ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowles & Macagnan contracts still being on books. Spent a ton to replace coaching staff & personnel dept incl Douglas.Big deals to Mosley & Bell within the last 2 yrs. And that was before the pandemic.Not excusing the poor budget management just pointing out why.

Ptflea2 likes this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Which part? The part that Manish begins his "anonymous sources" and starts claiming things happened that can not be backed up anywhere?

That part?

3. Balance sheets are a mess league wide right now..its not exclusive the Jets. The # of big contracts on books within football operation,some not even w the org anymore just compounds the issue

FJF and RochesterJet like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean that's pretty whack to wish on someone.

Imagesrdecieving, FJF and cval like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It may be, but he is screwing my beloved team. He has made it impossible for them to keep him and impossible for them to get value in a trade for him. He's an immature, selfish POS imo, and it is what he deserves for his actions/attitude.

6. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Makes sense.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Definitely. Not that anyone will or should weep for the owners or executives, but they're losing a lot of money without fans (even though the big TV money is still there).

That's why no one wants to sign Clowney and a lot of players took the high road and grabbed short 1-year deals to reassess their situation after the year and get more money.

Normally the big name free agents available this off-season would've netted a lot more than they did on multi-year deals.

KurtTheJetsFan and RochesterJet like this.
  8. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I still can't believe the Browns back up that truck for Myles Garrett, they still had him under control for another 2 years! Crazy

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

He was in an awful negotiating position too with his current suspension and all of his dirty hits and fines and what not. That was such a Browns move.

He is incredible though.

10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

A couple thoughts ...

1. Jamal Adams has become my least favorite player on the team. The guy is a major league a-hole.
    2. I wouldn't even consider trading him. I'd rather just make him play out his contract, then franchise tag him over and over.
    3. If he wants to sit out to try and force a trade (or a new contract)? Fine by me. He can sit at home and pay fines. I would not give in under any circumstances. The Jets have leverage; Adams has none.
    4. If he isn't traded soon, we're going to find out very quickly if Gase is a complete imbecile. Adams was a captain last year (elected by the team). If Gase lets him be a captain this year, he's too stupid to be a head coach in the NFL. If he has to cancel the elections process to make sure it doesn't happen, then that's what he needs to do. The beginning of he end for Rex Ryan was when he took Santonio Holmes (who was a malcontent the year before) and made him a team captain, hoping it would teach him some responsibility. Instead, Holmes turned the whole team into a dumpster fire and actually got thrown out of the huddle in the middle of a game by his teammates. You don't reward bad behavior.

11. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

At what point do the Jets start fining his dumb ass? This is Antonio Brown part 2...

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Oh I agree. My point was that I commonly overlook anything Mehta writes when it does not have quotations around it.

Even then, I tend to look and make those quotes are accurate.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Fuck Jamal at this point... I feel the worst for Sam. Who has had to deal with more bullshit in his first two years? Totally devoid of talent at the skill positions, the worst OL in football, a coaching change and to a bad head coach, mono, a global pandemic ruining any shot at building chemistry with his new WRs and a totally new OL, and now this childish garbage overshadowing the start of camp. Jamal is a star, without question. But we will live and die by Sam Darnold and right now it's an uphill battle that he has no control over.

14. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Jerry Jones really started this trend when he caved and gave a RB big money 2 years early...makes very little sense from a team standpoint.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

It does but the one position it actually makes some sense for is runningbacks. Give them their big pay day early and keep them happy because they're inevitably going to decline and be dumped when they're 26-27. You don't want to have to pay them at that age. You'd rather them be at the tail end of their pay day at that point with little guaranteed money.

But to your point - the players don't see things like that. They see Zeke at the Pro Bowl and in the headlines with his big contracts. His position is irrelevant to them when they negotiate themselves.

The Jets handled this exact situation perfectly when they dealt Keyshawn Johnson and used the picks for the foundation of their franchise for the next five years. We've botched if ever since and let it escalate to this bullshit every single time through Revis, Will/Richardson and now Adams.

RochesterJet likes this.
  16. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I completely disagree RBs fall off quick I would have taken advantage of that rookie contract then either trade him or go year by year on the franchise....the Steelers played it perfect with Bell.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Nobody ever deserves that unless he is intentionally injuring other players.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  18. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Adams is a great player and he will get his money in time. The worst thing he can do is feed quotes to Mehta. This stuff is really boring.

19. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Don't give in to Adams. He's doing everything he can to spread lies and innuendo to force a team and get paid. But we can't budge until we get the exact package that we want for him. Let him throw his tantrum, he can't be moved until we get a kings ransom

RochesterJet likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

I definitely agree in principle nor do I ever agree with dumping cap money into a runningback for the most part.

There are certain situations with top talent that it makes sense. Especially in closing Super Bowl windows with really good, but aging quarterback. The Street in 2017 were 13-3 with a happy All-Pro version of Bell and likely SB contenders in 2018 with him. If they would've paid him after his 2016 season he would've been finishing out this contract this year. They got good production out if Conner but definitely not vintage LeVeon.

Similar situation with Melvin Gordon. Again - never a fan of paying runningbacks but it was a really bad move in terms of trying to contend for a Super Bowl for the Chargers to not just cave and give him his deal. Ekeler played well but Ekeler/Gordon to start the year would've helped Rivers a lot early in that season when the line was in shambles.

Jerry Jones thought he had a SB window. I think Zeke's incredible to be honest. And I think he's most deserving of the money vs. Dak and Cooper. That contract is still ridiculous though and that team needed to retool more than it needed a record breaking runningback contract with a guy that's always a wild Saturday night away from his second suspension.

MJK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.