ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am ok with that. Not ok with wishing injury.

2. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

In a perfect world Jamal crosses a line and winds up suspended/not allowed to dress for the 1st quarter of the season. We play lights out and go 4-0 behind an amazing defense and tremendously wonderful play by Darnold. Jamal stews while we thrive and he is forced to apologize publicly for his behavior. He comes back - is forgiven by all and helps us win the division for the 1st time in forever. Joe Douglas and Adam Gase wind up earning universal respect signaling to the league that this is a new era for the NY Jets. A fair extension is signed in the offseason with everyone able to look back and laugh at the silliness of 2020. We enter a golden age for the NY Jets and win multiple super bowls with Sam and Jamal serving as the faces of the franchise for the next decade.

twown and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I didn't come to that point lightly. I am a very compassionate person, but imo Jamal doesn't deserve one ounce of compassion over this. He brought it all on himself with his greed and selfishness. He crossed a line and so did I as a result. If he had just kept his mouth shut to the media and on social media and had just gone to Douglas and Gase and said that if they can't pay him now, to just trade him. He is worried about getting hurt like his father and never getting that second contract. I would have been unhappy, and disappointed, but I would have understood, and cut him some slack. I can understand his fear/concern. If he had done that, it wouldn't have given the Jets a black eye. They could have given him something in writing that they would take care of him if he got injured, or traded him and received a good return for him. I would have been puzzled initially, but when it was explained that they had traded Jamal because he wanted to be paid now, and that was against Jets' policy, I would have understood. I also would have understood because he's a SS and SSs are not worth the kind of coin he wants, even as good as he is. The Jets could have received a couple of good draft picks or a good starter and a draft pick or something of quality. Now, he's given the team a black eye, given them no choice but to trade him, and they won't get anything anywhere near his value in return. He has caused drama and chaos in the new culture. He did everything wrong. He's not stupid. He knows what he did, and did it coldly, intentionally, and maliciously. Fuck him.

nevbeats319, twown and NYJFan10 like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I get that. Normally, I wouldn't do that. If he had continued to be quiet to the media and just told Douglas that he no longer planned on playing for the Jets, that he would never sign a second contract, I wouldn't have. But after someone spoke to him and he kept quiet for a few weeks, then just decided "Fuck it, I'm going all in." that was the last straw for me. It may not be classy or cool, but honestly, I don't care. I'm extremely loyal, but once you double cross me, that's it.

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's nothing more than convenient, devious framing. He wants to shit on everything about the Jets, but he doesn't want the fans mad at him so he picks on low-hanging fruit (Gase) and makes an outlandish charge about Douglas that can't be publicly refuted short of Douglas stepping out of character and getting into a public tit-for-tat in a he-said he-said with something that Adams likely lied about (Douglas supposedly promising an extension)

SOJAZ and Vida like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The fact that this devious scheme has any chance of working tells you all you need to know about Gase. Also frankly, if I were in Adams's shoes, I'd want out too.

7. I agree with this premise but ill take it a step further i didnt mind the hire! Look at the staff he brought in w him.Look at Douglas & what Douglas has put around him in his front office!This is by FAR the best football operation in terms of credibility & legitimacy the team has had since the Parcells era.Are they perfect? No. perhaps even their biggest imperfection IS Gase.But for putting this group together ALONE im willing to give him another season.

I do think however that Gase has shown some critical flaws that he hasnt seemed to improve upon & i think if things go south w his player management as well as in the building, he could be run out of town & rightly so. Im 50/50 at this stage

This a very good coaching group around him. That showed last season. If delegation is his thing & hes not always the best people person,ive spoken to quite a few CEO’s in quite cordial circumstances who were awkward & not always personable. That didnt mean they werent good at their job.And im not saying Gase is. I care more about this offense getting better around Sam & if their continues to be smoke of him butting heads w players.

Time will tell.I certainly wouldnt mind avoiding cleaning house & simply making Williams HC while allowing him to promote a new DC from within.Or hell even Boyer.

SOJAZ and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The NFL world is probably split 50/50 on the Jamal thing. Players no doubt support him, while us fans and GMs everywhere despise him.

So....JD should set Jamal up.

JD should send over an initial contract extension offer like this: $12m/yr with certain incentives to hit MAYBE $14M tops. This is far less than the $20M per Jamal thinks he's worth. So.....Jamal throws (another) public hissy fit, but this time on how the Jets Org 'disrespected him' with that horrible offer, even though $14M per for a box safety is top money for that position. This would bring out the greedy-ness of his character and put it front and center. You KNOW Jamal would explode and never keep quiet.

Fans (and many players) across the league would start to see Jamal as just a greedy bitch, and discount everything he said about JD, Gase, Jets, etc. No fans of any team would be clamoring for their GM to get Jamal. Jamal's fate would be sealed with the Jets, for better or worse.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Love the sentiment but this has been going on since John Riggins. Guys just don’t want to play for the Jets.

10. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Adams Has to be suspended For conduct Deterrent to the team ...None of us are crazy about Gase .... But you can’t call him out to the Media or team like that! Thats so wrong!! And you’re supposed to be a captain? 2 or 3 game Suspension is call for ... don’t even bring his ass to camp!! ......And he needs to apologize to the team for being a distraction before He practices with the team again.... And if he can’t do that I’m OK with him sitting out the whole season

SOJAZ, JetsCuseYanksFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Imagesrdecieving

I bet JD has already sent over an offer along those lines. What is great is that we don't know. I think gone are the days of negotiating through the media. There can be no positive PR that can come from our Front Office leaking any details. I think that fans have already seen that Jamal is a greedy bitch. I'm sure that while players agree with the idea of Jamal getting paid even they are looking at this through the lens of "you're out of line". I'm not seeing any sort of public support from any current or ex-players for his actions.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Absolute nonsense. He is not fucking right. He is a fucking moron, and by criticizing him in public he cemented the fact that he is not a leader and will never be. Gase or no Gase. A team leader does his talking in private. He is not what we need, a big headache in the making who will never be smart or mature enough to be a leader.

FJF, SOJAZ, Vida and 1 other person like this.
  13. Imagesrdecieving

A suspension is a last resort right now. Get him in to camp and evaluate how disruptive he's being. If he practices hard between the lines and chooses to bitch to the media after - so be it.

One of the many ways that JD is playing this right is by not taking anything personally. It isn't us(the organization) vs him. Whether he stays or goes it's important that we conduct ourselves as professionals. While he is a Jet - to disparage him is to disparage our own organization.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

14. HomeoftheJets

Regardless of what you think about Adams, he's right that Gase isn't the right leader for the Jets.

15. jetstopgun

I disagree if you allow him to get away with this he’s going to push the envelope even further....As it is when he does comes to camp all eyes will be on him from a media standpoint To see what other outlandish things he can say about the Organization .... Instead of the focus being on the team .......one other thing this is a bad play by Adams...I don’t believe top tier teams will bring in a malcontent like Adams if you don’t show him the money....It’s one thing to want to get paid it’s another thing to rip organization,Head coach ,general manager and the owner ......Don’t get me wrong teams will want him but do you think a team will pay and trust him to keep his mouth shut if things don’t go his way?? I wouldn’t

16. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Please GET RID OF HIM
    Myles Garret takes over and destroys games. Jamal is a good player. He does not take over games like Garret does

jetstopgun likes this.
  17. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

No - other fans of other teams what this is get worse - so their team can trade for him lmao

18. jetstopgun

I’m not gonna disagree with you but you don’t air stuff like that in the press!! What do you think his next head coach is going to think If you don’t kiss his ass?....Just asked Antonio Brown oh sure he’s going to get back in the league ...Because the guy has talent ..... BUT! you think a team Ever going to give him big guaranteed money again ???

19. HomeoftheJets

My guess is that as long as Adams doesn't do this again, he'll get away with it this time precisely because it's Gase and the Jets that he's speaking out against.

Vida likes this.
  20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Make him play every defensive snap in pre-season.Great way to screw a troublesome player who has a secure position cause they'll hate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.