The official Hire Eric Bieniemy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cval, Oct 1, 2020.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am going to start the official hire EB thread. This guy is a big component in the success of Mahomes and the Chiefs and Andy Reid's coaching tree has been pretty successful.

Here is the quote I like the best from Andy Reid on the criticism that EB does not call the plays.

"I've always been that way with it (play-calling)," Reid said. "I think it's important that everybody's on the same page and involved with it. So, I don't really care who's calling it or not calling it. I just want to make sure that it gets called and that we've got good plays to call from. That's where I put my energy."

Do you think a quote like that would ever come out of the mouth of Gase?

rammagen likes this.
  2. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

right now he is the name that makes the most sense

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We're gonna replace the guy who is a product of Peyton Manning with a guy who's a product of Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid.

4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not so high on Bieniemy either. Reid is the main driver of that offense followed closely by Mahomes. They're also absolutely stacked at TE, WR and RB and have a good offensive line. It would be shocking if they didn't have an amazing offense.

I will say though that we absolutely should go with an offensive-minded coach. If the owners still don't realize this has been an offense-driven league for a decade then I may lose all hope.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’m not on board

nothing against him and he may be a great coach but that offense is ALL Andy and Mahomes. Just like Loggins our own OC has nothing to do with the production of our offense, I don’t think Bienemy does either. That offense would look the same with or without him, and honestly I think I could be the OC there and the offense wouldn’t miss a beat.

I don’t have any inside knowledge, that’s just my own opinion but I wouldn’t be rushing to hire him....just like Gase had absolutely nothing to do with Manning’s success....this is the same thing

I’d rather have Roman, who has put together different offenses with totally different players and found success...give me someone like that, instead of someone riding on the coattails of a great coach and really an all time great QB

6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I'm out too, he's in an excellent situation there in KC. There is a reason he wasn't hired last off season by anyone.

7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Roman I'd be highly in favor of due to the same reason you said - he creates the ideal scheme for the players he has. He's very similar to Belichick/McDaniels in that regard.

Jets81 likes this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Roman is the one who keeps popping into my mind. In theory we’re now a like minded organization to the Ravens so that could be a huge positive.

All I want is a coach and GM that have the same vision. Even if they don’t change the reporting structure, don’t force another arranged marriage.

BudJet and REVISion like this.
  9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m fully in on Bienemy. This is a guy that is gushed upon for his leadership skills and that is the most important thing for the next HC hire.

Reid coaching tree is highly successful as well.

cval and Royal Tee like this.
  10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Greg Roman! He has done wonders with Jackson & Kapernick. He understands you have to fit the offense to the players to get the best out of the players.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Roman develops a great running game with running quarterbacks. I haven't seen him develop a passer yet though.

He's only created one offense and used it in three different places. It's a variation of the spread option. It's worked but he's also worked with two out of three teams with stud offensive lines and fast quarterbacks with limited throwing upside.

I don't get it though. Do we want to hire a guy that coaches Baker Mayfield to a shitty season last year or Patrick Mahomes? I understand the argument against coordinators who have excellent supporting cast, but it's a little overplayed. You always want to hire coaches from good programs and you're not usually looking at them to question them based on the surrounding talent.

REVISion likes this.
  12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Bieniemy is too hard to spell. There’s a good chance we get it wrong on the billboards.

13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Now that is funny!!!

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah I hear you...I just don’t see anything to be impressed about with Bienemy only because I don’t believe for one second that he had a significant role in crafting that offense. Maybe I’m wrong...I don’t know. But I suspect that offense is all Reid coupled with Mahomes’ natural talent. So maybe I’m wrong and he is the one scripting plays, but we all know that Reid calls the plays there, so that’s probably not the case.

I do like hiring coaches from great programs, which is why I hated the Gase hire since his record sucked, but that alone is not enough. It’s the same reason why I don’t want ANYONE from the Patriots organization, least of all a schmuck like McDaniels who already sucked and then walked out on his word to the Colts at the 11th hour. But we’ve all seen how many coaches come from that team and absolutely suck...and that’s probably one of the best run organization is football, much as it pains me to say it. All of those guys suck when they leave. O’Brien has had some success in a weak division but he’s made so many stupid moves....maybe Flores will do well in Miami but if he does he’ll be the first.

to be honest I’m not sure who I would want yet....whether a college guy who’s built programs or a hot coordinator, but I would be leery of taking an OC from a hot team if he wasn’t really The Guy...

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Hiring coordinators to be head coaches is such a crapshoot that I think it's hard to judge how they'll fair.

I'd honestly like to roll the dice on a college football program builder over a coordinator unless one of them is just a no brainer (McDaniels).

REVISion likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd love to land Shaw, Riley, or Campbell, but IDK if any of the 3 wants to be the Jets HC.

17. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the Jets aren't again looking at the Fins' tree for another doozy.

18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I think Dave Wannstedt or Sparano are available

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

"Sleeping with Bienemy". That was a great old Boomer line on NFL PrimeTime. Damn I'm old lol

cval and Jets79 like this.
  20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Id stay away from this hire....