Ranking of Each Unit of the Team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If the Jets offensive line is 16th-20th in the league this year it's light-years ahead of where it was. And I think it will be honestly. We have NFL calibre players along the line now. We had 2 at most last year at any given time and musical chairs all season with guys like McDermott and Brandon Shell seeing more time than they should ever see on an NFL field.

#21 Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    barfolomew, K'OB and FJF like this.
  2. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I think our offensive line is a C+ to B. We have a few average guys and one potential stud. Thatbcombo could make a really good unit.

K'OB likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It surely can't be any worse than the last two years, that's for damn sure.

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When jets were burning 1st on dline 'Boys were burning 1st on oline. Neither teams done shit.

5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

These rankings might mean more when comparing teams with returning players. The Jets are bringing only 4 offensive starters back, in Sam Darnold, Jamison Crowder, and Alex Lewis. And Lewis was only a starter for part of the year last year.

Mekhi Becton, Connor McGovern, Greg Van Roten/Cameron Clark, George Fant, Denzel Mims, Breshad Perriman, and Chris Herndon are all essentially new players for the offense.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets will have those three (Darnold, Crowder, and Lewis), plus Herndon and Bell, so they'll actually have 5 starters back on offense. Not much better, but at least a little better. There will only be 2 new starters on D.

7. MaximusD163

I forgot to say Bell but that’s why I said 4. I include Herndon as a new starter because he only played a few snaps for the entire year.

8. NCJetsfan

But he was the starter in 2018, and the only reason he wasn't the starter last year was the suspension and injuries. IMO he should be included as a returning starter, rather than as a new starter.

9. MaximusD163

2018 was a different offense, and considering Herndon played 31.8% of snaps in 2018 and 2019 combined, anything you say about him is as much projection as a draft pick, and even more of a projection than free agents like Connor McGovern. Call him a returning starter if you want, but nothing about his circumstances look like a returning starter.

10. NCJetsfan

Yes, I realize that there was a different offense and HC in 2018. Gase was counting on Herndon to be a starter last year after Herndon's showing his rookie season and the chemistry he had developed with Sam. I'm sure that Gase has him as his starter this year as well, unless he gets injured. To say that he is as much a projection as a draft pick is utter nonsense and ridiculous imo! If you seriously think that Griffin is going to be the starter and/or that nothing about Herndon's circumstances look nothing like a returning starter, then I don't know what to tell you.

11. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Isn't Griffin still recovering from off season surgery? I think I read somewhere he "hoped" to be ready for the season.

Jet fan,off-season hype talk tells me Herndon is going to have a big year :)

K'OB likes this.