ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The problem is that no one really understood the impact COVID-19 would have on the contract situations. There's too much uncertainty going into the future to be handing out large contracts.

That said, even before COVID, there were a ton of 1 year deals getting done because the PLAYERS didn't want to sign long term deals with the new CBA and salary cap situation looming. They all wanted to bet on themselves and then cash in on large contracts in '21.

So even if Douglas poo-poo'd this, I give him a pass because all teams in the NFL are doing the same thing.

2. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

What Adams is doing is very calculated. I'd guess there's a team willing to trade for Adams but what they are willing to offer is less than what the Jets are willing to accept. Now, Adams is pretty much trying to force a fire sale. He's trying to force the Jets to unload him ASAP.

Vida and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The problem here is Jamal was willing to sign an extension but now that he isn’t getting his way Gase is a problem. There’s some consistency issues in all this

Vida, Aero, KurtTheJetsFan and 2 others like this.
  4. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Originally I was thinking the same thing about Covid. But in the last month or so, we've seen two players from the same draft class sign long term contracts.

I definitely think Douglas made a bit of misstep not trading him earlier. The Jets could be sitting here with Ceedee Lamb, and the additional third rounder (if that was on the table) which could have been another lineman/CB.

But if Douglas gets a better haul now, I have no problem taking it all back.

5. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Posts pointing out that Adams's a kid are completely correct. Not only is he a kid, but he's also been coddled in many ways. He's spoiled with god-given talented and maximizes it. He's been worshiped for his value, and he thinks that he can get what he wants.

The only way that Douglas can mess this up is to be a bad parent and cave into the kid's demands. Sometimes, you need tough love. If Adams wants to sit out the next two seasons in time-out, then let him do it. His loss. Or he can apologize, be the prodigal son, and get that big payday party. But the Jets can not cave. Bad for the team and the sport.

6. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

The way Adams keeping upping the ante, about the only thing left for him to do is to take a shit on the SBIII trophy.

Vida and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Don't worry guys! It's all Luv!

8. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

I enjoy this site but rarely comment. I've been a die-hard fan for 30+ years now and don't think I've ever been this angry/upset in a long time. As everyone could attest to I've had plenty of reasons to be when it comes to this team. But a supposed "team leader" would never make his frustrations public to the extent Adams has. Demanding trades on social media. Bashing your head coach and general manager and telling the world they're inept at their jobs and this is the reason you want to be traded? AND telling it to Mehta of all people who almost everyone on this site despises. Ugh. This is all about money and everyone knows it. But you know the one thing Adams loves more than money - football. Without it, he's broken. Which is exactly what he's attempting to do with this franchise. I understand this is a business and the NYJ must do what's best for the organization but I'd let this guy sit on the end of the bench and watch the game he loves right in front of his very eyes. I get this will never happen but I really hope this guy doesn't step foot on the field for this team ever again and just don't see any way we can get fair value in a trade at this time.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Spot on!

I hope you we trade his ass, but I would love to watch him ride the bench.

What he has done should disgust anyone in the NFL. This is not a guy I would want anywhere near my locker room. I don't give a shit how good he is

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Full costanza? Wearing namaths Jersey?

Vida and Since1969 like this.
  11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I mean this is a guy who liked an Instagram post critical of Darnold last year. He whined about not wanting to be traded months ago and then has whined every way possible trying to get a trade since. Gase is nothing more than a convenient excuse meant to get sympathy from the fans.

Vida and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We need to get this clown outta here ASAP.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The article, just like every other Mehta hit piece on Gase, is an embarrassment. Jamal Adams is all over the place. The Jets wanted to monitor him before giving him an extension? Why? Could it be because he acted like a piece of shit cry baby ever since the trade deadline last year? I would also want to monitor him before giving him big money. Ironic, because it all started with him getting his feelings hurt that the Jets would take calls on him. Sounds like a guy who loves the Jets and would never want to leave. But....

-Then he acted like he wanted out and did not trust the Jets. Not the kind of guy you extend.

-Then he said he DID want an extension with the Jets and to be paid.

-Then nothing happened, except for a worldwide pandemic, and the Jets looked as if they wanted to wait an extra year before extending him.

-Then he demanded a trade. Then, all of a sudden, it was because of Adam Gase, despite the fact Adams wanted an extension FROM THE JETS.

This guy thinks he is a winner, but he is a total loser. It's a shame really. I went from being mad at him, to being sad and embarrassed for him. He is misguided and lacks intelligence. It is unfortunate, because he is a great player.

Vida, Footballgod214 and FJF like this.
  14. Falco21

He's a piece of shit. There is no other way to spin this. I do not care how hard you look, you can not look at anything that has happened and think otherwise. This is not how you act as a human being. This is not how you act as an adult. And this sure as hell is not how you act as a leader on a team.

And the best part of all of this, is the absolute silence from Gase and Douglas. They have done an AMAZING job in completely ignoring his antics in the public sphere, and letting him run himself in the ground.

Many people on the outside may jump at the chance to point to this as another piece of evidence that the Jets are in turmoil, but I think this is a HUGE step forward for this organization. Take the high road and play this like a professional. I'm loving it

Vida and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. Falco21

And not that it means anything, but even Cimini is calling out his bullshit.

Cimini wrote an article about this and pointed out how during the season and at the beginning of the season, Adams wanted to be a Jet for life. Now, all of a sudden, Gase is not the right guy? Right when contract talks are not happening like he wants?

Pussy

Vida likes this.
  16. loser is the right word.This guy will never be a true leader or win anything unless he radically matures & changes his mindset. Thats if he ever recovers from how he is conducting himself currently.

Id love for the fly over banner people who got Idzik out to reappear & let this chump know exactly how Jet nation feels about his nonsense.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

18. Falco21

Yup!

100000% agree

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

So he had Ryan Clark from ESPN do his dirty work now he's recruited Mehta. Lol. Says a lot about his character.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

What's not being discussed here in the article......Douglas was told by ownership (pre pandemic)to not spend money?

What dat about!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.