23 years ago...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jul 29, 2020.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Congrats to U! Hopefully in the next 20 years the NYJs brings you championship :mad:

Petrozza and Brook! like this.
  2. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I dont post often but I like to see what people are saying when jets things happen its been 18 years for me so thanks for site

Leicester Jet, Petrozza and Brook! like this.
  3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I lurked on here for years before I signed up as a poster. I had to voice my disgust at the Tebow trade.

Unfortunately, approximately a billion other people joined that same week who wanted nothing more than to praise his undying awesomeness. As a result, anybody with a "Joined Date" like mine was considered a Tebot for a few years, and hailed with much derision. I think I'm the only new poster of that time who is still around-- thankfully. Screw those idiots.

Speaking of idiots, I do miss some of the other idiots who used to be here. Reading through the brilliant insults our gallant posters hurled at them was the best part of some bad days.

barfolomew and Petrozza like this.
  4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i was one of the earlier guys on the board, iirc i remember you posting a link on an espn message board and coming to check it out.

this board has really seen alot of things. alot of members and alot of guys that have come and gone. its wonderful but frustrating at the same time. i find i often have to get away from it or become less engaged because of the way that we as fans vent and express our opinions. i think it has also changed me as a fan a little bit. and to think how much i have changed as a human being in those 20 years is astounding.

even if i decide to take a break for a few months at a time i know i can always come back and things kind of pick up where they were fairly quickly.

i remember the crash that lost all of the original info and the new forums coming up and im sure going from a computer in your basement to some server farm at this point.

its been an adventure, its been fun. hope it sticks around for decades to come.

5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

One of my earliest memories of this site was someone posting this video with the caption:

PETROZZZZAAAAAA!!!!

Brook! and alleycat9 like this.
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Wow 20 years, congrats. I’ve been here since 04, so much has changed since then. Back in 04 I was young and good looking, now I’m just good looking.

Petrozza, dawinner127, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

TGG is now 0-20 in bringing the VLT to the NYJs

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well done!!!

NYJalltheway likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Petrozza for starting this site. Congratulations! Happy Birthday TGG!!!! Somewhere in the early 2000s I read this site for a couple of years, but didn't post. It was really ugly then with Mr. Electric and some others who were totally condescending and not respectful at all to others who dared to disagree with them. After that, I stopped reading the site for several years. This is my 5th or 6th fan site, I think. By far, this is the best Jets fan board I've been on. The level of knowledge, quality of discussion and civility are all better. Thanks for creating a great place for us to discuss all things Jets (plus more).

Thanks to all the moderators as well for your good humor, patience, and the way you keep things going so well.

#49 NCJetsfan, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

What was your name then?

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

wow 20 year is something...when I joined I had a 1 year old daughter. That kid is now 16 and driving and she has 3 sisters. I feel old

Petrozza, matt robinson 17 and Brook! like this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Started out in 04 as Attackett, had a few name changes since.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  13. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

When I joined you lot were all spaffing yourselves over Spivey. Didn't have a clue what was going on.

Met some fine people as a result of this site, which is awesome.

Brook! likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hippo again Christmas 2021? I assume 2020 will be a wash

donkey likes this.
  15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Be great (the first bit, not the second).

16. Dierking

Four girls and a wife? Toilet seat is always down in your house, huh?

Brook! likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Congrats on 20 years, Petro! There's probably been like 5000 people banned from this site and somehow I wasn't one of them.

Credit to you for sticking around and making this place work when other sites sold out to the highest bidder.

Also credit to you for letting the community define the forum instead of inserting your ego into things on the site, and for picking the right people to uphold the law. This forum has a thousand stories to tell because of the personalities that have found their way here and stuck around, because they were able to be themselves and contribute, even the annoying dipshit ones.

Good going, boss.

18. Dierking

In and out like a gotdamn ninja

Ralebird and Brook! like this.
  19. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Thank you for the site! I've been lurking since '03 and only created an account in '10 to post about...my optimism surrounding Rex Ryan. Sigh.

Was this a fever dream, or way back was there some dude on here who used to post pretending to be some sort of female European Jets superfan? They had the oddest posts...

Brook! likes this.
  20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Joined in 2002, still the 1st thing I look at every morning. You got me thru a lot of bad days at work, I survived Nyjunc hating Joe Namath. Thanks Petro