BREAKING: Jets Trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Aero, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Its hard to take her seriously though because 15 seconds after that comment she has a big gaffe. When talking about why Adams might be so eager for a new contract she cited his "story."
    " [Jamal] Adams' father, drafted 19th overall by the NY Jets, had a great few seasons, has a hip injury, his career is OVER."

George Adams was a NY Giant, not a Jet. He was injured in training camp of his second season and he never had a great season, let alone great few season(s)

ukjetsfan and Brook! like this.
  3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Good, I figured Adams was the one lying about this shit

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL she also says that now players that come to the Jets will think they are able to strong arm their way out of a contract and get traded

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  5. Darnoldisit

Darnoldisit New Member

It's not just the quality of player that we traded away, it's also the big mouth. If a player is a malcontent here, he will most likely be that in Seattle also, and the disruption in the press and the locker room has to be taken into account. A favorite saying of mine is: When someone shows you who they really are, believe them. If Adams can insult the coach and gm here, why won't he do it somewhere else when things go bad there?

I doubt that Seattle wins multiple superbowls in a row, so when they lose the division vs SF or lose to the Cowboys in the wildcard round, or if Russel Wilson gets hurt (anyone think Adams will be a big supporter of Geno Smith), or when Carroll retires, who honestly thinks that Adams won't bitch again? Imagine that Carroll retires and they promote Schotty from OC to HC- Adams will whine and whine about how he doesn't know defense.

How about if Seattle doesn't want to pay him as the top safety in the league? I'm not familiar with the specifics of the deal, but Russell Wilson's contract is 140 million for 4 years. How much will be left over to pay the rest of the team? Adams is supposedly getting a contract after next year- what if he gets hurt, or his play drops off. He will whine about only being paid 3 million and change this year and then not getting the top deal. And some reports were that he wanted to be the highest paid player on the team- who thinks he won't poison that locker room eventually?

I don't know too much about Seattle but didn't they let the legion of Boom breakup because they were becoming divas? They got rid of Sherman and Kam and now they will put up with this ass? I hope he's a one year rental there and they trade him to Washington.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It now appears that Adams really started all of this mess speaking with Dallas players trying to get them to lobby the Cowboys to trade for him before the trade deadline last year. So Adams getting upset by Douglas listening to offers for Adams or not getting offered a contract in January is BS, just more lies and drama from that POS.

K'OB, KurtTheJetsFan and rohirrim665 like this.
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

He still has the same contract...how the hell did he strongarm his way out of it if he still has it?

players have always been able to whine their way into a trade. This is what happens when your hiring practices are not based on an employees ability to grasp basic tenets of logical reasoning.

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Which is a vast improvement on them coming here and thinking they are getting a huge payday for fuck all effort.

twown and Cman68 like this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I looked at some mock draft (yes they are already updated with this trade) and there are two massive guards coming out from Georgia. I also looked at video of this swiss army knife WR/PR/KR who is electric out of Purdue. He's smallish but great speed and illusive. Pretty exciting guy to have and we should be about getting Darnold as many weapons as possible. In Joe D we believe.

#329 boozer32, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    JetsKickAss likes this.
  10. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Hopefully this becomes this day and age's equivalent of the early 90's Hershal Walker trade for the Cowboys and propels them way up the talent ladder with all those picks.

I'm not seeing how this situation could have possibly been resolved any better or with a more favorable outcome.

boozer32 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Not only that, but even back in 1985, as the #19 overall pick, Adams probably only made $4-5MM total including maybe $1.5 MM in bonuses, etc.

Jamal probably made more on his signing bonus than Uncle George made in his whole career.
    If Jamal saved and banks the rest of his rookie contract, he is set for life and never has to worry about money again. And that's without the mega-2nd contract he'll get, which sets up his grandkids for life (assuming he doesn't blow it, like 1/3rd of all atheletes do).

12. NCJetsfan

Joe Douglas' comments in Cimini's article on ESPN are diametrically opposed to what I heard on the NY Post today. There were 4 people discussing the trade and one of them claimed that once Adams trashed Gase, Douglas and Woody the Jets were determined that Adams would not play for them this season and were determined to trade him before TC go into full swing. The latter makes more sense to me.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  13. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I guess it’s good to be hopeful but none of those guys are core players, not even one of them. Right now a realistic hope is that Quinnen Williams, Sam Darnold, Mekhi Becton, and Denzel Mims cold be core players. Anyone else you can hope for starter to contributor status in a realistic manner I think.

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

15. NCJetsfan

No, they're not core players, but then they don't have to be. One can't have a whole team of core players. On every team in addition to the core players, there are solid starters, role players, part-time contributors, solid solid backups, some jags, and some young players that the team hope develops

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

I used to think this trade was amazing, but when you think about it another way it might not be quite as great. If the Jets had the #6 pick in the 2020 draft and Seattle said we want your #6 pick and will give you our next 2 years first rounders (likely towards the bottom of the 1st round) and swap our #3 next year (likely bottom of the 3rd round) with your 4th round (likely at the top) would you do it? Even if they throw in the safety we are getting im not so sure I do that deal. PLUS the #6 pick is far from a sure thing and Adams is. I know Adams had to go because he was a real headache, but for everyone thinking we fleeced Seattle I dont think thats really the case.

JetsKickAss and Footballgod214 like this.
  17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Eh it's really tough to look at this trade in that aspect. Because pick wise, that 6th pick in a draft could be used on a position that holds more value to the team. Maybe it's a edge rusher, or a QB or something to that effect. In that world, you would be correct.

You can't look at this trade that way though. Jamal is a great player but he doesn't play a premium position. Add to the fact that he's rumored to be wanting to be paid amongst the highest paid defensive players (not even as a safety IIRC) and the fact that he literally forced his way out of here, it was deemed a haul by standards. Two first rounders and a 3rd, plus a good safety for replacement purposes. You really couldn't have asked for better. Yes these 1st rounders likely will be in the 20's or later but having extra 1st rounders, where you likely will get the pick of the best of collegiate players around those picks is worth it. Hell Joe could get creative, and package picks to move up to grab someone at a position of need. The ammo is there to improve this team with these picks, Joe just has to find the right guys.

I'm also curious as to Jamal's new role with the Seahawks. They really stick to their guns as a defense, mostly a cover 3 look. Jamal likely won't be used as much as a pass rusher, or moreso as a weapon (unless they design concepts to free JA to be himself) but he likely will be playinig more zone concepts as a SS then ever. He may flash moreso in the role of a Kam Chancellor for example to at least still use one of his best assets as a run stuffing beast.

18. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

You're missing the fact that the Jets got 3 full seasons of production out of that 6 pick, at rookie contract rates, first. Then they trade him for mega assets.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

jilozzo and twown like this.
  20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

These are the sort of minor details that no longer matter in the world of journalism. These 'minor details' used to be called 'facts', but they are not considered important any more and certainly don't need to be checked before you start flapping your gums on TV or the internet.

Brook! and MJK like this.