JD - time to get on the horn and trade for a WR

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Maybe CIN would be willing to deal AJ Green since glut of younger receivers... for one, I wouldn’t mind for mid round pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I would settle for any additions at this juncture. It's getting to a point where the Jets need to have nearly perfect QB play for them to have a chance to win - especially against a quality opponent. Now that Crowder is down, perhaps we're past that point. Considering Tate was a sixth rounder perhaps the Bengals would take a fourth rounder next year. Darnold had a bad game on Sunday, but in reality he didn't have much of a chance. IMHO very few QB's could have lifted the Jets to a win on Sunday. Anyway, JD should try to get other WR talent on the team (even if it costs future draft capitol) to at least make the Jets competitive this year and help assess Darnold going forward.

Unless JD has totally given up on Darnold (I think it's too early to do that) then why not get him some immediate help? There is no guarantee that Crowder and Mims (or the other WR's) will be back soon. You have to have some critical mass of talent at the WR spot to compete.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want him to be honest. He's hurt every year, he dropped several balls last week and had an offensive PI at the end of the Chargers game for a push off that cost them the touchdown. He's looked pretty slow to me to be honest.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Years of injuries does that to a man

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want him at this point either. He has been a fantastic receiver for the Bengals, when healthy, for a long time, but at this stage in his career, giving up a draft pick for a receiver that has lost a step and may not be on the field enough to warrant giving up the pick, it just isn't worth it.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im really not sure what Joe Douglas plan is at this point...Right now it looks like his plan is to leave the team with no talent on both sides of the ball.Id really like to know what he is trying to do here.If the plan is to draft 1 quality player a year then we are gonna be here for awile.

7. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

You think he only drafted one quality player this year? One game into the year with no preseason and the draft grades are in?

I understand that the word fan is short for fanatic but let's take it easy now. We all knew that this was going to be a shit-show of a season with covid. We all knew that JD was digging himself out of a giant hole talent wise thanks to the failures of past GM's.

JD hasn't been perfect - but so far his performance has been one of the few bright spots for this franchise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jonathan_Vilma and Snatch Catch like this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

Sorry man but i dont see it...I see a roster void of talent.The team was better year one then year 2.Other then Mekhi Becton ....It looks even worse with a guy like Gase who cant coach.Its hard to tell if its Gase,the roster or both.

nevbeats319 and BrickcityJet like this.
  9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It's official. JD is just another yes man...

94Abraham and nevbeats319 like this.
  10. LongIslandBlitz

What about trading a 1st for OBJ?

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There's zero sense in trading for anyone, all it would do is hurt our draft position. Best case situation is 1-15 and we clean house and draft Lawrence.

12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I think most fans are just pissed at overall lack of talent on the roster and the blame has to go somewhere. JD definitely gets blame for lack of any good receivers in FA. With all this cap room and knowing you need your 3rd year QB to have some weapons and Perriman is the best he can do? Cmon.....

Royal Tee likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If Darnold has a couple more weeks of looking like that I'll agree with you.

Either way, there's no point in trading for someone anyway. This isn't the MLB where a player come in and just has to hit and field their position. There's a fairly steep learning curve for the NFL (especially at receiver) before there's any noticeable impact.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Honestly it looks as though he just punted this season and is focusing on next year leaving Sam hang out to dry. Who knows he might want his own guy in there at QB. But the lack of talent at all skill positions is unacceptable if your trying to "compete" especially with Sam in such a pivotal year

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

15. LongIslandBlitz

I would trade that Seahawks pick now its gonna be a number 28 type of pick anyway.Its a throwaway pick.What a waste two late round firsts for Adams.

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Whatever player we get for that pick is going to be wasted this year, plus he might win us a game that we wouldn't have won otherwise and cost us the top pick.

17. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

2 first rounders are nice but with the Seahawks being so good, it’s almost like 2 early second rounders. Seahawks have super bowl level talent. I’ve never been a fan of that trade. We all know how bad the Jets draft in the second round....

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Adams burned every bridge possible. He had to go. Besides, we'd still be 0-2 with him right now. How previous regimes fared in round 2 shouldn't be an indicator of Douglas' abilities. His first 2nd rounder was a very reasonable pick who happens to be hurt. Can't blame the GM for that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. LongIslandBlitz

We can blame him for not giving Robby a better offer...It sends a bad message to future draft picks that if you develop into a top talent we are not going to pay you when its time.Adams and Robby both should have gotten paid

b.reyes16 likes this.
  20. SmoothLefty21

SmoothLefty21 Member

Robby was not a "top tier" talent. Sure, he'll be better in CAR with a better coach, better surrounding weapons and--sadly, at the moment--a better QB. If he was here he'd post another 50/750/5 season. He's not a real #1 WR, just like Perriman isn't.

I don't think Perriman, Mims, Crowder would be a terrible trio if they were all healthy and we had a decent coach. We haven't seen Mims yet, he could be great out of the gate; plenty of Round 2 WRs have been. Herndon has been tremendously disappointing given the huge opportunity he has right now. I hope we draft a TE next spring.

Royal Tee likes this.