Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Agree...he will never be an HC again

just like Idzik and Mac will never be GMs again

the only reason Bowles is even coaching is beacause Arians somehow likes him....no other team would have hired hi. I don’t think

Herm inexplicably got a second shot and failed in KC as well..maybe he can do it in college but I doubt he’ll ever get an NFL HC job again

just goes to show the shit we try and pass off as GMs and HCs

like I say...our disaster dumpster fire comes down to the bozos making these hires....i HATE the Johnsons not just for being stupid football know-nothings, but more so for not realizing and admitting that and letting someone else run the show...

they just got the most respected GM hire they’ve had so far on their watch, and they still insist on keeping Gase at an equal footing...JD may not be the guy...too early to tell...but at least give him the keys and let him sink or swim with his HC

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Have we completely run out of supporters for Gase who would keep him as head coach?

Is there any legitimate reason to keep Gase around another week? And I don't believe keeping him here for the best chance at 0 - 16 is a legitimate reason. For those who want to keep him through the season, tell us what's to be gained in the locker room or on the field.

Sack exchange and barfolomew like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Keeping him for 0-16 is a legitimate reason.

NYJetsO12, barfolomew and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

AFAIK, @Biggs was his biggest supporter. Not sure how he feels now.

I agree, he should be fired ASAP. He is stubborn, arrogant, and alienating players. And every day that goes by makes one wonder if he's coming back next season.

5. Ralebird

Disagree - the team needs to learn how to not quit, not lose and not give up. Every single guy needs to play with as much conviction, effort and pride they can find within themselves. Each guy also needs to consider where his next job is coming from.

Many of the same people here who were sure Sam Darnold was the guy to take the Jets to the promised land are the same ones now saying Trevor Lawrence is the guy to take the Jets to the promised land. The NFL draft comes with no guarantees - as Jets fans, that should be a given.

6. HomeoftheJets

The worst part about Gase is not only is he a terrible coach, but he's also a pretty terrible person. I wouldn't even let him coach a high school team.

Jets79, Noam, Sack exchange and 3 others like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

You can disagree all you like, but just because you disagree with it doesn't mean it isn't legitimate.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Does that mean CJ will only fire him if we win a game?

NYJetsO12 and barfolomew like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think I might have one legitimate reason. May be Woody told his brother “over my dead body you will be in charge of hiring or firing another coach ever- don’t fucking touch anything until I return”

NYJetsO12 and barfolomew like this.
  10. Ralebird

That's probably a topic all by itself - whether "tanking" is a legitimate strategy in the NFL today.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Family feuds are not a legitimate concern. If they can't agree on the value of making this change as soon as possible at least one needs therapy.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There is no GOOD reason whatsoever. 100% in agreement with you. It might cost us a lot more than the first pick if we keep Gase another minute.
    But having said that my response was a tongue in check response. Yes they definitely need therapy, and yes incompetent leadership is a very real and legitimate concern.

barfolomew and Ralebird like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

A thought just occurred to me. Most of us have been talking about how dumb or stupid the Johnsons are, including, or maybe especially me, but how dumb are they really? They have never accomplished anything in life, are trust fund babies, but had enough sense or intelligence to buy a cash cow like the Jets. They're making money hand over fist and it doesn't even matter if the team is awful.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. Ralebird

But the big payoff is not in collecting the profits each year, it's the appreciation when they finally sell the team. The problem for us is they don't appear to be looking in the sofa cushions to make the rent.

barfolomew likes this.
  15. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

It's more like:

Gase: "Hey guys. I just released Bell for criticizing me. Do you think I suck as a playcaller?"
    Coaches: "No boss. You rock!"

Gase: "I talked to my coaching staff and they all think I should keep calling plays!"

The_Darksider, K'OB, Cman68 and 3 others like this.
  16. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I believe the NFL should now implement a draft lottery! It would be best way! This way teams don’t get rewarded for tanking. Bad for the game. I think it is one of the rule changes well overdue. Plus SOS to break the tie for draft order, not thrilled with that either. A team plays the schedule given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. HomeoftheJets

Slimeball sighting.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yep! The player's fault, not the "genius's" fault! Got it.

19. HomeoftheJets

It's so ironic that Gase ever got the label of being an offensive genius, considering he's the dumbest coach in the NFL.

20. Ralebird

If the field is riddled with "execution problems" what does that say for the coaching staff?

Jets79, FlaJet and ColoradoContrails like this.