Don't look now... The Circus is back in town..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 17, 2020.

1. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Manish is just echoing the frustration of the fans, so I hold nothing against him for the article. I don't always agree with him but I feel his points in this one are pretty much what is the norm at this time. His and Mark C's are hopefully just the beginning of many more 'Gase must go' articles. You know what they say - 'Strength in Numbers'. CJ has to give in at some point.

Cman68, barfolomew and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Manish is more in touch with the fans now because he's been hanging out here ever since he lost his credentials.

K'OB, Centiment, MoWilkBeast and 3 others like this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Perfectly said. The article for once matches his Jets vendetta and snake writing with our collective dislike and anger for Gase so we can hardly disagree with what he said. But rest assure he is a miserable hack nonetheless. Even on an accurate narrative he very astutely steered away from the root cause of the problem, completely failing to mention the cluster fuck meddling by the ownership in selecting Gase and retaining Mac one year too long.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

If I posted articles as long as this one, like I used to? I'd be banned from TGG. I've been warned time and time again by a certain MOD that I'm no longer allowed to post long winded posts with a lot of characters so please do not post/share long winded posts like THIS (above) from a Jets HACK writer. Thnx (ps just busting your chops lol) but in all seriousness no one wants to read that crap.

#24 DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Cman68 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Bowles last couple of years wasn’t a circus. Just a boring ass bad team. There’s a difference.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

The real circus was the Tebow year. We tried to use him as a FB, TE etc and never let him throw the freaking ball (he was 6/8 as a QB). I really believe bringing in Tebow fkd with Sanchez all the way mentally.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

As of now, Gase does NOT report to the GM. He reports to the owner and that is part of the dysfunction. The owner needs to fire Gase and let the GM hire his own head coach.

The Dark Knight and Jets79 like this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Dabo Swinney + Trevor Lawrence 2021?!??!?

9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

He also writes exasperated when he means exacerbated. I can’t take a ‘journalist’ seriously if they have no mastery of the language.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Right on point. Bad journalist, poor writer. No wonder he lost his credentials with the NFL.
    I guess we could say we are all exasperated with his unprofessional articles, and each new one exacerbates our dislike for him even more.

ukjetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Why is everyone so pissed off at this writer? Isn't it obvious he's just another phony disreputable media guy, stirring the shit so he can get more clicks. Isn't obvious these cog in the wheel types are paid to to extract knee jerk reactions from the readers, catering to the lowest common denominator at all times? Just like those insufferable jackasses on those moronic football commentary shows. Expecting someone like that to have a mastery of the language is equivalent to expecting the Jets administration to build a winner. Ain't happening!

LAJet and ukjetsfan like this.
  12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I leaned to Gase over McCarthy for NYJ HC. I liked what Gase did with Peyton in Denver (he did rave about him)....good work in Chicago with Cutler.....and the #1 writer for the Doplpins (Armando Salguero) vouched for him in Miami after 3 short years.

Problem is, I think more and more that Gase is another in a very long line of guys who are better OCs and DCs than HCs. I think he probably knows the X's and O's more than the results show. But.....

You may think this is nuts, but I'll be honest: I have NEVER seen this guy smile, even when he joined us and had a talent like Sam Darnold under him. He seems anti-social. I don't know if his players LIKE him and really want to play for him. This guy is closer to Bill Belichick or Tom Coughlin (without the wins) than someone like the late Tony Sparano and his rah-rah high school attitude.

I think you need your players to WANT to play for you. No, not every guy on a 53 man roster is going to like or love you. But if 1/3rd of the players like or love you...and 1/3rd are OK with you....and the last 1/3rd really don't care 'cause they're marginal players anyway and will be on other teams for the most part in a few years.....that's OK. But with Gase, I think the numbers are maybe 4-5 guys who like or love him.....maybe 10-15 guys who are OK with him.....and probably 2/3rds who really don't care. And I think that shows in the lack of comments that support the guy, even during last year's winning period.

I think the NY Jets players look at football like a job and Gase is the boss...rather than they really want to run through a wall for the HC because they love the game, the team, and their Coach (not a boss).

13. JetsKickAss

Polian got fired for that year. I don't think he was tanking.

14. JetsKickAss

If pop-ups or a screen blocker come up, then refresh and/or re-enter the URL.....when the article shows up, QUICKLY hit the PRINT function. This lets you read the article in the Print Mode.

Works for about 90% of the pay-wall sites I visit.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I only posted the link originally. Not sure how the body of the article got posted.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I wonder which one of us he is?