Parcells did.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

O.k. And?

He still developed Andrew Luck @ Stanford into the highest rated QB prospect since dating back to John Elway and Peyton Manning.

Crickets?

He's still coached Michigan to a 48-19 record (716%) compared to Michigan only going 43-34 (.558%) throughout 6 years prior to Jim arriving @ a struggling program.

Crickets?

Look. Boozer.

You can throw "Ohio State" into the faces of Jet fans all you like....

But that won't stop me (when talking NFL football) into mushing an NFL record and top 5 All-Time winning percentage of 44-19 and .695% along with 3 NFC Championship Game Appearances and 1 SB appearance during a 4 year run; right into your face.

You can keep Adam Gase.
    I want Jim Harbaugh.

#33 DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 5, 2020
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well said.

At the end of the day he coached in San Francisco for 4 years including 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance.

And during 2 of his NFC Championship Game loses and 1 SB loss were by 3 points in overtime (Giants), 6 points (Seattle) and 3 points (Baltimore).

4 NFL seasons? 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB? 5th highest NFL winning percentage of All-Time @ .695%? Sign me up right now and twice on Sunday's.

He also coached up and developed a young Freshman and Sophomore in ANDREW LUCK into becoming the highest rated QB Prospect since dating back to John Elway and Peyton Manning; Jet fans would be complete IDIOTS to not want Jim Harbaugh's finger prints all over TREVOR LAWRENCE!

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

As a long time suffering Jets fan who's only experienced 3 AFC Championship Games throughout my lifetime (Denver of 1998, Indianapolis of 2009 and Pittsburgh of 2010) the decision to hire Jim Harbaugh wouldn't only become an easy one, it'll become an automatic one).

Not only has Jim Harbaugh already developed Andrew Luck as a Freshman and Sophomore into the highest rated QB Prospect coming out since John Elway/Peyton Manning...

But he's also led San Francisco (during a 4 year period) to 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance; which is why he's still to this day currently ranked top 5 (5th) All-Time in NFL Winning Percentage.

Andrew Luck.
    Alex Smith.
    Colin Kaepernick.

I couldn't imagine what he'd do alongside of a developing Trevor Lawrence.

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

And Jim Harbaugh was absolutely disgusted with his front office (and rightfully so) and they became absolutely exposed as losers once he left.

So stop acting like the 49ers "got better" once Jim left, because the truth is acting the complete opposite.

Harbaugh won 44 regular-season games in his four years with the 49ers. That's five more wins than the franchise had in the seven years before he got there. He won five playoff games, which is more than the franchise had in the 15 previous years before he got there and once again, San Francisco went to 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB during his 4 year run in San Francisco.

And after Jim left for Michigan? Lol Boozer why don't you tell the truth???

Tell the truth Boozer because if you don't, I will.

During the next 4 years after Jim left? lol San Francisco only went 21-43 (.328%) including 0 winning seasons and 0 playoff games.

And that's how great Jim truly was as an NFL head coach. So great where they became exposed without him.

4 years with Jim = 44-19 (.695%). 3 AFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance.

4 years after Jim = 21-43 (.328%). 0 Winning Seasons and 0 playoff games.

But yet pundits want to blame JIM for not getting along with a bunch of clueless Front Office losers?!??!?

Trent Baalke the GM who Jim hated has since been FIRED and replaced by John Lynch and now Trent is ruining the Jaguars and no longer an NFL GM lololol.

4 years with Jim = 44-19 (.695%). 3 AFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance.

4 years after Jim = 21-43 (.328%). 0 Winning Seasons and 0 playoff games.

Jim got the last laugh.
    Trent Baalke (GM) was fired.

Pundits talk about Jim having an ugly ending in San Francisco due to a loser GM but ignore how that GM was later fired due to being exposed without Harbaugh. Sad.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

In closing and more importantly Jim's players plated HARD under him in San Francisco and they played tough.

In 2010? The year before Jim ever even arrived in San Francisco? Lol only 2 pro bowl players in
    I repeat. Only 2!

Fast forward to 2011 once Jim arrived? Crazy!

2011 = 9 pro bowl players.

RB Frank Gore
    OT Joe Staley
    DE Justin Smith
    ILB Patrick Willis
    CB Carlos Rogers
    FS Dashon Goldson
    P Andy Lee
    K David Akers
    LS Brian Jennings

2012 = 9 Pro Bowl Players.

2013 = 10 Pro Bowl Players.
    2014 = 7 Pro Bowlers.

NaVorro Bowman
    Ahmad Brooks
    Vernon Davis
    Frank Gore
    Mike Iupati
    Justin Smith
    Joe Staley.

You guys can ignore how he developed a young Andrew Luck into the highest QB Prospect since Elway/Manning, you guys can ignore his 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance during his 4 years there, all of the players who played HARD under his head coaching, his top 5 All-Time Winning Percentage and you guys can continue to ignore how his team COMPLETELY DIED after he left going 21-43 (.328%) over the next 4 years of 0 Winning Seasons and 0 playoff games before his ex GM (who he HATED) got fired lol but, I won't!

Some of you Jet fans are sick. Absolutely lost.

#38 DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 5, 2020
  19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

You CANNOT have Jim Harbaugh reporting to the Johnson Brothers and not Joe Douglas.

Otherwise, you are going to have Harbaugh replace Douglas with a guy he wants.

Harbaugh can not accept a GM not his own guy.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That's an easy one, send Douglas packing.