Opinion: Adam Gase is not getting fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wut?, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Exactly Going for it on 4th and 1, with run up the middle is not really going for it!!! It’s a wasted opportunity! And to add, haven’t we done that same play 3-4 times on 4th down with same results? It’s like watching a bad movie over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#101 Sack exchange, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    GasedAndConfused and SOJAZ like this.
  2. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Just after that play bombed, I was thinking exactly the same thing regarding play action - they stacked the line and the Jets played right into their hands. Coaches have no vision.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because they want their QB to figure out how to hit his hot route and the best way to do that is to spread the formation out and give him a lot of quick throw opportunities?

Not saying it is a good approach but every down that Darnold played with a free rusher coming at him gave him another opportunity to figure out how to get rid of the ball quickly under pressure. The downside though is that Darnold is not accurate enough to hit those routes even if he figures out how to make the throw instead of constantly scrambling under pressure.

The Jets definitely have not put Darnold in position to succeed however part of the equation is that he hasn't performed well enough when he had an opportunity here and there.

We're kind of in David Carr territory at this point minus the terminal number of sacks that Carr a relatively non-mobile QB took.

BTW, even if Darnold is done as a high caliber prospect with the Jets we should remember that Richard Todd took two teams to the playoffs after that team put some real talent around him. Nobody thought Todd was a particularly good QB but the pounding he took early in his career somewhat prepared him for some success down the road.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

someone mentioned that they think the only reason gase gave up the playcalling was so he could say seeeeee its not my playcalling that is the problem.

typical narcissistic sociopath behavior. i can only imagine what the conversation at halftime was.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The personnel makes me question if that was the call from the sideline. If you are going to run it up the middle on 4th and 1 you use Gore, the savvy vet, not Perine the rookie.

I don't remember what it looked like pre-snap but I wouldn't be surprised if the run play was a called audible by the QB

6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Don’t think it was an audible
    Sam has already admitted he is not allowed to call audibles

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well then he's lying about at least one thing because he called an audible in the red zone when they threw it up to Mims

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

To be the offensive "genius" and design the plays and develop Sam, silly! :eek::cool:;):p

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What do you mean he is not getting fired! Say what! NO F-way! Now that I got that out of my system... the train wreck continues jet fans.... with this weeks edition of how bad can a team look playing the SB champions.

It will be a pleasure to watch the Chiefs and their good coaches play. Maybe Andy R will take it easy on us an not run up the score but frankly even if he did that they will still blow us out...sadly LOL.

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That's not true. He said on one specific play, theres no audible to change the play to a QB sneak.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope he runs the score up like a normal Alabama or Oklahoma score, something to the tune of 63-3. Normally, that would be considered poor sportsmanship, but in this situation, it must be what is needed to get the Johnsons' attention and to help them see that Gase must go!

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I hope the score is 42-0 because we could really use some of that right now.

TonyFtLaud and SOJAZ like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So why isn't Gase fired already? What more does he have to do to prove his ineptitude to the Johnson Clowns? The longer he stays, the worse things get.

14. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I think when Gase had that disturbing picture at his introductory press conference, the one with his eyes bugging out of their sockets, he was having a premonition about this season.

15. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

No, just no. Gase go bye bye.

16. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

He'll get let go when Woody comes home from UK & takes over for CJ.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This is a fucked up thought.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The Johnson bros are absolutely awful, but even they know keeping gase would be suicide for this team and for their pockets. No one wanted Gase in the first place and after his combined 2 years here (he will finish out the rest of the season), will thoroughly show that he was an awful pick, and not a leader of men.

Johnsons know that if fans are allowed back in the stadium, there will be mayhem next season. Furthermore, Jets are not attracting as many viewers, have not made the playoffs in a decade, and are constantly getting bad press from media (all the Trevor stay in school to avoid the Jets talk).

I think they are going to either let Douglas pick his own HC, or swing for the fences and try to lure a big name away from the pros/college because they know they will need to in order to get the fans back into it after all these years of failure.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's Tuesday, October 27th, 11:35 AM ET, and Gase is STILL the HC!

Wake the fuck up Johnsons!

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I guess they will let Gase get blown out by Bell and the Chiefs, and then embarrassed on national television against Belichick once again, and then fire him after the game headed into the Bye Week at (0-9). It's the only logical thought since he hasn't been fired yet.

Noam likes this.