Brian Poole Trade Rumor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Oct 22, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, that's what happens when the buffoon owners kept Mac employed for too long and haven't hired someone competent to run the team and them to step back and stop meddling.

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

5 years of rebuilding sucks when you never draft anyone worth a damn, I get it. Better players need to go ad hope we get it right this time around.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don't either and I wrote it. But I have zero confidence that CJ is remotely in tune with this cluster fuck. Keeping Gase will fracture this fan base for good. Team has been too embarrassing for too long starting with the leadership.

#43 LAJet, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    SOJAZ, stinkyB, Jets79 and 1 other person like this.
  4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I mean if we go 0-16 I can’t imagine imagineeeee anyone in their right mind would keep the HC. Doesn’t matter how out of touch they are as a owner.

SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
  5. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

We're talking about CJ here....I'm positively scared about what may happen if (or should that be when) we go 0-16.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.
  6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

When JD proves he can land a decent pick beyond the 2nd round I'll get excited.

On another note for Big Lebowski fans. Remember how with Walter every topic circled back to being about Vietnam?

Jamal Adams is DWC's Vietnam.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Have you ever heard of Vietnam Larry?

FJF and ouchy like this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Jamal was a good player, and a good safety. He was one of us.

He was a man who loved the outdoors... and football, and as a blitzer he explored the backfields of Southern California, from Anaheim to Oakland and... up to... Seattle.

He was traded, like so many young men of his generation, before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives.

And so would Jamal.
    Jamal, who loved football.

And so, Jamal Lee Adams, in accordance with what we think your final wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal memory to the bosom of the Florham Park, which you loved so well.
    Good night, sweet prince.

Footballgod214 and cval like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

God damn you DWC! Everything is a fuckin travesty with you!

10. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

it started before that, that was just the first visual evidence. Once fans were banned from games, the plan was implemented. If anything good comes of Kung Flu, it is this. The organization did not have to answer to ticket holders who spent thousands to watch a tank job.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well. Now he's on the IR.

And it's still mind boggling to me how Jet fans were so against trading a nickel back who (like Maye) makes zero impact whatsoever within the grand scheme of things.

I wish JD would've listened to me lol and pulled the trigger and received a 4th or even a 5th rounder because now look we're 0-9, he's now on IR and we'll lose him to Free Agency for absolutely nothingness.

12. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Well at least we know for sure, when and where Justin Herbert is getting his first NFL victory

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's already earned his first victory. Against the Jaguars. 347 passing yards 3 TDs/0 INTs QB Rating of 113 and also ran for 60+ yards and 1 rush TD.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We haven't been rebuilding for 5 years. We've been rebuilding since Douglas entered the building.

Signing Leveon Bell and CJ Mosely to huge contracts weren't the acts of a rebuilding team and that was the offseason in 2019 - 2 months before Douglas entered the building.

What the Jets need to do at this point is sever all marketing functions from the day to day representations of the team. The marketing folks should be selling the great game day experience at MetLife stadium and working with sponsors that add to the bottom line. They shouldn't be talking about the team at all. No "Come out to see the Jets play!" No "Sam Darnold is the future!" None of that crap. Literally nothing about the quality of the team in promotions because all they've been doing for the last decade when they got into those areas is lying through their teeth to sell and that adds up in a big way and I don't mean a good way.

The Chicago Cubs pioneered this approach with the "Come out to beautiful Wrigley Field and enjoy a day in the sun!" campaigns of the 30's through the 60's when the franchise struggled every year on the field. They avoided talking about the teams chances year after year because everybody knew the Cubs stunk. They still filled Wrigley Field on a regular basis, selling the beauty of the Ivy-covered walls and the family experience sitting in the stands watching a ball game on a fine summer afternoon.

Hopefully the Jets will build out of the morass they are currently stuck in. Allowing the GM and HC to do that without booing oversold fans will do a lot for the atmosphere in the meantime.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I have a great idea that will bring fans back to the games that the Marketing Dept. can use.. Have a drawing where 15-20 fans get to throw footballs at the Johnsons from like 5 yards away. "Come to the game and get a chance to hit Chris Johnson in the nuts with a football on the 50 yard line during halftime!"

Footballgod214 and Jets79 like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Here's what I would do:

1. Cut the food and beverage prices at the concession stands.

Make feeding the family at the game not a "take out a second mortgage" experience. Offer simple staples like hot dogs and hamburgers at normal fast food prices. Offer family favorite packages that include a couple of hotdogs, a couple of hamburgers, 4 medium/small non-alcoholic beverages, french fries/onion rings, etc at a price that it makes sense for a family of 4 to buy the package instead of piece-mealing it. Maybe $20 tops.

You can have a different tier of concessions near the luxury boxes/suites that offer less of a fast food experience at higher prices. Put these in areas that draw foot traffic from the higher-priced ticket areas. There's no point in forcing people who are on a budget to drag their kids past the marketing for these sites.

You could conduct marketing campaigns around the normal sites, giving parents a view of exactly what the cost of a trip to the stadium was and making it seem like a much more palatable cost.

2. Increase integration of the cheerleaders both racially and by gender.

More African-American cheerleaders, more Hispanic cheerleaders, more Asian cheerleaders. Women *and* men.

Why?

Because then you can market the cheerleaders as a major part of the show. Marketing cheerleaders heavily right now is not so easy because truth be told women and men, young and old, have different reactions to scantily clad young women. For some people they are an inducement to come to the game and for others they are a reason to stay away. Adding men to the roster blunts that effect. It makes cheerleaders more of a neutral attraction and less likely to be viewed in a strong negative light by anybody. This also makes them more marketable to a wider audience. There's a lot of wealth in the area that does not really view football as a prime attraction - add some fresh faces and new routines and market heavily along those lines and you might have an inroad to new customers.

Now you can do major marketing themes around the cheerleaders, with dance and drums, with acrobatics and formations, etc. You can give the game a bit of the college feel around it's bits and trimmings - very few people react negatively to a mini-marching band approach to marketing. It will take a bit more skill to be a NY Jets Cheerleader but that's not a bad thing.

3. Market with partners that really need a boost at this point due to the pandemic.

Airlines are the obvious target here. Everybody is floundering at this point with travel restrictions and some positive marketing that is not hugely expensive would be a huge boon for many of these companies.

Picture a big carrier with a virtual vacation to Polynesia on the scoreboard during an early September game at halftime. The Jets newly formed female cheerleaders are out on the field in grass skirts with lei's on their head dancing around the male cheerleaders as the men beat the big drums to a South Seas refrain booming out of the stadium's sound system. Choreograph it right and you have a 5 minute spectacle that is great marketing for the carrier, for the Jets and for the stadium.

Later in the season you could do holiday themed mini-events at halftime with the girls and guys promoting travel during the holidays. You could do a costumed Halloween spectacle to entertain at halftime with the scoreboard flashing the sponsors Halloween candies in a progression as the mayhem ensues on the field.

Leverage the new entertainment squad with the marketing group and lots of possibilities open up.

egelband likes this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I LOVE this!

so the question is...do you aim for the face or the nuts?

I guess nuts is funnier

also as a bonus, you can bring back Idzik and Mac and Bradway for that matter and REALLY let the fans work out their frustrations on the morons who gave us this shit

brilliant!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

douglas is doing what idjik should have done, if he knew anything about how to draft.

only fly in the ointment is woody is on the way back, and he could screw the whole thing up.

so could the team doing another same old jets thing and winning one or two meaningless games.

stinkyB, NCJetsfan and Br4d like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My opinion to a T. Couldn't agree more. Gase is either a dead man walking, in which case he has zero interest in loosing, or Gase has been told he will be part of the rebuild, in which case we are all completely screwed. Hence I want to see him gone now, before Woody comes back with his own view of the universe.

Jets79 and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yeah for sure. It probably happened the year we hired Mac. Instead of starting our MUCH NEEDED rebuild THEN, we went for broke, brought Revis back in ($17M) and tried to win it all. It was only after THAT and a few more bad years that the Johnsons finally agreed we DO need a rebuild.

Welcome in Joe Douglas! FINALLY, a rebuild we can be proud of.

Br4d likes this.