BREAKING: Jets Trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Aero, Jul 25, 2020.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

That’s BS also. Adams played them by taking a shot at Gase. Him and Gase got along well. He just went there to get himself dealt cause Gase is an easy target and of course the average Jet fan falls for it hook, line and sinker.

K'OB and cval like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That right there is exactly what JD was looking for, not to mention intelligence off the field which Adam had very little.

NCJetsfan and VegasMav like this.
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I hear you but i have no faith in Jets draft picks...They either walk in free agency or get traded when they pan out 2% of the time.So while on paper it looks great we continue to build teams the wrong way..We lost our two best players in Robby Anderson and Jamal Adams..I would have rather payed Adams and traded Bell.

4. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

Robby Anderson was one of our two best players? huh lol.

Centiment and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

Yes sadly on offense he was....Its either him or Crowder and i give the edge to Robby

6. LongIslandBlitz

Statiscally that is a Fact over the last 3 years

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I still can't believe this deal happened. What a move by Joe Douglas. Truly incredible. It is even better than it appears on paper because the distraction and headache of Jamal Adams is gone. A huge weight off of the organization's shoulders. McDougald and Davis should be able to replace him in an adequate way on the field too. Then throw in 2 1st Round Picks and a 3rd? Unbelievable.

8. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Get over your shell shock. You have Jets PTSD. The fortunes of franchises change all the time. You want to see a futile franchise look at the Bengals. How about the Browns? Detroit? We've had our share of success and futility.

But it's pretty apparent that we are on the upswing. Look at what JD has turned Leo and Adams into. They both play positions that aren't important. Adams was a nice luxury to have but that all went out the window when he decided he was in the same class as Mahomes.

The next few years are going to be a lot of fun to watch. It's always great to enjoy success after a streak of crap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

9. LongIslandBlitz

We lost to the Browns and Bengals last year so...Where does that put us?Werent they 0-8 or worse to

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Feels like the ship has been turned around for sure. And we just added a shit ton of blue chip draft capital. Two first rounders in back to back drafts with a GM that navigates trades pretty well can turn into 4 second rounders or even more. Or provide him enough to move up and get a Julio Jones type receiver (although that's not his style and those trades often fail).

Now Douglas needs to draft well. This is all for nothing if he trades all around the draft well and then drafts garbage.

11. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I'm speaking over time. You think your tortured for cheering for the Jets? Look at what those teams have done over the past 2 decades

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I am not gonna say I trust Joe D completely at this point but I am starting to think we got the right guy. For me to fully believe, next year will be the ultimate test for him as we will have the draft capital and cap space to put together a playoff team. He just needs to execute.

Vida, egelband, NYGANGGREEN and 2 others like this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

I will have faith in Joe Douglas when Adam Gase goes...And we bring in a better option.Adams was right in his assesment of Gase..

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd like for him to get a WR by the end of day 2 in next year's draft. There are a few good ones to go after even if Chase gets taken before our pick.

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I thought he was referring to himself in the third person again....

16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I take it he means Adams recruited Bell heavily to go to the Jets then skipped town himself. And that he spends too much time on social media.

Vida and egelband like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Enough with the “no faith with draft picks” and enough about living in the past. This is a fantastic trade and a steal for a malcontent safety. We now have a superior GM that knows how to trade and knows how to build a team. The future is bright. Gase is under the microscope now and only winning will keep from getting fired.
    Jamal, much like Leo, will be a distant memory a year from now.
    This team will be head and shoulders better in 2021 and on an uptrend for years to come.

Vida, NYJetsO12, NYGANGGREEN and 2 others like this.
  18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

LOL could you imagine if Wilson did opt out and their starting QB was...wait for it...GENO SMITH?! Adams will wish he had Darnold back after bitching about him too last year.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I want a first round receiver next year. We've had the worst receiver corps sans one year with Marshall and Decker (I know they were here longer but still) for the past decade and as much as we all loved Braylon Edwards and Santonio that wasn't a stellar collection either.

It's time to get the franchise QB a big time can't miss target

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

What a haul

Brook! and NYGANGGREEN like this.