Report: Multiple teams offering trades for Quinnen Williams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I always thought Yannick Ngakoue was super overrated as a pass rusher but speaking of Yannick wtf happened to the VIKINGS?!?!? They went from true contenders to 1-4 this year? Wtf is going on over there?

2. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

We did not take Melvin Ingram in 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

If the cap is cut by 30m next year, lots of team's will be in cap hell and will have to cut players due to expensive contracts. The point is next years free agents will not be expensive and it may well be the chance to sign good players for not a lot of money.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Why would the cap be cut by so much next season?

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Effects of Covid-19.

6. Leicester Jet

Covid 19! No crowds, its been widely reported in the media

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing me to the 2012 draft. Melvin Ingram is not a great pass rusher, however. He had one sack his rookie season in spite of playing in all 16 games. The next two seasons, he only appeared in 4 and 9 games respectively, garnering 1 and 4 sacks. He finally hit double-digit sacks (10.5) in his 4th season (2015). He has followed that up with 8, 10.5, 7, 7 and has 0 sacks in 2 games this year. Yes, that's better than what we've had, but it still is no great shakes. Tanny took Quinton Coples 2 picks before Ingram.

Tanny's crime was in not taking Chandler Jones or Whitney Mercilus.

When I get time, I'll have to go back and check other drafts.

8. Sack exchange

Watching charger games, Ingram is usually a force, even stats don’t support. He is bringing pressure. Jones was better and could have had too. Good call. We took Coples, which was wasted pick! I loved Rex as our coach, but one thing about Rex, he missed often on D in 1st round! (Coples, Wilson, pryor, Milner). Hit on Wilkerson and Richardson... That was big part of his demise. Should have drafted offense!

#148 Sack exchange, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But we won't be able to sign enough of them to make us a challenger and all it will do is pop us right back where we used to be 'mediocre' 9-7 at best but more likely 7-9 and not in the post season once more and actually no forward planning to make this team sustainable across a decade etc in fact just like 2015 and where are we now 5 years later?

#149 K'OB, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah Ingram is a good pass rusher. From 2015-2019 he averaged 9 sacks a year. He's not TJ Watt but like you said if you watch him play he applied plenty of pressure.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

trading Q would be insane - no-one is going to give up what we spent getting him so what the hell would be the point?

12. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

He might be on the trading block.

13. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

We will have crowds in Tampa today. Funny how that happens when there is $ to be made.

14. Leicester Jet

I disagree and actually think that JD is planning what he is doing. Most of his signings this year have been on 1 year prove it deals, as he knows that good players will be available for a reasonable price next off season and that combined with all our draft picks COULD change the team dramatically.

Its will be up to JD to prove that he knows what he's doing next off season and prove that he can make good use of all our draft picks.

15. Leicester Jet

I think the Covid situations in Tampa and New York are somewhat different but I agree that dollar signs do count in many situations.

16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Do you really think you can go from bottom 3 to contenders in a single season though? At some point you probably have to get 6-8 win mediocrity along the route. You can't just flick a switch and start winning, you have to learn how to win and you don't do that by losing to get high draft picks.

Sack exchange likes this.
  17. Sack exchange

Agree, I just opened a thread on exactly that same point.

18. K'OB

Of course you can't just flick a switch to start winning but the plain fact of the matter is, along our attempts at rebuilding have been utter rubbish, take the last 4 or 5 drafts and count up how many of these picks are playing in our team. That is not a good rebuild. So essentially JD is having to start again from scratch. I am not a believer in this losing breeds losing mentality, there comes a point when you add enough talent to take it to the next level, somebody mentioned the browns the other day and their numerous high picks not really working, well their record this season suggests they are on the turn.
    Imo and that is all it is my own, I think we need 2 or 3 years of rebuilding PROPERLY and then we can add the finishing touches and hopefully this will finally turn this shit franchise around for the better.

So whatever it ends this season 0-16 2-14 6-10 then it could be anything in year 4 all depends on the core players and the final additions.

All I know is this should have been year 4 of Mac's rebuild if only the useless twat could draft properly.

We start again.

19. K'OB

Well we will have to wait and see, I can't see us altering this shit show in one draft and one free agency to make us become a perennial challengers, you could possible do a 2015 season but like I said what did that do for us in the long run?

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The key is to sign younger players in FA who can help you for a number of years, and mostly those who are cheaper and are ascending. It will be interesting to see what Douglas does in FA in 2021. We need a proven WR target for Sam or Lawrence or whomever is our QB. That is going to cost some moola, but at least of the top WRs who may be potentially available, only Allen Robinson is on the older end of the spectrum. Most are in the 24-26 range. With OL, he may have to sign an older player. I'm not as familiar with the OL, but hopefully some more will shake loose as teams have to cut players to get under the cap. Forrest Lamp is one younger OG, but I don't know how good he has been in the NFL or how cheap he might be. I remember that he was a highly-regarded prospect entering the draft, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.