BREAKING: Jets Trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Aero, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's the oldest coach in the NFL right now at 68. He'll be 70 in 2022 and ready to move up into a lifetime emeritus role for the Seahawks.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah absolutely my thoughts. Seahawks fans were saying the same thing. You think if they were trying to jam one more SB run in they'd try to sign more than one offensive lineman while letting two walk. And settling on a bust at right tackle and a dinosaur at left tackle.

They still actually have some talent on the roster though. The offense is just going to be Russ running for his life as it's been for 3-4 years.

Br4d, MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  3. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I will say this. I am a big Jamal fan. Jets lose the most important vocal leader and key defensive player. He will be a big loss. He is a perfect fit for Carroll.

We get some valuable picks in the next 3 years to build the team properly. A lot of good things could happen in the next 5-7 years.

with Football potentially not being played at limited capacity this year, this may turn out best for both teams. Sorry to see Jamal go. Gase sucks and as evident by many players in past, he s not a team coach. Moving on, it was a trade that was best for both sides.

Brook! likes this.
  4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Couldn't be happier with the way the trade worked out for us. After the Manish hit-job, I thought for sure Mal's trade value diminished for the Jets; we'd end up moving him for nothing of great value. For JD to come away with that haul... major props.

Good riddance to Jamal IMO. Helluva player, but soured away any chance of this fanbase ever rooting for him again.

Brook!, Mogriffjr, hornblower and 3 others like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

As Alfred E Newman of Mad Magazine has said>>>"what me worry?"

If we Flashback to the 2020 draft you get an idea of how dangerous Douglas can be come Draft Day given enough chips to bargain with: He got WR D Mims in Rnd 2 and that was a pretty good Trade Back going from 48th to 59th and also getting an extra 3rd round pick. You could also argue Mims is better than the WRs Claypool and Van Jefferson he passed up in the process.

Rnd 5 Douglas steals us a potential good corner in Bryce Hall...Pundits rated JDs Draft a B+

You answered your own question Vilma ..my guess is that the 1st rounders get parlayed into several outstanding second rounders

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It’s quite a ways out, so everything is subject to change. However, we lack premier talent in almost all premier positions. Assuming Darnold works out as a long term answer, these are my priorities heading to the future with all of these picks.

1. Edge+CB
    2. WR
    3. LB+IOL
    4. TE
    5. RB+OT
    6. CB+WR
    7. LB

I think the Jets need a nasty Outside Linebacker and a Cornerback more than anything. Then continue to add a talented WR who slid out of the first round. Then give me a Guy who can play Guard and Center, and a very athletic linebacker prospect in the third.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd argue that WR is as big of a need as Edge and CB. Even with Mims, the group is weak. Sam needs playmakers.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Literally their only above average positions on paper are linebacker - where the starters are practically all coming off major injury, and RB where the main bellcow had a poor season last year. Other than maybe Bell (which is not likely at this point) do they have a top five player at their position in the league? Even top ten?

CB and DL are below average without one impact player, even if CB is better than it was last year that ain't saying much, and safety has definitely taken a step back. WR is still among the bottom five or so teams in the league. I don't even know if you could call TE an above average position considering Herndon's problems lately and the fact it's basically a half season of production out of Griffin. QB is still a question mark. Special teams are eh...the kicking sucks, hopefully the punter is good, returners are ?

9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It is amazing to think Carroll's almost 70 at this point. Makes ME feel old.

But yeah I think he'll stick around about as long as Russ does.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Long time no post - anyway - not sorry to see Adams gone after all the carry on over the last few weeks and impressed by the haul they got for him (especially when you figure he will be pushing for $14m+ a season very soon) - turn those picks into some quality along the OL and a top tier WR please.

Brook! likes this.
  11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I’m not saying it’s less of a need, just where I prioritize it in the draft.

twown likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Who made this? Too good. :D:D:D
    [​IMG]

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Word is you were in jail and ratted out UKjet.

Brook! likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone made it, looks like an actual picture to me.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would be worried if Macc was still here and 1) made this trade and was in charge of all these draft picks.

Brook! and themorey like this.
  16. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Brook!, rickjet, MoWilkBeast and 6 others like this.
  17. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

So Marcus Maye is now our top safety -- can we lock him for 4-5 years at decent $$$ ?

Guys, I'm telling you.....I will be SHOCKED if one of the 2 picks isn't Top 10. Here's what the Seahawks are projected to do via the Over/Under Rankings:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/05/08/2020-nfl-schedule-over-under-betting-totals-gambling

They have a pretty tough 2020 schedule. Imagine these scenarios:
    • The Jets stink (we pick Top 10) and the Seahawks are good (Pick is mid-20's)....we combine them to move into the Top 5 (!) or keep them and add depth.
    • The Jets are mediocrish (we pick Mid-Teens) and the Seahawks are good (Pic is Mid-20's)....again, combine to move into Top 10 or use them both.
    • The Jets are good (borderline-playoff; we pick around 20) and the Seahawks are mediocre (pick is mid-teens)....again, we can move into Top 10 or use 2 picks.
    • The Jets are mediocre (Pick is mid-teens) and the Seahawks are bad (Pick is about Top 10).....we use them to move into Top 5 or use both.
    I loved Jamal's talent but not his mouth. He's a selfish player and would have been a cancer in the locker room. You can't pay a safety $20 MM unless he's Ronnie Lott.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Don't we have enough TE's on the roster already?

K'OB likes this.
  19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I would be pretty pissed if the Jets moved up in either of those drafts.
    We need multiple quality players to turn this around.

Brook! and twown like this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yikes. Not having a deal in place after trading that many assets is horrible business. Jamal has all the leverage after this season.

themorey likes this.