BREAKING: Jets Trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Aero, Jul 25, 2020.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I was out of town and just learned about the trade today.

My immediate response is our future is being built on Jamal Adams tears.

Adams was going to ask for an insane contract that would have broken our roster anyhow.

I don't think there has ever been such a great return for a safety in history. I know he has made several good plays. But IMO that one play where Adams ripped the ball from Jones and ran for a TD got us a second 1st rounder. One play! lol

2. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Ahhh...Mehta's next job opportunity......he'll fit right in...

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

To be fair, the core of those picks did lead us to 3 playoff appearances in 5 years and 2 championship games. Between Penny, Farve, and Sanchez we didn't have a QB we could rely on.

4. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I have said the same all along. Give the kid a good oline and watch him light it up.....even more true now because we SHOULD have some decent receivers in this group.

Brook! and Falco21 like this.
  5. Jamal gave the Jets little choice.Theres no way they could occupy a significant portion of their cap on a player at a non impact position who is divisive in the locker room & throughout the organization.Im sorry.he showed his true colors.Even erasing calling out Woody,Gase & JD..hes still a selfish me first player willing to publicly lie,criticize & point the finger elsewhere around every turn to manipulate situations in his favor.Its pure team poison. There is literally no good argument thats going to change this. In the ultimate team sport guys like jamall are cultural kryptonite

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

His upside at safety was not enough to erase the negative he brought with him.

Tying millions of dollars into a safety who is a me first guy, would have been foolish, especially on a team you are looking to build for the future.

7. Exactly.And even worse was the perception that he was the face & leader of the whole team. Just bad mojo all around

NCJetsfan and Falco21 like this.
  8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I heart Nick Mangold

Red Menace, K'OB, themorey and 6 others like this.
  9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I want Adams to retire a Seahawk too. And I'd like it to happen this year, after a devastating week 14 loss.

themorey and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Same reason the giants shipped off ODB. we got way more in return though for adams

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, and he also wants a new contract twice a year.

12. Falco21

LOL!!

Did Adams really say that?!

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Falco21 likes this.
  14. Falco21

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Did you leave your smart phone home? ;)

K'OB likes this.
  16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

defund the seahawks!

themorey and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My friend is a Seahawks fan, and he paid me a pretty big sign of respect. He said he was excited to get Adams, but knows I am the biggest Jets fan he has met, and I never owned an Adams jersey or talked much about him. So that made him caution his excitement. :D I told him that Jamal is a great player, but I am just not a fan of Me-First people. Jamal always acted like that. He was the most annoying player the Jets have had in a long time. It was okay though, because he was great on the field, so we all tolerated it. Then things got out of hand ever since he was benched Week 2 last year. I never liked him always separating himself from the team either. It was so annoying, as if he is a winner, but the rest of the locker room were losers. That is not how team leaders act. And it is how he really thought and clearly still does. Why would you want a guy like that on your team?

Throw in the fact the Jets roster is still re-building, and you are supposed to pay him $17-$18 million a year on top of all his crap? It was a bad situation for Douglas. Having said all of that, you can't help the hand you are dealt. Jamal was the Jets' best player, so I still could understand potentially extending him despite how toxic he was. Joe Douglas, on the other hand, is The Man and did what needed to be done. And he did not just get rid of the toxic energy in the locker room, he replaced it with two 1st Round Picks, a 3rd Round Pick and Bradley McDougald. Remarkable.

Anyway, I think I explained it well to him, and now he is even more unsure about the Adams trade. :confused:I said maybe with Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll there, they can keep him under control and just let him play ball. He really is a great player. He just needs to focus on football and stop being a distraction. Time will tell.

K'OB likes this.
  18. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I guess the only thing JA is really "Prez" of is blowin smoke and BS. This guy was SUCH a disappointment :rolleyes:.

Mangold's post says it all.....love that guy. Always did.

NCJetsfan and Falco21 like this.
  19. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

"A leopard never changes its spots" jumps to mind..........

The Dark Knight likes this.