Opinion: Adam Gase is not getting fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wut?, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Why would any coach allow all his halfway decent players and leaders to get traded unless he is in on it?

Maybe he convinced CJ that Sam sucks and with TL he will take them to the promised land.

Jerryjeudy and TonyFtLaud like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'd love to believe this isn't true but I get the sense it is. If the team is going to trade away all it's competent players (assuming Poole is gone and one more starter gets moved before the deadline) then why not just fire the coach? It makes no sense. Then again we hired Adam Gase in the first place, we don't ever make sense.

TonyFtLaud, barfolomew, SOJAZ and 7 others like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

CJ's stupidity is legendary when it comes to football. Gase could tell CJ that there really is a Santa Claus and CJ would bake cookies on Xmas eve with a letter on the plate.

NYJetsO12, barfolomew, Brook! and 6 others like this.
  4. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Let me be clear, I don’t want to be right about this. Gase should be throwing a tantrum of epic proportions as JD dismantles the team, but it feels like he isn’t worried.

barfolomew likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He has the Idiot CEO in his back pocket. Of course he's not worried.

barfolomew, Jets79 and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Any, and hear me, ANY, NFL would have canned him already! I will go even further, any sports franchise, even further, any HS, hell, I am going to go there Pee Wee Team! It is maddening he is still here! If I have to listen to one more of his nauseating press conferences. I get the tank factor, but this needs to end. I read on Twitter they are keeping him for next year so he can develop Lawrence. Now how’s that for insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12, SOJAZ, rammagen and 3 others like this.
  7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Been beating this drum for a while now.

We might actually be in the timeline where the owner believes the players simply aren’t good enough to run the coaches futuristic offensive game plan.

SOJAZ, Jets79, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm kinda meh on the whole Gase thing. 2019 Jets had more starters on IR than any other team, and we were a weak team before injuries set in. Sam, in his 1st yr under Gase's offense, was LITERALY running for his life the entire season. Our o-line was the worst o-line in all of football. And somehow, Gase kept the team together and rattled off 6 wins to close out the season. No one can fairly judge ANY HC under these circumstances, not even TGG.

TGG wanted McCarthy over Gase. Still want McCarthy? He's having as much luck with a bad Dallas team as Gase is having with this one. Talent matters. Oh, and Dallas players are turning on McCarthy in ways we haven't seen yet with Gase.

This Covid-2020 season has been a bust. And JD's first draft didn't give Gase or Sam any new weapons. Becton and Mims have been IR'd the majority of the season. We had a young team with many new players that REALLY needed TC and PS games. They got none of it. Coaches were forced (and still are) to meet with players over ZOOM. What the fuck is that?

So what I'm saying is I'm fine with letting our team get healthy. We've had enough RS games now that lack of TC is in the rear view mirror. I wanna see what Sam/Gase can do with a full squad. Do I think they'll go 9-0? Of course not. But if Gase can get the team competitive and Sam plays well, then I'm fine with keeping Gase for 2021. ESPECIALLY if JD finally gets some weapons in here and more help for Sam along the o-line.

Mr mittens and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  9. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Hate to say, but this seems to be the only logical reason for ridding the players and not Gase. What a mess. The possible best scenario for me is that they:

- go 0-16
    - Darnold looks real sharp and keeps the Jets close in games
    - Woody returns, fires Gase and moves CJ's desk in the corner facing the wall
    - get a REAL coach for TL
    - They trade Sam for a high draft pick - possible a low 1 or a high #2
    - go 8-8 in 2021

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. Sack exchange

You are gluten for punishment. So we get healthy, maybe win 2-4 games, then stuck with Gase another year of pain.

McCarthy>Gase million times over! At least he had some earlier success. Maybe he is collecting his last checks before retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12, barfolomew and NYJFOREVER like this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

McCarthy over Gase? That should've even be a question.

In 4 full seasons as HC, Gase has had of the most injured teams in the league, at this point it's more than just a coincidence.

Gase has had a bottom of the barrel offense in every single season except for the year he was with Peyton.

The Jets don't even look like they're playing the same sport as other teams in the league. The Jets offense as a unit right now is not less talented than the 2018 Jets offense and they are significantly worse right now than they were in 2018, that's scheme.

Gase is one of the worst head coaches in NFL history. A guy with more double digit losses than wins should not be a head coach in the NFL.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well, If Leveon finds the Fountain of Youth the day they play the JETS, that may be the tipping point..... One thing all rich dudes have in common.... they don't like burning $$ ;)

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, I keep saying to all those who say "Keep Gase so we can finish 0-16", that they might regret what they're asking for. Until Gase is actually fired, he's still the HC, and if that doesn't alarm you, you're naive. The only other thing I'll say is, that if Gase is still the HC after this season, I won't be a Jets fan any longer. That will be the final straw after 58 years because it will be blindingly clear that the Johnsons either don't care about winning, or are so ignorant they just can't achieve it.

tomdeb, 88toon, NYJetsO12 and 10 others like this.
  14. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Shhhhh! Bite your tongue! Don't even joke about Gase being in on it and being back next season as HC. That would be the end of the Jets fanbase.

Gase doesn't have any say in who gets traded. That's Douglas' domain. Gase knows with his abysmal record and the team turning on him that he's a dead man walking and that he will never get another HC job, and probably won't even get an OC job anywhere. The Johnsons may have already told him that he is going to finish the season so as not to embarrass him by firing him mid-season, but that he is done as the HC of the Jets the minute the season ends.

16. Sack exchange

#16 Sack exchange, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    barfolomew likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand your wanting Sam to look real sharp, but the thing is, Gase was hired to develop Sam. If Sam looks real sharp in the last 10 games, Gase probably won't go anywhere because the moronic Johnsons will think he is doing his job, and that it was the lack of talent on the team that kept Gase's offense from working. Unfortunately, we need Sam to look like crap the rest of the season to hopefully ensure that Gase is gone and we get the #1 pick. That will hurt Sam's trade value, but better that than Gase back as HC. The Jets could keep Sam through training camp and showcase him in preseason, and his trade value go back up.

barfolomew, SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  18. Have had this sinking feeling from the get go.The Johnsons will always use any excuse they can to avoid meaningful action & Gase is very good at making excuses.Thats a bad combo for Jet fans.

That said,none of the insiders seem to be suggesting this.By all accounts,The whole CS seems to think they are gone anytime now.

If they were to decide to keep him im not sure how they sell that to this fan base..even w TL.

19. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I already stopped watching this yr and wont buy anything Jets related, if they do this and kep gase then I am done and looking for a new team after 47 yrs

20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Who said it was the coach's final say on whether these players get traded? These decisions could be JD's/CJ's moreso than Gase's. Let the season play out. Too much reactionary bs right now and I can't say I'm surprised with how bad the team is this year.

If Gase is still here after the season ends then we got problems.