CJ Mosley opts out of 2020 season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yup, hence why he is getting rid of it. He got lucky that I am where I am and we were able to go through me.

He was paying north of $200 a month for basic TV and never used it. He kept it solely because of Sunday Ticket. Between me and my two sisters, he now has all the subscriptions to use for Netflix, Prime, etc. Cut that cable real quick!

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I also got pissed at Direct TV and switched to Dish Network last year. It was okay. No Sunday Ticket but the Redzone was pretty cool, especially if you're an all around fan who watches all the games. In fact, by seasons end I was watching it over the televised games when it wasn't the Jets.

However ATM Dish is saying the NFL removed the NFL network and Redzone. Don't know what the deal is but it is alarming. Does anyone else know what the deal is with Dish and the NFL?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Falco21

It was dropped in June of this year due to contract negotiations stalling between Dish and the NFL.

The hope is that they come to an agreement prior to the beginning of the season, but that is not a guarantee.

ouchy likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

$200 a month? If it's anywhere near that much, I guess I won't be seeing many more Jets games than I have been. I'm not paying that. That's crazy! I rarely if ever watch TV. The only show I care about on network TV is BlueBloods, and I have CBS All Access so I can watch it there. Literally, my TV hasn't been on in three months, even with all the extra time that Covid has brought.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

holy shit. We do know his motivation for opting out . Its called Covid-19, look it up

6. Falco21

Yup, agreed. Their prices are a joke. Essentially he was paying $2400 a year for basic cable and Sunday Ticket.

Now he paid $300 once and we have Sunday Ticket.

No brainer

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I have had directv and Sunday ticket for 20 yrs +. Since they 1st offered it. For the basic of basic tv on directv, it is not $200. And they give substantial discounts to new people. So, that said, I have watched every jet game last 20 yrs, I love it, and if not home can record, and they have app on phone that you can watch. I have to agree though directv can get super expensive if you have pay channels and exclusive package with DVR service...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan and ouchy like this.
  8. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

It is because they do not want to lose billions of dollars

9. Falco21

The cheapest package they offer in our area is $69.99, the choice package. That does not include the additional equipment you need, nor does it include taxes or fees. And that is for the first 24 months. After that, your bill doubles.

They offer fantastic rates, only for new customers. He went through a cycle of canceling every two years and switching between Dish and Directv before we started buying Sunday Ticket. If you are an existing customer, you are screwed.

10. Sack exchange

Here is a package they are offering:

Every live game.
    Every Sunday.
    Experience 2020 NFL SUNDAY TICKET—only on DIRECTV.
    Get it included at no extra cost with CHOICETM Package or above.
    Get the CHOICE Package for
    $69.99/mo. for 12 mos. + taxes

2 yr commitment to directv...

It is not so bad a deal when you get Sunday ticket free...

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I canceled my Direct Tv, which I only had for Sunday ticket after last season. Thankfully with my son now in college I can use his info to just get the Sunday ticket app.

All that tuition money paying off!!

The Dark Knight, NCJetsfan and ouchy like this.
  12. Sack exchange

Even the price I have enjoyed it, esp the jets games, since I do not live in ny anymore. when I call they always give me offers to lower the bill with plenty of discounts, since been customer for over 20 yrs.

If you use the deal they are running, worth a shot to see if you like it. I have considered cancelling, but I am jet for life, I suppose. Lol. Even last 5 yrs painful to watch!!!!

Good luck, I think you will like the Sunday ticket... if you choose to try.

13. Falco21

Again, that is entirely dependent on your location and that does not include the equipment, HD boxes, or taxes and fees. And you're locked in a 2 year contract. When that contract is up, you are screwed. That price is doubling in an instant.

And their customer service is fuckin terrible. My wife and I have been fighting a collections company for over a year now for a $200 charge DIRECTV reported to them that we never paid. Not only do I have proof that we paid it, but I currently have ATT as my cell phone and our new home has Uverse. So I am an existing customer that pays them over $300 a month in cell phone and TV subscription, yet they have a collections company going after us.

They are a terrible company

14. Falco21

I do have Sunday ticket. Read my comments above lol

We get it without directv

15. Sack exchange

Not going to disagree, since att bought they have gone way downhill. Overall last 20 yrs total, directv was pretty good to me. Sorry to hear you had issues. But that said w/o it, I would not be able to watch jet games. :).

16. Sack exchange

Well that is good. Wish I could do same. It is my main reason for having directv. I think the other guy was inquiring about it.

17. NCJetsfan

Thanks. I'll definitely check them out once I get my new home.

18. NCJetsfan

That's what happened to me in 2005, except it was only a one-year contract. Then the price doubled, and I said goodbye to DIRECTV.

YIKES! Sorry to hear about your problems with AT&T. I've never had Uverse, but had AT&T as my cell carrier for about 15 years and never had a problem. I switched to Verizon 2+ years ago because they had a phone I thought I liked and didn't like the phones AT&T offered. The service was OK, but Verizon wound up being more expensive. I'm now with Consumer Cellular.

19. Falco21

It's been a nightmare on all fronts.

I just recently traded in my Galaxy S8 plus for the S20 Ultra. Normally I buy the phone outright, but with my trade in, they offered me a $12 monthly payment with the credits applied. So I figured, absolutely I'll do that.

After 4 months of my bill not changing and them having my trade in, I finally filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Got a call from the office of the president of ATT and he resolved the issue. Last month's bill just went back to the high amount again. He is now fixing it for the second time.

ATT has been an absolute nightmare for me on all fronts. Whether that's with Directv or with my cell service.

20. NCJetsfan

Holy Shit!! Sorry to hear that!!! That is legitmate nightmare stuff.