Quinnen working off the baby fat..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Aug 8, 2020.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I expect Quinney to take his game to the next level this year. I read an article that compared the rookie season of some of the best DLmen in the league. Most of them had unspectacular rookie seasons as did Quinnen. It looks like he traded some of the baby fat for muscle. Looking forward to seeing Q harassing QB'S this year.

nycarl, Brook!, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

4 seconds, not much of a clip is it?

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

A picture is worth a thousand words:)

4. K'OB

Well, I'd have liked a bit of a better view, it switches at 2 seconds and you see more of his running mate than him.

I am not slagging him off, I hope he comes back in lean and mean and ready to cause trouble, unlike Leo the insipid lion.

BudJet likes this.
  5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Holy shit you weren't kidding. Guy looks ready to toss around some offensive linemen.

BudJet likes this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Let's hope, because last year he didn't do shit

KWJetsFan and K'OB like this.
  7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I think people are really underestimating how his high ankle sprain affected his play.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He has great potential. People also forget the fact that the fucking guy DOMINATED other SEC offenses. He was 8th in the Heisman voting in 2018. I still don't think he was the right pick at the time. But I hope he becomes a monster and he very well could.

He had a rocky first year between the injury stalling him and probably getting slapped in the face by an NFL schedule and that includes the level of preparation and commitment to strength and conditioning it takes to be a pro. He wasn't ready for it. Ankle sprains are bad for anyone in a three point stands. That's the first pressure point of where your power is coming from. You feel that all the way up your leg as you try to compensate for it when you push off.

He will have a good 2020 if he stays healthy.

#8 Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  9. K'OB

The reason why I am a firm believer of not playing injured, he could have missed 3 or 4 game and got himself right and then proceeded to produce in the games after he healed and overall being more use to us in the long run.
    Commendable to play through pain but ultimately for him it was a futile gesture the same as Spencer Long, he shouldn't have been snapping the ball with injured fingers, ultimately playing through the pain got him cut as a wayward centre.

nycarl, barfolomew and Lon Chaney like this.
  10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

He should've sat for a month but then you know how the narrative would go - he's soft, injury prone, etc - especially on these boards lol.

I hated the pick at the time. I was a huge Allen guy. I will root for Q every day he is a Jet and hope he puts together a great season this year.

11. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Like others, if i were in charge i would have gone in a different direction with the pick

But i am pulling for him 100% and hope he makes a big step forward this year

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  12. K'OB

I have to confess he wasn't the one I wanted either, I remember staying up late to watch it and then his name being called and thinking yup typical Jets the one player we all didn't really want lol

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

He looks a lot more lean like he did in college.

People forget he has the ability as seen in the video above. He was a one year wonder in college but man was he a dominant 3T. And he pushed interior offensive lineman around at probably around 285.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He definitely look like he ballooned up a bit between his last game at Alabama and the start of the 2019 season. The injury didn't help but I think he was a bit star struck and loving life in the NFL while forgetting that he had to continue to work. I don't think this happens to all or even a lot of players. But I think it happens to some. I think it happened to JuJu Smith-Schuster last year too after his breakout year.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Guapo as fuck.

jonnyd, FJF, Dierking and 1 other person like this.
  15. K'OB

Maybe but he had to then become the number 1 WR and with a worse QB, I would love JuJu at the Jets but he was poor for one of many possible reasons and I am not discounting yours either.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

It's a little bit of a fringe-theory I guess. But JuJu has this amazing year and then comes out this year after getting all this media coverage (stories on ESPN and what not), hanging out with celebrities like Drake, posting social media stories of him driving 120 mph, and early on fumbled away a game vs. the Ravens and started to battle injuries.

Idunno. I just think he lost a bit of focus is all. His situation definitely got worse too as you said.

17. K'OB

You are probably not wrong, isn't Drake famous for being a jinx to sports stars?

It might be Premier League footballers, there was something weird like that from a couple of years back lol

18. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Watching those highlights and thinking to myself - Joe Burrow must hate the thought of facing Quinnen Williams!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Footballgod214 and barfolomew like this.
  19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Also hope he can play less over the center too...let him play in those gaps as a 3-4 end and let him eat.

barfolomew likes this.
  20. phill1c

phill1c Member

Ah, a possibly distorted comparison photo doesn't really say anything definitive.

He was a rookie. All the reasons rookies don't perform as well as they often do after the season applies.

Perhaps it's just plan unrealistic to expect more than we got out of him, given the circumstances.