JD gets some credit for this debacle too...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 29, 2020.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Every FA signing JD has made has been awful. He sucks

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

JD was handed a team with absolutely no offensive talent and one of the worst all-time coaches. Our best two defensive players aren't on the field this year due to Mosley's opt-out and Adams forcing himself out. The book is still out on JD - he came into a complete train wreck of a situation. In my opinion he did the best he could with the Adams situation and got an amazing haul of picks for him. So far the Becton pick looks like to be a good one even if most of the others are riddled with injuries. When was the last time our first round pick started playing in his first year and immediately proved to be a serviceable player? I'm hopeful that the Johnson's will have a rare flash of good sense and ditch Gase before this season is over, let JD choose his own coach and go into the draft with a massive warchest of picks. Then we can judge him one way or another.

BudJet and tomdeb like this.
  3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You mention CJ Mosely, IMO the most selfish jet ever. He takes a TEN MILLION dollar roster bonus in March , thanks to Mike MacMoron, and Mosely sits out the entire year because of the virus. I fail to see how that is Douglas' fault. Give the guy a chance after 5 years of MacMoron's drafts

BudJet, SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. nevbeats319

He’s been here over a year - all of last year. He had the advantage of a “new” GM stepping in 2020 and this is the roster he said was good enough. Forget the injuries, fully healthy, this is the worst roster in the entire NFL

SOJAZ and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Well, I think you're about the only one. This team IS where it is now largely because of Mike MacIdiot.

BudJet, SOJAZ, JetBlue and 1 other person like this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

For once, we have a GM building for the future. This isn't a win now team but it's underperforming and that's the coach, not the GM.

Jets81, BudJet, chandler and 3 others like this.
  7. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Hate to ask, but if they go 0-16 or 2-14, does he get fired too? JD

nevbeats319 likes this.
  8. Frenbar

I didn't say it was JD's fault. Did you read my post? I want to give him a chance because he was dealt a total garbage roster and a coach he didn't choose.

JD is the new GM who stepped in. He's the one this thread is about and that I've argued should be given a chance. Gase is the terrible coach he was saddled with - he's the guy who was here all of last year - he should be fired immediately.

tomdeb likes this.
  9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

No but I think he isnt going to be this "6 year guy" they signed him for. I think he gets his own coach and both of them get 2 more years to make the playoffs tops.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

That’s impossible. We have no talent at any position besides Quinnen and Becton

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Are we your anonymous sources now, Manish?

12. nevbeats319

No no - JD has been here since 2019 not 2020. He didn’t just have the offseason to evaluate. He’s been here since last year. That should have been a advantage. Instead he made the roster worse !

13. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Who on this team is underperforming? Every single player is performing exactly where I expected them to.

wewantsapp likes this.
  14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

this is 100% true

15. Frenbar

JD was brought in summer of 2019 after the draft. 2020 was his first draft. Gase was hired before he was, without his input. How did he make the roster worse? He drafted Becton and a bunch of other players who mostly got injured. Any decent ownership would have fired the old GM right after the season and brought in a new GM to find a coach and draft players. Instead the Jets let the old GM choose a new chose and draft players, and then inexplicably fired him after the draft and saddled the new GM with a coach and a draft class that he didn't choose.

16. nevbeats319

dude - i know the story. Do you understand the normal process? Normally the GM starts in January of the upcoming season. He was in office 5-6 months before. He KNEW what this team was and needed to compete this year. This team isnt close to last year.

#136 nevbeats319, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    SOJAZ likes this.
  17. nevbeats319

Oh has everyone forgot about the whole kelechi osemele debacle last year? Good job JD, hes doing great in KC and Van Rotten stinks!

18. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

every new GM inherits bad rosters or else they wouldn't be a new GM. This roster is historically bad. Nobody is saying it's all Joe Ds fault but people on here want to give him a 100% pass which is absurd. No matter what your plan is for the future to "build the right way" you can't put this type of product on the field and go unscathed. Every team deals with injuries, but to go from a 7-9 roster the year before and get to possibly a 1-15 roster is inexcusable and I don't care what anyone says. I hate Gase more than anyone but Douglas NEEDS to take some of this on.

SOJAZ, Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  19. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The scary part of all of this ,JD is the general manager. He was brought in to make us better. We were not in a total rebuild mode when he took the job. It was about building around Sam and making us better. We are not any better now than the day JD was hired. Probably much worst talent wise, I would only consider Becton untouchable . Q Williams should be a pretty solid player. That is it. This leads to a very long rebuild. Probably longer than JDs contract. Yes Gase sucks,but JD knew what he was getting into bed with. I do not believe JD took the job and thought he would be totally rebuilding the rooster. So he has failed as well. JD has as much stink on him as G.Williams and Adam Gase. Clean it all out now. We are at rock bottom. FIRE EVERYONE . Start fresh. None of this layover GM,Headcoach bs anymore it has never worked for us

nevbeats319 likes this.
  20. nevbeats319

100 % get Jim Harbagh in here or someone with command to change the culture - JD is in the same bed as this juicy stink shit show