Denzel Mims on Short Term IR

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Sep 15, 2020.

1. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Happened today which means he's out 3 weeks minimum.

Also signed that Kalen Ballage guy.

2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

We're gonna lose a lot of games then once we have nothing to play for we'll get players back healthy to win enough games to mess up our draft position and make ppl say "yeah but Gase/Darnold finished strong! A full season of everyone healthy and we can really be something".. cue another year of this hell in 2021

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Welp, looked forward to watching him be a nice red zone target as he slowly expanded his route tree. Guess that'll have to wait.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

One of the few reasons to watch this season was to see if Sam and Mims could start to build some chemistry ... and now that's out the window. What a curse it is to be a fan of this team. They give their fan base absolutely NOTHING ... year after year.

5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. We can’t seem to buy a break with a 2nd RD pick. I am predicting Mims returning in time for Colts and we win and then the Broncos at home and win to give us hope to be 2-2 in the first four games. Now that may not be possible unless Ballage becomes a Jerry Rice.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That would be strange for a running back. But I'd take it.

Sec124DieHard and Jets81 like this.
  7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

So far, Johnny Lam Mims

KWJetsFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I figured this would end up happening as soon as he was ruled out prior to week one.

The problem runs deep with this franchise. Denzel Mims is not the Jets "never having anything nice". It is sad that we find ourselves relying on ONE rookie WR as the potential to "have something nice". That's incredible.

We have witnessed years and years of failed draft picks. So much so, that Denzel Mims was our saving grace on offense because we have absolutely NOTHING else to rely on. That's absolutely appaling. Other franchises would have been upset to see a rookie WR go on the short term IR, but would chalk it up to coming back next year and would be good to roll with the other weapons they have.

It is easy to blame Douglas for not going further drafting and signing WR's, but I also do not throw much blame at him for rebuilding the offensive line first. This is going to take years to build and I have a lot of hope next year should be a big step in the right direction with a lot of money and many draft picks.

We are witnessing more and more every day the result of piss poor GMs and consistently horrible drafts. We find ourselves in this position because we have been an incompetent franchise for many years

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am ready to watch some other Team this Season ..I mean whats the point?

FTMR considering how bad Sam has been so far its not like I am expecting 3 TD catches by Mims

Really ..can we just put together a drive with a few first downs??? lmao

Expect nothing>>you wont be disappointed

matt robinson 17 and Jets81 like this.
  10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

There was a time when a Jets loss would ruin my day, if not part of my week. My priorities changed and I got to the point where the Jets needed to earn my viewership. I’ve passed up many Jets games in the last 5+ years in favor of other activities and I don’t regret any of it.

Gamepass is great in this regard. Another crappy performance? Watch the 45 minute commercial free edit. Amazing game? Watch the full 2.5 hours and take it all in. Don’t see that happening much this season, though.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think it was right before half time, but against Buffalo they listed a stat on the screen that I literally started laughing at out loud.

The Bills had 18 first downs at that moment and the Jets had 1.

It's a fuckin joke at this point

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I know you have to be lying because our head coach is an offensive genius.
    But you almost had me!

Since1969 likes this.
  13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

No team is fully healthy, but when you are short on talent and you lose highly talented players to injury, then it really hurts.

14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

The sad part over the last five or so years after the draft picks and summer training are completed, I forget who the Jets drafts picks are or who they selected within the first couple of games. Of the season. Of course there are few exceptions, Adams, Maye, Becton, Geno, Sanchez... I don’t know the team any more when they start the season. Draft picks have been horrible and few stand out. Thought Mims would stand out. Sad.

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Doesn’t matter. Ken Ballage is going to run all over the Niners.

MoWilkBeast and twown like this.
  16. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Where it took the SF 49ers one season to go from 4-12 (2018) to a Super Bowl appearance, many think it will take the Jets many seasons to go from 7-9 (2019) to a playoff appearance. And then there are the delusional ones who are pleading for patience from the fans after a decade of garbage teams.

17. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Jets81 likes this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

He's already broken two and hasn't played a snap.

MoWilkBeast, Pepsiguy5 and ouchy like this.
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I don’t expect the team to be legitimately competitive until 2022.

As many people have pointed out, last seasons 7-9 was a bit of smoke and mirrors due too having the easiest schedule in the league. We’ll see how good the team actually is when they play a tough schedule this season.