BREAKING: Jets Trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Aero, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Jets fans are bombarding Russell Wilson with congratulations on the recent birth of his son and suggesting he take the year off to protect the newcomer from COVID-19. Some have even suggested Wilson take two years off.

2. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

if Wilson opts out they don’t just become very beatable - they become a bottom 10 team.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure his wife already pooped it out.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It wasn't just attempting to make a trade with the Jets. All their leaks about negotiations and such were just attempts to poison the well and force the Jets to get rid of a player for cheap.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

26 is an educated guess as to were we will be drafting when we re-coup the Jamal trade. I picked 26 or 27 just to move the discussion along. Seems about right.

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well, I guess we will find out next year if the season even goes ahead but basing an argument on a guess is never good.

I will continue to hope for a top 20 pick lol

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Russell Wilson should opt out.

He has a newborn, it's the only right thing to do.

8. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I’ve been saying forever, we will never be a championship franchise because we don’t retain talent.
    Draft picks are gambles. There I no guarantee that either first round pick will be as productive as Adams.
    I’m not even a big Adams fan, I’ve been critical of him since day one, but his stats are strong, and his accomplishments are real.
    I don’t have any new Jets gear, this season will determine my future fandom. My 30 years have proven that for whatever reason this organization cannot create sustainable success.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL

I think you are correct. I just saw a number next to him and it saying he has passed his physical. My bad!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Every cloud has a silver lining.

I almost want to wish for a 2/14 season now.

GreenWhiteandGold likes this.
  11. Falco21

So your future fandom is determinate on a season during a pandemic? Lol

Our problem is not retaining talent. Our problem is that we have had incompetent GMs over the years that have drafted poorly and have put us in cap hell year after year. Of course draft picks are gambles, but draft picks are the building blocks to a long term winning franchise.

We were never going to win a championship because of Jamal Adams. A safety will not make or break a team. We have spent countless years struggling to find out identity at QB. That will make or break a franchise.

JetBlue and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  12. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Wilson won’t opt out, it would be really weird after all of the twitter stuff excited about Jamal. I know what I would do. I have a 21 month old and a 6 month old, I would not play football. I just think it would be weird for them to make this move if there was any inkling that would happen.

13. Falco21

Crazy to think we have 4 first round picks in the next 2 years!

I can not express enough how happy I am with the Jamal Adams trade.

I still think we need to trade for Ngakoue or sign Clowney. We need a pass rush desperately

Brook!, FJF and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

The last time we had four #1 picks in so short a time, we built a very exciting team that got crippled by Penny10's noodled shoulder.

Some of you don't seem to believe in Sam, which I find strange. The only thing he's lacked is two seconds to decide which below-average receiver to throw to. He has all the skill, smarts, and attitude, and he's still a puppy.

Having this ridiculous draft capital as Sam and JD hit their primes is going to make us a contender. Book it.

MoWilkBeast, jixxjr, Brook! and 5 others like this.
  15. Falco21

Agree!

The stats show Sam Darnold is brilliant when given proper time.

He was pressured on less than 34% of dropbacks (league average) in only 8 of his 26 career gamess. In those games:

156/229
    2,039 yards (8.9 per attempt)
    16 TD
    6 INT
    108.3 passer rating
    7-1 record, 29 PPG on offense

Uh, yeah

Brook! and FJF like this.
  16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

What great talent have we lost that significantly represents an inability to retain talent versus the players we’ve kept?

In the 30 years of your fandom since 90, the only significant players we lost prematurely would be Keyshawn, John Abraham, Lavernius Coles, and now Adams. Revis we moved on at the exact right time and got the best out of him.

in that same period we retained just as many great players through their prime — Chrebet, Mawae, Brick and Mangold, Curtis Martin, Revis, Pennington.

there’s no greater inability to retain players versus retain great players for the Jets, and without an analysis of every team’s loss of players it impossible to argue it’s a ratio of loss versus retainment different from any other teams.

what the Jets have done poorly, compared to more successful teams, is draft well and replenish talent when they lose existing proven players.

#416 JetBlue, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  17. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Santana Moss, DL Richardson, Demario Davis, Danny Woodhead are a few more.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Inability to keep, which in the context of this discussion is players not wanting to be here, is not the same as making a bad decision like with Woodhead. The other players were no big loss upon letting them go. Every team loses players like Moss or Davis.

besides, how does trading Moss — to get Coles back I believe, equate to not being able to keep Moss? That was a deliberate choice to simply exchange him for a comparable player.

#418 JetBlue, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    FJF likes this.
  19. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It’s true, I’m not sure where this narrative came from. The Jets elected to trade Sheldon Richardson after off the field issues. I wouldn’t say that was really a right or wrong move. Trading away Leonard Williams was the right move. The Jets were able to extend Wilkerson, it just turned out to be a mistake. They extended Revis and he played for 3 years under that extension before he got hurt and was traded. The real issue is that for the most part the Jets have not drafted players truly worth keeping. Jamal Adams is an outlier.

Hopefully that is different now.

JetBlue likes this.
  20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The best part will be when fans see the Jets are actually making progress in 2020. Once that happens, you can then look at the future and see the cap space and draft picks and realize: The future is finally bright.