TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

barfolomew and REVISion like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Let's go Broncos!!!

3. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Broncos 24 Jets 10
    Bortles or whoever starts for the broncos will shred our D. Only team Im concerned about for the Tank is the Giants.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Of course we'd be picking 5th.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Was really hoping the Giants would win today.

barfolomew and REVISion like this.
  6. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Broncos are still way more talented head to toe than us. I think they still win.

if we win, we are stuck with Sam for another 5 years imo. All we need to do is sign him for a vet minimum basically on contract 2 lol

barfolomew likes this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We can get him Chase, Gainwell/Etienne, more OL help, a new HC, and see how he does.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I have this feeling Jets will win and be 1-3. Gase will not be fired after the game. At that point Mims and Bell will be eligible to come back from IR I believe. Not sure how things will go then. I’m certainly not saying the Jets would become good suddenly but if Mims looks good it could change the outlook.

Footballgod214 and barfolomew like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Every other team that is 0-3 would beat us and is better than us. There is nothing to worry about. We will be picking first.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We lose on thursday and Gase is gone according to some reports....Lets Go!!

Leicester Jet, SOJAZ, rickjet and 4 others like this.
  11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I think we stand a decent chance at beating out those other teams for the #1 pick. And, as much as I want Gase gone, we need him to stay to get this done. Greg Williams will get this team to a couple of wins, taking us right out of the Lawrence sweepstakes. As sad as it seems, keeping Gase on for the rest of the season is in the franchise's best long term interest.

Number 10 and barfolomew like this.
  12. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

A meaningless win against the Broncs should have absolutely no bearing on whether Gase stays or goes. When the Jets were down "only by 17" in the 2nd half, the offense failed to run the hurry-up once. In fact, I do not think they ran the hurry-up all game. These are things that all professional teams do to give the impression of being, well, a professional team. Just one example of many where this coaching staff appears to in way over its head at this point.

Jets organization needs an early season house cleaning to send the message that this sort of embarrassing incompetence will not be tolerated. Until admin realizes, among other things, they are being fleeced by a guy who has no clue how to coach, it is highly unlikely they will turn the corner.

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any of the Broncos this year. We look like we have a big Advantage playing at home, on a short week, against their second or third string QB. Has anybody seen anyting to make me think the Broncos can possibly win this game? They seem to be almost as bad off as we are.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I still don't see Johnson firing Gase until after the season at the earliest. Not because he does not deserve it, rather because Johnson will not admit his hiring error this quickly.

15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Let’s be real this game vs Denver is going to decide #1 overall

If Denver looses Elway will tank for Lawrence and if we loose to Denver we can’t beat anybody

REVISion and barfolomew like this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

The playoffs are already out of question. Only thing left to do is root for loses every game for Trevor. He has way more talent and heart than Sam ever did.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That would be our luck!

barfolomew likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, I think it's a tossup what would be best. If Gase stays, Sam will be ruined, and there's a good chance the other rookies will be as well, and none of the players who are slated to be FA will want to return, and likely few FAs in the league would want to come here. Lawrence may even pull an Elway or decide to stay in college. We would be totally screwed then.

If Gase is fired, there's at least some hope for getting Sam turned around, restoring some pride, and being able to retain FA players we want to keep and possibly being able to sign some FAs in 2021. In addition, it would give the fanbase some hope, no matter how small that may be. With Gase here, we will continue to be demoralized or all become apathetic.

#18 NCJetsfan, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  19. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

We really need to lose this game. Would be a huge fck up to win. Huge. This and chargers are the only two winnable games.

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I can't root for the jets to lose. Now EXPECTING them to lose, for sure. IMO this year is the result of terrible drafting and personnel decisions by our former GM. Trading away 3 second round picks AND a first rounder just to move 3 spots in the draft. Signing worthless, lazy pieces of crap like Tru Johnson, La Bell, Henry Anderson, CJ Mosely, Mo Wilk, Quin Enumwa. etc. to HUGE contracts--Have ANY of those millions that McIdiot shelled out for ANY of those guys paid off? . Totally ignoring the OL. Wasting draft after draft on guys like Darron Lee, Chris Hack, Chad Hansen, Ar Stewart, Leo Williams, etc. THIS is the result which I predicted over and over after every Mike McMoron off season. This is it--this is what happens when you stay five years with a way GM way over his head

ColoradoContrails, SOJAZ and Jets81 like this.