CJ Mosley opts out of 2020 season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 1, 2020.

1. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

I am done talking to you ‍:rolleyes:

joe likes this.
  2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

We ALL know the reason...

let’s be real

but we are all politically correct and have to say the right thing not the truth

even I say he did the RIGHT thing for heself doe

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree that Mosley is not getting anything in this scenario. His finances are being protected if you are right, and there are apparently no penalties or downside to doing so, so that is something pretty big. His contract is being pushed back a year, so the Jets will still have him under contract for 4 more years. Depending upon how it plays out, that could be a positive or a negative for either side, but doesn't seem like it would be a win-win. Now they may decide to opt out after two more years, but if they decide to keep him, he will get his full contract.

You're right that I didn't know that if the season was canceled after one game, players would lose the rest of their salary for the year. That does make it different. As I said earlier, I'm not upset with Mosley, especially if he is truly doing it for health reasons, or even for financial reasons. OTOH, I wouldn't have done it if I were in his shoes after missing all but one game last year with all he was being paid. I would have felt obligated to the team to play this year come hell or high water, unless I truly had a strong medical reason not to play.

If the season is cancelled after one game, players shouldn't lose their entire salaries for the year. I could see the owners and players splitting the difference and the players getting half salaries. It's not like the owners can't afford it.

4. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

So I assume he will just isolate in his house for the next 6 months then. You know, now delivery, no leaving house, no outside visitors, to protect the family and all.

rohirrim665, ouchy, dmw and 1 other person like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I agree that it would not be a good reason, it would be childish, but I never thought Adams would act like he has, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that could be part of the reason Mosley is sitting out this season. I hope that you're right that it's due to Covid, rather than for financial protection as Maximus suggests, but I could understand if that was his reason.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

I'm crushed. Don't know how I'll get over the blow.

7. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

You are on my ingore list, bye!

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

You won't though. You have been sucked into the Jets vortex of ineptitude from which there is no escape. You belong to them now.

We all float down here.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not sure why the NFL doesn't opt out of the 2020 season...

The Dark Knight and KWJetsFan like this.
  10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

24 posts putting 23K posts on ignore and bragging about it. I'm impressed. What Congressional subcommittees are you on?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Billions of reasons.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

What would Ronnie Lott or Joe Klecko do?

This is the me generation. It used to be 80/20... now it’s 20/80.

If I told the Jets how dedicated I was to football to get the big $$ contract + I’m a “leader” making this sort of coin, I’m putting myself up in an apartment for the season and telling my wife and kids, I’ll see them in a few months.

I used to travel for work in 3rd world countries with far greater risk of disease vs Covid for months at a time only I did it for a $53k salary...

They are paying these guys too much so this is what you get.

rohirrim665 and RochesterJet like this.
  13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . Good "reasoning." . . "Kid?" . whoa...

. . ...and with good reason

ILoveTheJets likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

I hope they can play the season. I think it would be horrible to waste a complete year of these players' careers, but selfishly, I want football. It's the only sport I follow or care about. I was even thinking of springing for the NFL network so I could see all the Jets games this season and not have to depend upon CBS.

15. NCJetsfan

After all we've meant to each other? Boo hoo

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

NFL network won’t get you all Jets games. You’ll need Sunday ticket for all Jets games which is only available through Direct Tv.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

My father just cancelled DirecTV and ordered the Sunday Ticket remote package.

He had to use my home address because if they offer DirecTV in your area, you have to sign up for DirecTV to get Sunday Ticket. If they do not offer DirecTV in your area, you can order the Sunday Ticket by itself and stream it on a phone, tablet, Fire Cube, etc.

Spent $300, so they better have the fuckin season lmao!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I need an address to use for that. I have a 4 screen rig for watching Sundays now so I want take proper advantage of it.

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

When you sign up for just the Sunday Ticket, it requests the address to see if it is available for you. If the address is denied, that means DirecTV is offered in your area and you would have to order DirecTV which comes with Sunday Ticket now.

We got lucky because I live in an association and we pay for alarm, internet, and TV through the association fee every month with Uverse. They can not offer DirecTV to me because we do not have a choice to change.

20. NCJetsfan

and

Thanks, guys!

CRAP!!! I hate DirectTV. I had it years ago. It was too expensive and the service was lousy. I replaced it with Dish. The service was better and it was cheaper. I'm looking to buy a house now. I hope to be in my new house by mid-September. I guess that will have to be part of the new house expense. I've been renting for the last 5 years and was not allowed to get a dish installed so I could get DirecTV or Dish.