Your First Ever Jets Game....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Tons of negativity going around us lately. Fuck it. Let’s go back to good old times. Which year, which game was your first game at the stands?

RPOZ51, azhar80 and KWJetsFan like this.
  2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

November 1981
    Miami at Jets, Shea Stadium
    Jerome Barker TD reception from Richard Todd with 16 seconds left in the game.
    Jets win 16 - 15.

Fucking exciting finish for my first in person Jet game doomed me for life.

jilozzo, Brook! and KWJetsFan like this.
  3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I've never been to a Jets home game, but I've been to a bunch of Jets games in Carolina, Tennessee, Atlanta, and Cincinnati.

My first game was 1990 season opener in Cinci. Kenny O. threw two TDs to Al Toon and totally outplayed Boomer. Jets were up in the 4th, but the game turned when Kenny took a sack for a safety. As I recall, the Jets never threatened again, but the Bengals kicked three or four field goals to take the lead and get the win.

The Jets lost, but they looked like the better team right up to the end. I was sure they were only going to get better from there.

At least I didn't become a Bengals fan. What a shitty pair of franchises.

nycarl and Brook! like this.
  4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Can I post my first ever Jets Away game !?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

I managed to buy 4 tickets on eBay found 2 random Jet fans and 1 close friend to drive out to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship game. I was in my Sanchez jersey getting so much shit from Steelers fans lol. by the second quarter I couldn't feel my body it was so cold.

I decided that if we win I would go straight to Miami for the super bowl (tickets were only 3 grand) back in the day HA woulda been a once in a lifetime chance.

Icing on the cake ... we decided to drive back home after the loss and we got a speeding ticket lol cop was nice enough to give a violation so no points.

My first home game was in Rex' first year week 3 we beat the Titans to go to 3-0 oh how times have changed.

Brook! likes this.
  6. Jetsfansince95

Such a great topic idea KUDOS @Brook!

Brook! likes this.
  7. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

The fake spike game....enough said

Brook! likes this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

1992. vs. 49ers. I was only 7-8 years old my uncle and older brother took me to game got to watch Steve Young and Jerry Rice kill us but back then I really wasn't a football fan it was all about Starks, Mason, Oakley, Ewing and NY basketball for me but then came 1995 and as a kid I really started to fall in love with football and our Jets.

My first Jets W I got to experience live and in person was after my family moved to Florida. Me and my order brother caught a Jets @ Bucs game. Curtis Martin to Wayne Chrebet for a game winning TD and unbelievable comeback beating Keyshawn and his Buccaneers I was like 15 years old one of me and my older brothers favorite Jet moments right there

Brook! likes this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

That game is one of my favorite all time Jet games. That drive by Todd to win the game was beautiful. Too bad the Zorn game shortly followed.

My 1st game was the opening game of 1978 against the Phins. The jets crushed Miami 33 to 20 but the game was much more lopsided. It was Walt Michaels 2nd year as HC and the first game of a new era of competitive good Jets football.

Section 336 and Brook! like this.
  10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

1968 vs Bengals

Brook! likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Way back in the Jurassic Era of the NFL, there was a team called the NY Titans. My dad took me to the Polo Grounds in Harlem, NY to see them. That was 1960-61..

12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

In 1988 I was at university in Iowa and I had a friend at the University of Kansas. I travelled down to see him a couple of times and one time we went to see the Jets play the Chiefs. Great stadium, great fans, and it was an amazing game that the Jets managed to lose. Pat Ryan was at QB because O'Brien had slipped into his post-1986 mediocrity. I remember a great TD reception by Shuler, but I also remember Steve DeBerg hooking up with Stephone Paige for two TD bombs that took the game away from us. I believe it was rookie James Hasty who was beaten on the plays. The Chiefs scored very late to take the lead (I think Christian Okoye broke his wrist or hand lead-blocking on a fourth-down goalline plunge) and the Jets then tried a crazy kickoff return strategy that never really looked like doing anything. Along with a tie against the Chiefs that season, the Jets saw what might have been a 10-6 record fade into 8-7-1.

It would be nine years before they had another winning record.

Brook! likes this.
  13. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

1981 last game of season, Jets Green Bay for a playoff spot, sack exchange sacks Lynn Dickey 13 times, Jets put it to Green Bay, Lam Jones catches and doesent drop a bomb from Todd to ice the game.
    Sat in the first row of the end zone and froze.
    Giants also make playoffs due to Jet win.

Brook! and ukjetsfan like this.
  14. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

2014, the Bills game that Geno threw three interceptions in three consecutive possessions. On the upside, the food was good and Sammy Watkins got tackled on what should have been a runaway touchdown because he was showboating.

Brook! and ukjetsfan like this.
  15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

1983 vs the Falcons. Last season at Shea.

RPOZ51 and Brook! like this.
  16. 1998 Jets-Bills.
    35-12 J-E-T-S.Vinny was on fire after a int on 2nd play on O.Keyshawn/chrebet/Ward were lethal. Sigh. An actual passing attack.Something we havent seen in a decade.

My father a die hard steeler fan was blown away by the togetherness & passion of Jets fans as well as the entire experience. He said it put 3 rivers to shame as well as a MNF game at the old Foxboro we saw a yr prior

Brook! likes this.
  17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

same game for me

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Careful folks the way this year is going we’ll need a thread titled “your last jets game”

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

First game was the 2000 Christmas Eve game against the Ravens in Baltimore. Was a fan for a long time before that game, but that was my first in-person game. Had great seats for the game. Shame we couldn't pull it out and make the playoffs that day, but the experience was fun nonetheless.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.