CJ Mosley opts out of 2020 season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 1, 2020.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Right, that’s what I need because DTV is available at my address. I need to find a relative who lives somewhere that it’s not available.

Falco21 likes this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Dude, the worst was the collections bullshit. It was listed under my wife's name, so they keep calling her and calling her. I finally got through to them and sent them my bank statement showing the payment. We stopped hearing from them for 3 months. Thought, "finally!"

Last week she got a call from a different collections agency. Apparently the first one sold it over to a new one. Now I had to write a handwritten letter disputing my claim with the bank statement, again.

It is straight out of a nightmare.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Unbelievable! I hope that it hasn't hurt your wife's credit rating! Maybe you ought to threaten to sue the dumbasses if they don't remove it.

4. Falco21

They haven't reported it. I had no idea because they were calling her and she never answers her phone.

When I found out, I blew a gasket and found out that it has not been reported. I also blew a gasket because my wife refuses to answer her phone. But that's an entirely different discussion LOL!!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

yall gotta get better at the googles ... I havent lived in ny in over a decade and I havent missed a single game that I wanted to see

MoWilkBeast and Trainer like this.
  6. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Same for me. I pay $10 per month and get every NFL game, NFL Network, and Redzone. It's out there if you know where to look.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

This is what I don't get it. If you are going to opt out for health concerns then that means you aren't going to the supermarket, you aren't leaving the house AT ALL, anything delivered to the home has to be cloroxed upon arrival. You will literally catch this virus anywhere, you don't have to be on a football team. If you go to the supermarket to pick up food, you will probably get it!

Honestly, for the most part it's pretty piss poor to opt out, I'll get a lot of hate for that but I don't care. There have been 16 year old high school girls and 60 year old woman who have been working at your local grocery store since March, through all of this. They don't have the option of "opting out" and still getting paid a VERY livable wage. I can't choose to opt out of my job (nor do I want to). This is a financially strategic move by these players.

Then on the other hand, the vast majority of these guys opting out for Covid will go out, ignore social distancing and live their own lives. I just wish some of them could be more honest and transparent, because a lot of aren't concerned with the virus itself, just the ridiculous lifestyle they will have to live for a virus that mostly manifests as asymptomatic or extremely mild in healthy people. Most of them are opting out because they don't want to live in a bubble and just want to have a normal life. They don't want to live by this ridiculous and inhuman guidelines imposed on them by the league and would rather just live their normal lives.

The NHL is becoming the only watchable sport. I think there were 2 players who opted out in the entire league, and there are no covid cases out of 7k tests, because guys who play Hockey want to fucking play, and love the game, and will make it happen. TI am so sick of the Cespedes', OBJ's, and Jamal Adams of the world, I become less enthused about any sport that is not Hockey every day that goes by.

red75bronco likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'm not going to give you shit but i disagree in mosleys case. sure fringe players I could see opting out since they can't get cut and get guaranteed a good amount of money to not play. for example if winters would have opted out he would have been guaranteed 150k plus it gives him a year to rehab and to stay on and earn the 7 mil salary he would have had in 2020 in 2021 but instead he got cut now.

someone like mosley it makes no sense. it's not free money. he isn't getting cut. He gave up 6 million this year to not play and instead only get 150k of that 6 mil. then next year he gets the 6 mil (less the 150k) instead of getting 16 mil.
    So mosley was supposed to make
    2020 10 mil roster bonus 6 mil salary total 16 mil
    2021 16 mil salary
    total 32 million in those 2 years

instead he makes
    2020 10 mil roster bonus 150k opt out money total 10.15 mil
    2021 6 mil salary total 6 mil
    total 16.15 mil in those 2 years

he cost himself 16 million by opting out (6 mil in 2020 and 10 mil in 2021) by opting out

on top of that it makes him cuttable in 2022 where we could save 5 mil and he'll be 30
    it almost guarentess he doens't get the 17 mil salary in each year of 2023 and 2024 either where we could cut him and save over 15 mil.

mosley lost a lot of money by opting out

rohirrim665 likes this.
  9. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Wow , that was excellent, thank you. Still a little vague on how all this works, I thought everything just got simply pushed back a year. Definitely not my strong point at all so what you said I trust. He can potentially make all the money that was initally in his contract, but he's putting himself at risk to be cut sooner, is that right? Either way it seems crazy, if he's concerned about health of his family then he really must be staying in his living room and not answering the door. You can get a virus anywhere, but that's his choice, fair enough. We are deep at LB.

10. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

just tell her to block the number or send it directly to VM suckers will learn soon enough

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LOL

12. Falco21

Problem with this is that I do not want them to report it to the credit bureau. They have not, thus far, but if they do, now I am fighting to have her score renewed. She has an 800+ credit score. That's the last thing we need.

The crazy part is they are going through this entire effort to make a lousy $27. The amount that DirecTV reported was $200, which I have proof we paid. They sold the account to the collection agency who is now charging me $227 LOL

Going through a HUGE effort for that $27!

13. Falco21

Moral of the story:

FUCK DIRECTV

If you can find a way to sign up for the Sunday Ticket without it, go for it. DO NOT sign up with those idiots.

14. Falco21

BTW, for the record, since we last spoke on Sunday, 12 more players have now opted out.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"I have to find that flame (to play) again" doesn't sit well.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Falco21

What the fuck?

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

That statement Mosley released yesterday should not sit well with anyone. Very VERY clear that this is about way more than just his family. And I firmly believe if he were playing for a good team, he'd be out there. I didn't think that before yesterday but now it couldn't be any more obvious.

ouchy, dawinner127 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  18. Falco21

Did you read his entire statement?

This isn't about the Jets. This seems to be about his mental health and physical health. I honestly think the injury last year really got to him:

“Because of COVID, my family is my support system with my son,” said Mosley, who comes from a military family. “So, I didn’t want to risk that obviously. But I think just looking at the big picture, for me, I want to make sure I’m mentally and physically the best person I can be so I can be that leader I know I can be.”

“It’s a full-team sport, (but) sometimes people got to better on their own,” Mosley said. “Obviously, we’re in a different situation. I got to look out for my family, too. Sometimes you got to make that small sacrifice that some people might not understand right now. But when you come out on top, everybody’s going to be on your side cheering for you.”

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I read the whole thing. It most certainly does not sound like he's making this decision because of COVID. Sure it's part of it and I don't doubt that he wants to keep his family safe but this reads WAY more like he just needs the year off to get right. I don't doubt for a second that he'd be singing a different tune if he were playing for a team that had a shot at the postseason.

20. Falco21

Again, I think this has to do with his injury last year both physically and mentally. You continue to conveniently overlook that and keep throwing blame at the Jets as a team.

He signals nothing in his comments about the organization. He references his family and his mental and physical health.