Your First Ever Jets Game....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 14, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Cman68 likes this.
  2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

1965...i was 10 years old & can't even remember who they were playing. All I remember is they had a new QB that was supposed to take the league by storm. I forget his name too...oh yeah ...Joe Namath. Gees I'm old.

Brook! likes this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The earliest game I vaguely remember is Jets vs Bengals in 2007 with Pennington where the Jets lost 38-31.

The first game I remember entirely was Jets vs Pats in 2010 when we smacked em around.

Brook! likes this.
  4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

JetsNation06 likes this.
  5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I remember that game very well-- Watching Vinny and company go up 14-0 in the first quarter and put up 500+ yards against what was already being considered one of the greatest defenses of all time. Too bad they couldn't hold out. Between that game and the Monday Night game against Miami, the 2000 Jets are right behind the 1998 group for me.

6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

My first game was a preseason game against the Giants a week or so before 9/11. I framed the ticket w/an article days later that had a pic with the smoke still rising, the pic was taken from the section I was sitting in and had the section numbers in the pic. Also in that frame is a signed Wayne Chrebet jersey that I was wearing that day. I went to the Stadium Cafe (bar near the stadium) after the game for drinks and Chrebet was in there with Michael Strahan and a couple women, I waited till he left and ran outside but noone had a pen. I'll never forget Wayne saying "Hey Strahan, you got a sharpie?" He didn't so I went back inside to get a pen, took an eternity to get the bar tenders attention but when I came out he was leaning on the back of the running SUV. Favorite player ever, that day is why I will never give up on this team.

#26 NOVAJET, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    The_Darksider likes this.
  7. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

‘98 against the panthers with Kevin Greene. I was a Giants fan prior to that, but my old man and friends brought me and I switched. I thought, “this is great! I’m much better off being a Jets fan!”

Add one more to the list of things that made sense then but not now.

Thank the good lord that my Dad bought me a Pistons jacket because it was on clearance when I was 8, other wise I’d be a Knicks fan and stuck with you losers in not seeing a championship from any team!

8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Oh no, please don't tell me that's the most heartwrenching game in history, the Doug Brien game??!?

Nevermind, saw your next post. lol This one hurt less, believe it or not.

#28 The_Darksider, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  9. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

This was mine too! 28-3, if I remember correctly. I was sitting in the corner of the end zone, and at one point Wesley Walker threw the ball up into the stands on my side of the endzone. Memories.

10. Stevied

For those of us younger jets fans, think I was a sophomore in HS. What happens if he makes that kick?

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I wish i could say ive been to a bunch of games, but I've only been to 3.

My first was Jets @ Giants the year we went 10-6. My college buddy is a Giants season ticket holder and i basically told him he was bringing me that year. Jets had a comeback win and I was in the Giants section with 1 other Jet fan. Beckham had like a 98 yd td and Powell scored also.

Other 2 were at NE. I think it was 3 years ago on New Years Eve, it was coldest regular season game in NE in history. My beer froze like a snow cone. Got beat pretty bad.

Other one was a year later in NE and we just got slaughtered.

12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Doug Brien missed a 47 yard field goal with 2 minutes to go. Then the Jets (David Barrett of all people) intercepted big Ben, Chad took a knee to run down the clock and he missed a 43 yarder as time expired. Of course the Jets went on to lose in OT and never made it to the AFC championship game. The steelers went on to lose to NE

13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I remember exactly where I was watching that game in on my portable TV since I had to work at a Bar Mitzvah lol (it made me sick)

14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Your 1st game was the Roman's vs the Lions :)

Cman68 likes this.
  15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Opening day 1965 JWN 1st regular season game:mad:

16. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Nice topic.

My first game was Jets at Miami in 1998. Jets won the division that year a week or two later in Buffalo.

First home game was against the Steelers in October 2000. I think the Jets lost 20-3 or something like that.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and the Romans were in the middle of a rebuild... They finally finished it a few years ago and changed the name of the team to the Chiefs.

#37 Cman68, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    stinkyB and matt robinson 17 like this.
  18. Stevied

Oh sorry, I know what happened, I remember it well. I meant what do you think would of happened to NYJ had he made the kick? Woulda beaten the Pats? Lost to the Pats? Super Bowl etc?

19. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

Been a UK Jets fan since about 1984, but my first attended Jets game was in 2013. Opening game against Tampa Bay, complete with Darrelle Revis! Geno Smith had to start, as Mark Sanchez was injured in the pre-season.

Nick Folk kicked the winner for us with a few seconds left. Great finish for my first live game.

Game here:

20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

2010 Wildcard Playoff game vs Cincy.

Shonn Greene is still my hero.