Don't bet the farm that Lawrence will save the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Oct 14, 2020.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I think CMan expects the worst because of the team's history of disappointment, failure, and heartbreak. Can't say I blame him, but I can't empathize because I haven't experienced most of it.

Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's not just a matter of "moving off of Sam." It's that Lawrence is a much better QB prospect than Sam and the Jets would have him for 5 years cheap, and unless Sam lights it up the rest of the season (which is highly unlikely), he'll be entering year 4 of his contract and the Jets still won't be able to really count on him going forward. He is getting worse, not better. He is damaged goods at this point, and may not be able to recover. There is no way that Douglas would pass up Lawrence and count on Sam. He'd look like a fool and be the laughingstock of the NFL for passing on Lawrence, even for a haul of picks. The picks would decrease the Jets' chances of getting another FQB if Sam doesn't rebound with the new CS.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

Lawrence doesn't have a father that was a great QB, nor does he have an older brother who is a certain HOFer.

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Giants at 0-5, Skins, Jags are the only real threats. The Falcons aren't likely to lose out more than 12 games. The Jets already lost to Denver, so Denver would need to lose out and the Jets would need to find 2 wins. Cincinatti has a 1.5 game lead so same deal. We play the Chargers in a few weeks (we'll certainly be 0-8 by then) and if we lose (likely) we'd also need to have them lose out and win THREE games.

The Jets have a major inside track on the #1 pick right now. I know they screw it up every year, but who are they beating????

5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Ouch, I didn't know H2H wasn't a factor in draft ties, pretty much renders my previous post irrelevant. lol

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

We're the only team within the entire AFC who's yet to win a single game.

Giants/Falcons are the only 2 teams within the NFC without a win.

I'm worried about the Giants finishing 0-16.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Getting the top pick with Trevor Lawrence staring us in the face is TOOOO easy. I want JD to earn his stripes. I want JD to be great for years to come.

I hope we DONT get the top pick. I hope JD has to find the next Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, etc. I wanna see JD decide between building around Sam vs trading Sam for a rookie QB none of us are talking about.

I don't want JD to be MacCagnan good (where the 'right pick' just falls into his lap).

I want JD to be Andy Reid good.

8. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Believe me it's real. I've been a fan since 1965.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I'll bet the my house if JD has the first pick he is either trading out or he'll take the Mammoth OT to bookend with Becton.

#149 BudJet, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Cman68 and Footballgod214 like this.
  10. Shea Jet

Shea Jet Member

Trust me, I'd be more worried of Washington getting the 1st pick over us than the Giants. Giants will beat Washington who MAY finish 1-15.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

I think the Redskins beat NYG on Sunday. Giants are horrible and could be in tank mode alongside our Jets.

12. Shea Jet

Shea Jet Member

Giants Not in tank mode, Gettleman will get FIRED if he goes 0-16. Douglas could go 0-16 and be safe. C'mon man. Look at facts. Giants played AT Rams down to final minute and had Dallas beat. Wash is a Shitshow. You'll see...

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Pie in the sky.

That's all you're feeding us until the guy steps foot on an NFL field.

We've been eating pie for fifty years.

14. NCJetsfan

It has never made sense to me that H2H wasn't a factor in tie breakers. IMO it should be more important than strength of schedule. If a bad team is beaten by another bad team, then it's pretty clear that the losing team is the worse team of the two.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm gonna bet he has a TV and watches NFL football. Lawrence is probably keeping an eye on who might draft him..

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Chances are pretty good that you will if the Johnsons don't sell...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’d take Lawerence if he’s available. I’m onboard the with the cap flexibility it will provide not to mention he might, you know....be good.

18. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Yea. Is anyone watching abc? Lawrence is the real deal. Would be a crime if we don’t get him.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He did throw his first INT in a year with pressure up the middle which seems to be his kryptonite, as with most QBs. If the Jets are fortunate enough to get 1st pick I’d like to see the interior OL be improved in a major way.

I don’t know how anyone can say he’s overhyped though, he has been hyped all his life and has lived up to it every step of the way.

He has everything it takes to become a stud. Elite intangibles, elite arm strength, elite accuracy, flawless mechanics & can move with ideal QB size.

#tankfortrev

94Abraham and The Dark Knight like this.
  20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"