Jets Draft Capital 3 Years Out

Discussion in 'Draft' started by MaximusD163, Oct 21, 2020.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

This will be an updated list of the Jets Draft picks for 3 years, currently 2023-2025. Picks can only be traded for up to 3 years in advance, so only these are relevant.

-6 (HOU) (From B. Cashman Trade)

—7 Picks

—7 Picks

—7 Picks

Traded Away Picks
    -2023 7th: To TB in S. McLendon Trade

#1 MaximusD163, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    apjbfc, REVISion, egelband and 21 others like this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Nice! Thanks for pulling this together...

it would also be nice to see where our missing picks went too...for example, what did we do with our 2022 4th round pick?

barfolomew and MaximusD163 like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Picks are great, but it's what's done with them that matters (re: Idzik). If Douglas fails to significantly upgrade the skill positions this FA and draft season, it won't make much difference who the QB is.

4. MaximusD163

I can add that in

5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Nice compilation, I am sure it will continue to be updated, with trader joe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaximusD163 likes this.
  6. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

This is good enough to be in the NYDN!!

Brook! likes this.
  7. Stevied

I hope this continues btw, sell everyone off- and SPREAD OUT draft capital

barfolomew likes this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Maximus you haven't inked in Trevor Lawrence on that first one yet?

10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

We should keep on drafting practice squad QBs so we can trade them for 1st round picks 3 years later.

boozer32 and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. MaximusD163

Hey man the 1st overall pick is not guaranteed and there are 11 weeks left. Last year the Dolphins were 0-7 before winning 5 and bumping down to the 5th pick. I'm not saying the Jets will win 5 games but they could easily end up with the 3rd overall pick with a win or two.

Just a little too early to guarantee anything.

Noam, Brook!, barfolomew and 3 others like this.
  12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The old saying , money has no value till it's spent. I trust JD will spend wisely.

#12 BudJet, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what Gase and Douglas sold to the Johnson's. I'm assuming Gase said you have a young franchise qb. I'll make him great. We need to build around him.

Douglas year 1 looked at it and said we're ok but no depth and we need to improve our starters. By going 6-2 down the stretch it gave the fans a false sense of hope we were further along in our rebuild. Douglas knew this. Adams going scorched earth didn't help but Douglas had no problem trading him and getting the haul he go. I think Douglas likes Gase and was hoping he could have the team competitive and win 3-4 games to keep him but both knew they had to rebuild this. At this point Douglas and Gase don't think Darnold is the franchise qb. Six games in they're buying into the Tank for Trevor and to truly rebuild this we need to do it in the draft. The more picks he can get in the next 2-3 years the Jets will be competitive in 3-4 years.

So yes the plan is to bring it back to the studs and rebuild this team. This is year 1. Look awful. Next year hopefully win a few and be competitive and then year three potentially compete for the playoffs. If and a big IF on many levels. If we get Lawerence maybe he is that good with what we do with free agency and the draft we could win 8 games next year and compete for that 7th playoff spot. If we don't get him probably looking at 3-6 wins depending on things.

But we are in full rebuild mode. No one will say it. If someone did maybe we'd feel better than what we are seeing on tv. The most recent and I'd say looking successful rebuild is the Dolphins. Hopefully we get a good coach who can come in build a culture and we can win. The next 10 months will tell.

A final note. Guys I'm looking at for Douglas to hire.

a. Martindale: DC Baltimore. Knows him. Always has great d. Depending on offensive side I think he'll be the hire.
    b. Roman: Great offensive mind. Kapernik and Jackson. Lawerence is a runner. Makes sense. Baltimore connection too. Not sure if they were with Baltimore at the same time.
    c. Kafka: qb coach KC: Overlapped in Philly.
    D. Sirianni: OC Colts: Overlapped in Philly.

Just some guys to keep an eye on. Time will tell.

14. Stevied

Swapped for Seattle’s 3

barfolomew likes this.
  15. MaximusD163

The way I understand it the current power structure has Douglas as 1A and Gase as 1B under ownership. I do not believe Douglas has the ability to fire Gase, even if he wanted to.

Gase may be let go before the season is over, or he may not. I for one do not see a reason to do it, because we all know at this point he will not make it past black Monday. If he continues to trade players for picks, any coach promoted to interim will look bad and won’t help their careers any even though it’s not their fault. Everyone, fans, Gase, Douglas, and ownership should bite the bullet and just play this one out.

Largely I agree with you. The difference is that I believe there is a path to where the Jets could be competitive next year. We will see if it goes that way.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great thread @MaximusD163 and it is another reason why people sound so ridiculous suggesting Lawrence should not want to come to the Jets or any high profile Head Coaching candidate should not want to come the Jets. It is simply not true. Joe Douglas has a plan and we are beginning to see what it is. The frustration with Jets fans is "Another rebuild? We just did that the last 5 years!" Yeah, well Idzik and Maccagnan did it wrong. Joe is trying to do it right. We have waited 50+ years, we can wait a couple more to watch Joe build this roster properly. Patience in 2020 is hard to find though, no doubt about that, but hopefully Douglas make it worth it!

Rockinz and REVISion like this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Do you see no value at all in freeing Darnold from the hold of Gase and Loggains which has proven destructive rather than constructive?

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the odds on the Jets getting the #1 overall are pretty low compared to what we think they are right now. We might have a real 25-30% shot at that pick given our terrible record and total ineptitude on offense. Last year after 6 games the Jets were 1-5 with the 32nd ranked offense and came nowhere near the top pick.

All it takes is for Sam Darnold to look good a few times the rest of the year and the Jets are 3-13 and picking #3.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

You’re not wrong. The Phins were even worse at this point last season and even they won some games.

Still, no talent, terrible coach, brutal schedule...

20. MaximusD163

I can understand the argument. The thing is the season has now gotten through 6 games and there is zero hope for a playoff push. After the week 4 mini bye, it could have been an opportunity to transition staffs, except Darnold was hurt and creating “turnaround energy” was a non starter introducing Joe Flacco as the starter. 2 weeks later, Darnold may just be coming back.

If they are gonna make a change, the time to do it would be after the Patriots game in week 9 before the week 10 bye. Assuming Darnold is healthy. That gives 7 games to see Darnold without Gase as the season closes.

ColoradoContrails and Br4d like this.