Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Funny you say that. I succinctly remember 2nd Kotite season sitting in sports bar, before Sunday ticket, and watching bubby Brister shovel pass right to Carolina LB, where he was surprised, and basically took it to the house. And the whole bar just exploded in laughter, and kotite making silly face... it was the worst day as 45 yr jet fan! I will never forget, being in jet green. Well we went 1-15 and parcells came in to turn it around, let me say we were better in one yr, missing playofffs in last game. And they said our talen was bad... it was a product and the bad coaching and culture created. Unprepared Every week, offense was putrid. This feels so eerily the same! It is deja Vu. Literally the loss to CiN and MIA last year, literally rivaled that Carolina game, and yes they were an expansion team we that yr! Just some history, hope it turns out same! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I had a bad feeling when Ian Rappaport said "keep your eye on Adam Gase for the Jet's job", Rap is usually pretty accurate and not much of a drama reporter. Then Kingsbury jettisoned, Rhule didn't get along with team structure....went down from there.

blackssmagic and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

The only thing I would and probably anyone could say in Gase defense is... The team finished 7-9 and didnt give up on him.

So all this other talk not being liked, and losing the locker room seems phony. Last year the team had every reason to go 4-12 but they didnt.

There were many bad, and horrible moments, but at the end of the day we went 7-9 with negative talent. Look at our team, and tell me who is a sure pro bowler... I dont think we have 1, unless Maye continues to play like he did in gm 1

4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The Jets had the easiest schedule in the NFL last year. The 7-9 record is extremely misleading. That's a 4 win team with anything resembling an average difficulty schedule.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The second half wins were against the 3-13 Redskins, 4-12 Giants, 5-11 Dolphins (who we also lost to), Raiders at 1 pm on the east coast, Steelers playing Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges, and Bills sitting their starters. We also lost to the 2-14 Bengals and got blown out by the Ravens. That's the easiest 8 game stretch ever; 7 of those games were cupcakes.

6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Only game we played well was the Dallas game! The rest of wins were against bad teams and we barely beat them. Buffalo tanked last game. We lost to 2 winless teams... 7-9 may look decent, but in reality it was like a hoax, that got is another yr of Gase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  7. azhar80

They are wins, if the team had given up on Gase those games would've been losses. These are bad teams and every good team plays bad teams, and beats them. We lost to Miami, and the Bengals for instance. We sucked last year, and came away with 7 wins with a garbage oline and a bad HC. But the guys still made enough plays for the bad HC to win.

8. REVISion

Statistically, the Jets literally had the easiest schedule in the NFL last year. Getting 7 wins was a curse in disguise because it convinced our idiotic owners that Gase did well enough to bring back another year.

We HAVE to be smarter as a franchise or we can look forward to another decade of mediocrity.

9. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

:D let's hope not but anything is better than Gase

barfolomew likes this.
  10. azhar80

The Jets played bad teams like every NFL team did. Heck we were a bad team and afc east teams got to play us 2x. Everyone has to play bad teams.

Again the Jets were a bad team, with a bad HC... I wont disagree. But to say the team sucked bcuz of Gase, or gave up on him is false. It's not like we had pro bowl players, and proven players. Look at our roster it was filled with unknown, unproven players. It's a miracle we won more than 4 games.

11. REVISion

You can't just say we "played bad teams like everyone else did".

We literally had the easiest schedule of any single team in the league. We will not have the easiest schedule every year. The team was far worse than the record would lead you to believe last year.

12. HomeoftheJets

The Redskins and Giants had already given up on their coaches, the Bills weren't trying to win Week 17, and the Dolphins front office was trying to tank. Also, players can have other motives for playing well that don't involve the coach, and besides, the players not giving up on a coach isn't anywhere near a sufficient reason to keep him.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A straight up trade - Gase for Patricia. Okay, throw in a bunch of hats with low brims and a couple pairs of sunglasses or Gase might not pass the medical.

14. HomeoftheJets

I'd be more concerned about the drug test...

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Going 7-9 in the easiest schedule we have had for an age but also losing to two teams who had zero wins at the time of the defeats.

#4255 K'OB, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So we add Ballage a shite RB but knows 'Gase' and dump a bloke back onto the PS where he has been for over a year and after scoring a TD, well that is some motivation for being on the PS.

Fucking Ballage.

At least it will be this bollocks last season as a HC and we be able to dangle a 1-3 pick in front of a new man.

Sack exchange likes this.
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Reminder to all of the fans who say FIRE GASE! and hope for it on a weekly basis: The Jets started (1-7) last year and Gase wasn't fired. So don't waste your time saying it anytime now until December. Nothing will happen. Maybe not even then........

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, nothing will happen if we don't call for him to be fired, so I might as well continue.

And even though I called for him to be fired before they even lost 7 games last year I knew he wouldn't be. Still, I believe someone has to call attention to his unfitness for the job. If nothing else, it allows me to vent.

19. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Adam Gase actually said this at today's presser:

"I'm glad you guys finally acknowledged we played a good defense

How is this guy a coach at the highest level of sports? If he's not fired this year, I'm convinced he has dirt on ownership.

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

[​IMG]
    This is how...