First Leo Williams then Jamal. Joe Douglas is killing it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

What a haul for a disgruntled player in Adams. And what a haul it was last year when he suckered Giants in trading a 3rd and a 5th for an underwhelming player in Leo.

Joe D is really good in bargaining and I am glad he is the GM of Jets.

Baumeister, BudJet, boozer32 and 11 others like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It looks like we have finally nailed that position, I would like to think it was because Woody isn't in charge of the team but I very much doubt that he hasn't been consulted and was still a part of the decision process.

Brook! likes this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Is Darnold next?

4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I might get killed for this but I'm ok with him trading Sam for a nice haul and getting HIS guy !

boozer32 likes this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'm so in love with this trade I'm eating cake and having a beer at 6 AM !

boozer32 and Brook! like this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Trading Sam would be a huge mistake. Which means it's not happening.

SOJAZ and FJF like this.
  7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Darnold is what 21 22 years old?Trading him would be the worst decision the team has ever made.This year will say alot with Darnold...

boozer32 and SOJAZ like this.
  8. WarriorRB28

They've already pretty much blown the 'cheap' years of Darnold's rookie deal. It doesn't look like they're serious contenders for a Super Bowl anytime soon.

It's sad you look at what the Browns have given Mayfield to work with, Buffalo looks like the favorite to win the AFC East with Allen then you see what the Jets have given Darnold. *shakes head*

With what QBs even non-elite ones make they have a major decision to make on Darnold soon.

The roster isn't set up for Darnold to be a statistical monster in 2020. I'm not saying he can't do it but going by what he has to work with he's facing a uphill battle.

In a perfect world Darnold would go out there have a great year and make it a easy decision as we know with the Jets rarely are things easy.

Douglas didn't draft him either. The end of Darnold's deal coincides with the timing of a possible Russel Wilson trade.

We'll see what his plan is going forward. If he builds us a championship Super Bowl team it's all good.

Right now I can't get excited about yet another rebuild.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah it's worked out real well for the Browns so far. He has one more win.

We have a good roster this year. Barring an avalanche of injuries it's a put up or shut up year for Gase and Darnold.

NYJFOREVER, Mogriffjr, FJF and 3 others like this.
  10. WarriorRB28

It's clear this GM isn't looking to go for it now. He's thinking future.

Are they going to overtake a team like Buffalo that is clearly going for it now?

I have to compare it to the Buffalo situation they did things the right way. They got their QB, built a team around him, made the playoffs last year and now with Brady gone they're gonna make their move.

The Jets got their QB three years later they let the #1 WR walk out the door, trade away their best player, go back into rebuild mode.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So what do you suggest? Buffalo has built their franchise the right way and has been in the playoffs 2 of 3 years. They've been .500 or better in 4 of 6 years.

They're rightfully going for it. We've been in the gutter for a decade besides the flash in a pan that was 2015. We have no base or infrastructure. You don't just sign everything in sight to 'go for it,' without building a foundation.

ColoradoContrails, FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Robbie May have been our #1 but he isn’t close to a #1. Him leaving doesn’t say much of anything regarding the state of our team other than we are trying not to overpay and build the right way.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Actually you can thank HC Gase, who pretty much hired Joe Douglas on his own

themorey likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, it could end up an ironic moment for him.

Hopefully, he will prove everybody wrong and turn out to be a good HC, the corner is ready to be turned now and it would be a huge shame if we blow it again over the next 2-3 seasons.

#14 K'OB, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Brook! and Footballgod214 like this.
  15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Leave it to the Jets to trade away their best draft pick in the last 20 years. Hopefully, it doesn't take another 20 years to draft another talent like Adams.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This is the issue i have with this trade.We are already a team void of talent..Yes its great we will have some more draft picks but for a team that hasnt made the playoffs in 10 years im not sure if this got us closer or further away.One things for sure it isnt going to help us win this season...Every year with the Jets becomes about " next year" pretty quick...Only next year never comes.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

If you think Darnold has the goods and he performs really well this year, curious if the Jets show good faith and throw him a deal that can be beneficial to him and team. I highly doubt it due to the years in when this may come about but just something to think about. The majority of people around the league already think it’s a tank for Lawrence situation but I have a ton of confidence that Darnold is the future here.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Better than Brick and Mangold?

FJF and K'OB like this.
  19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

This year wasn’t the year neither. This was mostly trying to build this awful roster to being respectable. Bring up the back end of the roster to the rest of the league. Yes this team lacks top end talent and losing Jamal hurts that but it’s not like he’s the difference between a contender and pretender. If anything the Jets have ammo to pick high quality talent coming out of college, Joe just has to hit on these picks. It’s plausible you can get an elite WR and a top edge rusher in the next draft. Plus you have ammo to move up if you need be.

NCJetsfan, SOJAZ and CotcheryFan like this.
  20. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

I just read Jamal is due a 2.8 mil roster bonus this week. This keeps getting better

themorey and NCJetsfan like this.