The Return of The Hidden Production: A Quinnen Williams story

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 6-10 once again, Feb 10, 2020.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

A push?! I'm so confused by that. One guy made the pro bowl his first year and the other was invisible the entire year.

It's too early to make a final call but saying it's a push so far is ridiculous.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You literally just did bro. You just ranted about how overhyped he was as a prospect. What are YOU talking about? He was the best defensive football player in college football.

Of course it doesn't mean it translates to the pros. But the point is, it's not like we took some loser with a third round grade. This pick just feels like it's much worse because of our garbage history with first round defensive picks.

BomberJet likes this.
  3. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Nothing translates when you’re doubled every play. We have zero edge pressure. Why. Or double Q?

BomberJet likes this.
  4. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

The most concerning thing for me right now about Q is that he is playing for Greg Williams. If GW can't get you to shine then that is on you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. REVISion

This is such a terrible excuse, and it's one we've used for every shitty DT we've drafted over the last 10 years and we still don't realize it's a dumb excuse.

You think other top DT's don't get double teamed? You think Nick Bosa doesn't get double teamed? Josh Allen? Aaron Donald? The good ones succeed anyway. We took Q with the 3rd overall pick! He is expected to do well anyway!

Also, do you honestly think other teams look at Q and feel they need to especially account for him? Why would they? He's been invisible his entire pro career so far. Nobody is scared of Quinnen lmao.

I'm literally lmao'ing at this excuse because our fans use the cousin of it when defending all the failed edge rushers we've drafted. "Just wait until he gets help inside, then he'll be free to attack the QB."

Lmao we never learn. It's hilarious. Some guys just suck. And we happen to draft a much higher % of guys who just suck than any other team in the league.

#185 REVISion, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Imagine we don’t win that meaningless game! We would have had Bosa, a generational talent... Josh Allen would have been good too, we pick Q, literally pulled my hair out after we won against Buffalo, then the draft I was livid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  7. Sack exchange

Don’t get me wrong, Q not bad player, just not #3 pick.... remember 2003 draft, we traded up for serviceable DT! Feels the same unfortunately.

8. Sack exchange

#4 pick in 2003 was Dwayne Robertson, we Gabe to 1st round picks to move up. Turned out not to be game changer, just serviceable player. Unfortunately I am getting same vibe here.

9. REVISion

Yep. It's absolutely infuriating. I wouldn't be so upset but I KNEW Quinnen was a terrible pick as soon as we made it. And here we are.

10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I said it in every thread leading up to the draft give me the kid that played 4 years in college, could've gotten drafted after his JR year but went back for his senior year and got better (ALLEN) vs the guy who played one meaningful season in college (Q). I knew just freaking KNEW from that alone

REVISion likes this.
  11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Did you see Aaron Donald literally push over half the cowboys OL Sunday night?? Not fair to compare Q to a guy like that but top DL get focused all game and still make plays

REVISion likes this.
  12. WoodyHarrelson

nick bosa, josh Allen, etc. are all edge rushers dude! Quinnen is a space eater. Don’t mention Aaron Donald because he’s an anamoly. Quinnen is more in line with guys like Cam Heywrad, Jon Allen, DaRon Payne etc.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If that's the case, using the 3rd pick on him was fucking moronic.

14. WoodyHarrelson

Not if we trade for a guy like Yannick or draft an edge guy. We just have so many holes we don’t develop enough of a team around certain pieces. Quinnen being one of them.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You don't use the 3rd pick on a space eater, no matter how good he is at what he does.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I never wanted Q. I tried telling posters that he was surrounded by great players at Alabama, he had only had one year of production at the collegiate level, and even then, he disappeared in big games, but few listened.

I wanted Josh Allen all the way. We hadn't had the opportunity to draft an elite Edge prospect in forever (Gholston didn't count). He was a fantastic prospect. He was a hard worker and wanted to be great. He had excellent speed and mobility. His production had improved each year in college, and he got better and better. He was equally good rushing the passer and dropping into coverage and was also good against the run. I think the only negative was that maybe he needed to add another move or two and counter move to his repertoire. He was the perfect prospect for us, and that fucking dumbass Mac took Q. It kills me. There within a two year span we had the chance to draft Mahomes and Allen, and Mac spit the bit on both. Just think where this team would be if we had Mahomes, Allen and all the picks Mac gave up to move up to take Sam, and Becton. I just threw up in my mouth typing this.

17. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Not a JD draft pick and neither is Sam Darnold .. Will just leave this here.

18. REVISion

Couldn't have said it better myself. Allen was so obviously the guy to take there. Mac's drafts set us back 5 years.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Whether you're disappointed in Q's performance or not, he is not the problem with this team -- far from it! Personally I did not want Q but for me it was simply a matter of positional value (like safety). Yes everyone loves a great DT but it's not where i would invest a top 5 or 6 pick. Others reasonably disagree and feel getting pressure up the middle is far more disruptive and effective than sexy blind side sacks -- so at least i get the reasoning. Typically there are several DTs picked in the first round every year, so Jets are not alone in thinking they are worthy of a top pick (I think some of us are biased because we got Snacks as an UDFA -- and like typical screwed that situation up, paying drunken bums like Mo)

Some perspective: http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/dt
    there are a lot of names on this list, where i think people would say "Who is that?" It's the nature of the position. Even for the names you recognize click on them and look at their stats. they are not sexy

That said, IMO it makes zero sense to be bellyaching coulda, woulda, shoulda (about the GM or the past) especially when the player by everything i've seen is doing the job as best he can and is doing what is asked. Ask yourself who is more to blame, someone like Q or someone like CJ or Trumaine

Hopefully JD can build this team with smart, tough, dedicated football players who love to play and with killer instinct.

BomberJet and ouchy like this.
  20. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Yeah I was just talking about this the other day. If the Jets finish like 2-14 ( real possibility lol ) Darnold looks like shit and Gase is let go, mabey JD brings in his own coach and they draft their guy at QB. We're pretty much at the start of another rebuild anyway and JD isn't tied to Darnold at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk